Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 1st May 2018 03:38 PM

I've seen 'Bruiser' once a few years ago.

It's an o.k watch but i didn't find it to be anything special.
I think the idea of a faceless killer and the way he becomes one was intriguing, but the execution of the story seemed a bit off, also once the character becomes faceless surely that would make finding the killer easier.

Anyway it is worth a watch and one i've been meaning to pick up for a while just to have it in the Romero film collection.:pop2:

And to see if my first impressions were correct.

marvinnashsear 1st May 2018 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=gag;574393]Two where 50p and three where £1 and yes that is Dunkirk the latest one, two disc slipcover

I've never seen
Chaser
Paris 45 renaissance
Days of being wild

The Chaser is fantastic, gag. Na Hong-jin also did The Wailing which I think you've got. It's brilliant too.

gag 1st May 2018 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=marvinnashsear;574413]
Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 574393)
Two where 50p and three where £1 and yes that is Dunkirk the latest one, two disc slipcover

I've never seen
Chaser
Paris 45 renaissance
Days of being wild

The Chaser is fantastic, gag. Na Hong-jin also did The Wailing which I think you've got. It's brilliant too.

Thanks yes wailing bought earlier this year and if I like both then I'll go full hog and buy the other film the yellow sea .

trebor8273 1st May 2018 04:21 PM

For those who would like to know the 4k version of gladiator includes both versions, which didn't seem to be included in description.

Had a quick look at it and the opening battle looks spectacularly in 4k with HDR.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 574419)
For those who would like to now the 4k version of gladiator includes both version, which didn't seem to be included in description.

Had a quick look at it and the opening battle looks spectacularly in 4k with HDR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st May 2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 574413)

I echo this sentiment. Both great films.

Demoncrat 1st May 2018 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=gag;574417]
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 574413)

Thanks yes wailing bought earlier this year and if I like both then I'll go full hog and buy the other film the yellow sea .

Was impressed with both Sea and The Wailing ... so I'll get The Chaser then :lol:
Race!
:laugh:

SymbioticFunction 2nd May 2018 12:28 AM

Ordered a couple of UK David Cronenberg blu-rays from the HMV online store. Rabid and Existenz (that's out in 3 weeks). Now I will own bds of all the Cronenberg films that I like enough to keep: Shivers, Rabid, The Brood, Scanners, The Dead Zone, Videodrome, The Fly & Existenz. btw Existenz seemed like an appreciated heavy nod to his old fanbase. There are other films that I do obviously respect but I personally don't want to own them.

gag 2nd May 2018 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 574479)
Ordered a couple of UK David Cronenberg blu-rays from the HMV online store. Rabid and Existenz (that's out in 3 weeks). Now I will own bds of all the Cronenberg films that I like enough to keep: Shivers, Rabid, The Brood, Scanners, The Dead Zone, Videodrome, The Fly & Existenz. btw Existenz seemed like an appreciated heavy nod to his old fanbase. There are other films that I do obviously respect but I personally don't want to own them.

I think there two early films by Cronenberg I don't own (can't remember of top my head ) and his last few , he my all time fav director.

Justin101 2nd May 2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 574479)

I haven't bought The Fly yet, but I have all of those other ones, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Dead Ringers!

I've not seen any of the more recent films apart from Crash (not really that recent) and Eastern Promises but I do want to check them out.