Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 5th November 2016 06:40 AM

It was the Guillermo del Toro produced film I got

I think the television show was actually called 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?'

MuckyFunster 5th November 2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 510342)
It was the Guillermo del Toro produced film I got

I think the television show was actually called 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?'

You're right, it was the Tv show I picked up!

When I saw your post the first time I was just thinking about your post on "bananas" about the mad pricing in Oxfam shops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 10:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Waxwork & Waxwork II blu-ray. Yep, the design of the cover is silly. Waxwork on the front, and Waxwork II on the reverse. Could they not have just given us 2 separate cases in a box?

Attachment 184117 Attachment 184118

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 11:07 AM

Pre-ordered some more Italian goodness:

BAKA 5th November 2016 11:48 AM

I watched Camera Obscura's edition of Short Night Of The Glass Dolls recently and it looked sublime. I assume 88 Films will be using the same master, so people are definitely in for a treat.

Can't wait for Mad Dog Killer on Monday, along with Prozzie. Curious what's happening with The Perfume Of The Lady In Black. Seems to keep getting pushed back further and further.

I'm hoping Diabolik will be dispatching Grindhouse Releasing's I Drink Your Blood this week, especially with the exchange rate creeping up.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 510361)
I watched Camera Obscura's edition of Short Night Of The Glass Dolls recently and it looked sublime. I assume 88 Films will be using the same master, so people are definitely in for a treat.

Can't wait for Mad Dog Killer on Monday, along with Prozzie. Curious what's happening with The Perfume Of The Lady In Black. Seems to keep getting pushed back further and further.

I'm hoping Diabolik will be dispatching Grindhouse Releasing's I Drink Your Blood this week, especially with the exchange rate creeping up.

I had been toying with getting CO's release of Short Night for a bit, and despite loving their releases very much, I'm glad in this instance that I did decide to hold off what with 88 using the same master (ditto Amuck apparently) and it being more friendly on my poor battered wallet.

I also have Prozzie on pre-order (locked it in when Amazon had it for £8.85 several months ago) so hopefully it will arrive with Mad Dog Killer, although Amazon at the moment are telling me that they will be holding my order of MDK until Short Night is released at the end of the month in a vain attempt to make me go Prime. :skull:

Perfume has a tentative April release date. I could be imagining things, but I'm sure 88 delayed this one due to better materials becoming available. In contrast, I think quite a few people have been disappointed with Raro's recently released effort. A shame they couldn't have added this one to their Indiegogo as it is one of my favourite Italian films - period.

I'm also hoping my $39.99 Amazon price-error order for Criterion's Lone Wolf and Cub collection dispatches soon whilst the exchange rate is better. :pray:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 510357)

All good films, however i'm sure you know that already, B_E. My personal fave would be Mad Dog Killer / Beast With a Gun. A terrific actioner with a brilliant performance by Helmut Berger and of course the gorgeous Marisa Mell.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 510363)
All good films, however i'm sure you know that already, B_E. My personal fave would be Mad Dog Killer / Beast With a Gun. A terrific actioner with a brilliant performance by Helmut Berger and of course the gorgeous Marisa Mell.

The only one of the three that I've never seen! ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to check it out some time in December once Noir November has come to an end.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 510364)
The only one of the three that I've never seen! ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to check it out some time in December once Noir November has come to an end.

Well that's surprised me. I thought you'd have the BU dvd in your collection.

I too have Prozzie on preorder. I've never seen it but by all accounts it has a fine performance from Suzanna Love as the titular character. If it turns out to be poor i'll blame her hubby Lommel.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th November 2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 510365)
Well that's surprised me. I thought you'd have the BU dvd in your collection.

One (of many) that I never bought sadly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 510365)
I too have Prozzie on preorder. I've never seen it but by all accounts it has a fine performance from Suzanna Love as the titular character. If it turns out to be poor i'll blame her hubby Lommel.

It's one I've never seen too - I used to see the Vipco release quite a bit when it was doing the rounds but the cover never really dragged me in enough for a purchase.

http://dv1.us/p1/896/052896-d0.jpg

It can't be worse than Boogeyman 2 though. :skull: