Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 17th September 2016 09:24 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Charity shop finds

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 505606)
50p from CEX. Can't say fairer than that.

Attachment 182771

Now that's one i did buy. Great film, great price, Stephen.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 505614)
Charity shop finds

Is that first one Alien Hunter? Pretty decent film. Spader stars with his wife (Leslie Stefanson), and previously starred together in the excellent The Stickup, directed by Rowdy Herrington.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505615)
Now that's one i did buy. Great film, great price, Stephen.

It is. I caught it on tv last year or the year before, and really enjoyed it. Another one I like, and I know some who really hate it, is Elizabethtown starring Orlando Bloom and kirsten Dunst.

J Harker 17th September 2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 505619)
It is. I caught it on tv last year or the year before, and really enjoyed it. Another one I like, and I know some who really hate it, is Elizabethtown starring Orlando Bloom and kirsten Dunst.

How can anyone hate a film with Kristen Dunst?!

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2016 11:00 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen Elizabethtown, i'll have to check it out. I love films like this. It doesn't have to be blood and guts all the time. Thanks Stephen.

I recommend Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist if you haven't seen that.

J Harker 17th September 2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505584)
Not really no. I've caught bits of it on tv in years gone but i've never sat down and watched it.

Look forward to your thoughts, its been a while but i really like it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 505628)
Look forward to your thoughts, its been a while but i really like it.

Cheers.

No idea when i'll watch it. Hopefully next weekend so it's part of Sci-Fi September.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th September 2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 505622)
How can anyone hate a film with Kristen Dunst?!

Elizabethtown is the only film I have watched at the cinema and left before the credits rolled. I probably lasted about 40 minutes before realising I hated everything about the film and would have done myself physical harm if I stayed.

I detested both main characters, the dialogue was appalling, the setup even worse, the direction inept, and I didn't care whether anyone lived or died. I have never felt that way about any films since, including the Transformers films.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th September 2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505623)
I haven't seen Elizabethtown, i'll have to check it out. I love films like this. It doesn't have to be blood and guts all the time. Thanks Stephen.

I recommend Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist if you haven't seen that.

I second Demdike's recommendation of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and really like (500) Days of Summer (the soundtrack is excellent if you like listening to film soundtracks).