Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 9th March 2015 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nightbreed Directors cut

Attachment 158914

Can't afford the posh edition and am only region 1 dvd playable anyway, wasn't sure if there'd be any of the extras on the dvd copy.
Looks as though it's got a couple of docs and audio commentary on the dvd version as well so i'm pretty chuffed about that. :)
That's my night sorted then. :cool: :pop2:

Buboven 9th March 2015 11:52 AM

Cool, thx for your opinions guys, I think I remember the boss man at Arrow saying they werent going to do 4K blu's for absolutely ages yet, even if they did, since blu is the highest quality most of the older, cult films arrow are realistically worth putting out anyway, hell even some can only be released on DVD.

Rik 9th March 2015 11:56 AM

Yeah, I can't see 4K taking off for ages (if at all), I'm certainly not buying films on another format...again!

Like J Harker, I'm still way off replacing my DVDs and can't see that happening anytime soon either

Nordicdusk 9th March 2015 12:01 PM

What size is your current TV?

Demoncrat 9th March 2015 01:36 PM

Dr No (MGM UK "Ultimate Edition" 2 discer)
Mulberry Street (Momentum UK dvd)
Mad Max trilogy (WB UK dvd)
7th Voyage Of Sinbad (sony UK dvd)

£2.

Gold6082 9th March 2015 04:02 PM

I went to hmv in Crawley for the first time in 3 years.

I got

Tomb of Ligeia arrow blu
creepozoids & shadowzone dvds from 88 films.

they have really upped their game they had loads of 88,arrow & shameless titles. and a massive range of other films. it used to be hard to find anything worthwhile buying in there now you're spoilt & some of the prices have greatly improved too.

I also got a book Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins for £7.99 in WH Smiths.

Buboven 9th March 2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 438689)
What size is your current TV?

I don't have my own tv at the moment, just moved into a new rented place, has a 32 inch Samsung HD TV in the living room but want to but my own so i can watch arrow blu among other film son a bigger screen.

Nordicdusk 9th March 2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 438714)
I don't have my own tv at the moment, just moved into a new rented place, has a 32 inch Samsung HD TV in the living room but want to but my own so i can watch arrow blu among other film son a bigger screen.

I only recently upgraded from a 32 HD ready to a 42 full HD and its like watching all my Blu Rays for the first time again they look amazing. Hope you have fun with your new TV.

nekromantik 9th March 2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 438718)
I only recently upgraded from a 32 HD ready to a 42 full HD and its like watching all my Blu Rays for the first time again they look amazing. Hope you have fun with your new TV.

In January I upgraded from 42" HD to 60" 4K!
:)

Linbro 10th March 2015 04:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's deliveries