Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 8th August 2018 04:59 PM

My guess is it's like an amazon warehouse, and he's got the scan gun

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th August 2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 584652)
I already curate what I post on here, not everything that I buy :lol: so no I wouldn't!

Nobody cares what you buy outside of film, music and for some, games.

You shouldn't curate which of these you buy as it shows diversity.

I'll happily show my double dvd of Bring it On Again and Bring it On All or Nothing when they arrive. :lol: Two films that 99% of people on here wouldn't go anywhere near.

trebor8273 8th August 2018 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 584654)
where do you store them all Trebor? it must be like walking into Hmv in your house.

Here

Justin101 8th August 2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 584657)

I'll happily show my double dvd of Bring it On Again and Bring it On All or Nothing when they arrive. :lol: Two films that 99% of people on here wouldn't go anywhere near.

I'm the 1% :lol:

gag 8th August 2018 05:03 PM

Tbh I'm more baffled at how does he find the time to watch them.
Or probably doesn't :happy:

monkeypedro 8th August 2018 05:05 PM

I do have a problem both with how many movies i buy and issues with space. To make a start in controlling the problem i have been slowly sorting through my collection and have given hundreds of dvds to charity and sell stuff on a weekly basis. I am more focused in what i collect but trouble is my interests are very varied but mostly Asian movies, Horror, Classic tv and anime are what i collect.

I am very active on facebook groups so pick up many bargains and will try and wait to buy new releases in the sales especially 88 Films and Arrow with the exception of some of the limited editions. I do budget and will sell an item specifically to fund some of the more expensive titles i want, as an example last week i sold my From Dusk Till Dawn steel book to buy the Hammer Volume three box set from Trebor as also had the bluray trilogy. I do not spend as much as i used to back in the day but then i did collect laserdiscs which were far from cheap.

In the end movies are a big part of my life and will continue to collect till physical media is no longer available. I now only work part time thanks to having no mortgage anymore plus have no debt and have never had so much time to watch and enjoy what i buy and attend several film festivals every year. So far this year i have watched over 400 movies plus tv and anime series.

trebor8273 8th August 2018 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here.

trebor8273 8th August 2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 584662)
Tbh I'm more baffled at how does he find the time to watch them.
Or probably doesn't :happy:

I don't and thats another part of the problem.

Paul Zombie 8th August 2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 584657)

I would watch them. i have quite a lot of films that some would say are embarrasing. :laugh:

Paul Zombie 8th August 2018 05:21 PM

It is definately addicting. No matter how many you have you always feel the urge to buy more. and collecting them is just as much fun as watching them.

but i am a total amateur compared to Trebor. :laugh: