Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 17th March 2017 04:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quite a find for 50p, Morgan is Hopper with a glued on beard as an Aussie outlaw, just imagine a pre-detox Hopper running round the Australian wilderness in 1976 and you get the idea (the crappy transfer adds to the grunge appeal), good fun and picked End of Days to make it an even £1 thanks to cancer research charity shop.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th March 2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 524997)
Ordered the uncut German blu-ray of Never Say Never Again (the UK version is cut for horse cruelty - the animal falls badly into water). Cost me just over 10 pounds including delivery which isn't bad at all. I don't think that it is a very good Bond film but I wanted it to complete my 007 blu-ray collection. It has a pretty good opening scene, an enjoyable fight scene with Pat Roach, an excellent shark sequence and Max Von Sydow as Blofeld working in it's favour. Also interestingly, the first black Felix Leiter and a fun turn from Rowan Atkinson as a hapless intelligence operative. So it's not all bad. Terrible score though and surprisingly lacklustre direction from Irvin Kershner, and of course it's pretty much an unnecessary retread of the far superior Thunderball. But will still be a fun watch despite my issues with the film. :)

Yeah, I really like NSNA. I actually think it's better than watching Roger Moore running around in a safari suit and a clown coustume. And I love the opening scene and song.

monkeypedro 17th March 2017 05:32 PM

7 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries plus a few charity shop purchases.

Managed to get the 5 disc collectors edition of Blade Runner for £7 delivered from Facebook and it was still sealed. White Christmas, Airplane 1 & 2, Top Secret and Children of Heaven were impulse buys as wereonly 50p from the village charity shop.

Justin101 17th March 2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 525019)
This weeks deliveries plus a few charity shop purchases.

Managed to get the 5 disc collectors edition of Blade Runner for £7 delivered from Facebook and it was still sealed. White Christmas, Airplane 1 & 2, Top Secret and Children of Heaven were impulse buys as wereonly 50p from the village charity shop.

The 'Fright Pack' looks like fun :lol: :D

MuckyFunster 17th March 2017 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm doing alright out the charity shops this week! That's three days in a row I've come away with something.

I'm beginning to feel a bit like Trebor.

Attachment 188376

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th March 2017 07:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Two Premium Collection titles this week. Really loving them using the original poster artwork on these.

Attachment 188377Attachment 188378

And not bought by me, but a surprise late birthday present from my cousin. This set is selling for silly money these days. 110 episodes of the Stephen J Canell 90's tv show Renegade, starring Lorenzo Lamas, Kathleen Kinmont and Branscombe Richmond. Been looking to get this for a while.

Attachment 188379

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 525035)

And not bought by me, but a surprise late birthday present from my cousin. This set is selling for silly money these days. 110 episodes of the Stephen J Canell 90's tv show Renegade, starring Lorenzo Lamas, Kathleen Kinmont and Branscombe Richmond. Been looking to get this for a while.

Attachment 188379

Renegade! That's me dead jealous. :lol:

What an excellent gift from your cousin. :woot:

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th March 2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 525036)
Renegade! That's me dead jealous. :lol:

What an excellent gift from your cousin. :woot:

It certainly was, and completey unexpected too. I know it still wasn't cheap, but I've seen people asking for over £300 on Amazon. Crazy!

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th March 2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 525037)
It certainly was, and completey unexpected too. I know it still wasn't cheap, but I've seen people asking for over £300 on Amazon. Crazy!

I had a look and saw the same prices... for a Mill Creek set as well. :shocked:

Still that's how it goes sometimes.

I hope you love revisiting such a classic series. :couch:

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th March 2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 525038)
I had a look and saw the same prices... for a Mill Creek set as well. :shocked:

Still that's how it goes sometimes.

I hope you love revisiting such a classic series. :couch:

I sure will. I remember the 2-part episode Murderers Row was released on vhs as a feature length film and had some nudity in it (a common thing in a few 90's tv shows put out on vhs, including Stargate SG-1, and Total Recall 2070), but it's the 2-part tv version in the set. It was the first thing I checked today [emoji23][emoji23]