Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 23rd June 2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 579654)
What's Xtro like folks? And am the only one that thinks Last House on the Left is actually a bit rubbish?

Xtro is great still waiting on my copy to arrive , years since I've seen last house but I did think it a bit slow and boring but has been years.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 579654)
What's Xtro like folks? And am the only one that thinks Last House on the Left is actually a bit rubbish?

I love Xtro.

Last House i'm not so keen. It has a grim atmosphere but as entertainment is severely lacking unless you want to watch women crying for an hour.

I own the three disc dvd of Last House. Even if i was blu compatible i wouldn't bother upgrading it.

Crimson Blade 23rd June 2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 579658)
I love Xtro.

Last House i'm not so keen. It has a grim atmosphere but as entertainment is severely lacking unless you want to watch women crying for an hour.

I own the three disc dvd of Last House. Even if i was blu compatible i wouldn't bother upgrading it.

Last House, is okay. But i prefer House on The Edge of The Park.
It's still a grim film, but it has that italian charm.

monkeypedro 23rd June 2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 579653)
I reckon Fopp might have an upcoming 88 promo. All these plus some others were down to £6 when I fopped in there today.

I’d planned on buying Last house on the left and Xtro, but ended up with 7 for the same price.

I’ll regret that decision before too long, when the LEs sell out and are gone forevo.

Attachment 205993

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 88 Films promotion should be the next few weeks according to the Fopp staff when i spoke to them about it last week. The only titles i need that weren't reduced to £6 when i looked earlier today were Offerings and The Mercenary so hoping they will be soon.

nosferatu42 23rd June 2018 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One from the charity shop.

Attachment 205995

J Harker 23rd June 2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 579658)
I love Xtro.

I've got Last House in the first(?) Box of the Banned set from ABUK and although it's been ages I recall it being a rather pointless affair with random bits of outright silliness. Such as the Benny Hill cops.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 579664)
I've got Last House in the first(?) Box of the Banned set from ABUK and although it's been ages I recall it being a rather pointless affair with random bits of outright silliness. Such as the Benny Hill cops.

Is that version cut? The original Anchor Bay release was.

gag 23rd June 2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 579665)

I'm pretty sure it is .

J Harker 23rd June 2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 579665)

I think so. Although it's the only version I've ever seen so I don't know what the cuts are. Is this new Arrow release uncut? Am i really missing anything?

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 579669)
I think so. Although it's the only version I've ever seen so I don't know what the cuts are. Is this new Arrow release uncut? Am i really missing anything?

This version is definitely uncut. Has the excellent slasher doc on it as well. £1.19 at Music Magpie. Bargain!

https://store.musicmagpie.co.uk/prod...-disc-ultimate