Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd December 2017 03:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals. The first four from the recent Network sale, two from Morrison's, and finally four cheapies with 15% off from Music Magpie. My recent purchase of Murder on the Orient Express has whetted my appetite for all star Agatha Christie mysteries.

Deadite 2nd December 2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 559135)

I know i'm getting old, but those two look about 12.

SymbioticFunction 3rd December 2017 01:04 PM

Bought some Quentin Tarantino discs. 2 blu-rays and a dvd set so I could fully complete my Tarantino section. Bought:

Four Rooms on Italian blu-ray. 1995.
CSI 'Grave Danger' two-parter on French blu-ray. 2005.
ER Season One dvd set for penultimate 'Motherhood' episode. 1995.

I haven't previously seen the 3 television episodes that he directed so they should be good fun to check out. This will mean that my Tarantino section will consist of 14 films and 2 television projects.

BAKA 3rd December 2017 02:34 PM

I love American Gothic. Don't think I've ever seen Dead & Breakfast.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd December 2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 559297)

I've seen neither. For some reason i thought American Gothic was something very different to what is described on the box.

It sounds terrific.

profondo rosso 3rd December 2017 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Star Wars New Hope 40th anniversary soundtrack vinyl set and Doctor Who Shada Steelbook

Attachment 199597

Attachment 199598

Demoncrat 3rd December 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 559300)
I've seen neither. For some reason i thought American Gothic was something very different to what is described on the box.

It sounds terrific.

Enjoy. Small gem. Great genre cast etc. Lap it up ye will.

Went to town as such and came home with Cheap Thrills, Yakuza Apocalypse, Can't Come Out To Play and Rise If The Footsoldier II BDs. TBC ...

profondo rosso 3rd December 2017 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

It sounds terrific.

Did this used to be called Hide and Shriek?

Attachment 199609

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd December 2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 559297)

Quote:

It sounds terrific.

American Gothic really is terrific (well at least I think so!)

It made my Top 100 '80s horror list.

Dead and Breakfast is an enjoyable watch. If you like films in the vein of Braindead and Slither then you should get at least some entertainment value out of it. I re-watched it as part of my October Halloween viewing for what was probably the first time in over a decade and enjoyed the re-visit.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd December 2017 08:05 PM

The only DVD I have the American Gothic is the cheap Stax Entertainment one with Yvonne DeCarlo and Rod Steiger on the cover. I haven't seen it in years, but remember it being a surprisingly atmospheric and effective film.