Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 9th August 2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 584816)
So when you spend lots of money on DVD/BD don't lose sight of the fact that's probably a pittance compared to some spending and there's a lot worse to spend your hard earned money on, my mate blew £200 in a pub in 2-3 hours back in the 90s (despite us telling him to slow down)

I always use this argument with the other half, neither of us drink or smoke and we don't go for 'nights out' so to speak. So my spending on a few discs in a month is usually less than people spend on a weekend going to the pub.

You have to look at the bigger picture :lol:

Demoncrat 9th August 2018 05:29 PM

True J :nod:
The last time I went 'out' .... sheesh ... felt like an alien :laugh:

The synchronicity continues apace ....

Thick As Thieves. UK dvd. 50p.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th August 2018 05:33 PM

What is this going out you speak of? :lol:

Justin101 9th August 2018 05:37 PM

I'm not even joking when I say this, and this is probably the gayest thing you'll ever hear me say, more gay than when I messaged Dem this afternoon professing my love for James Franco, the only time I go out these days is to eat Brunch on a saturday morning :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th August 2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 584822)
I'm not even joking when I say this, and this is probably the gayest thing you'll ever hear me say, more gay than when I messaged Dem this afternoon professing my love for James Franco, the only time I go out these days is to eat Brunch on a saturday morning :lol:

This Saturday morning thing you speak of? What the hell is that?

Kids today with their terms like 'Going out' and 'Saturday morning' - i feel as alien as Demoncrat.

Demoncrat 9th August 2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 584821)
What is this going out you speak of? :lol:

To quote the manual
A non essential passage of time spent amongst other humans, none of whom know who Soledad Miranda is.

:nod:

Justin101 9th August 2018 05:50 PM

:lol: My body clock is so set in stone now I'm up at 7am every day I haven't had a lie in since about 2004 :lol:

We're usually back home by 10:30am haha, that's it, breakfast out, shopping done, he has his comfy clothes back on and it's a day of relaxing for him at least, for me I'm usually working on my degree! I only have 4.5 weeks left to go! I'll be writing up my final report for next 3 weeks after I've had some product testing and feedback from the stakeholders!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th August 2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 584828)
To quote the manual
A non essential passage of time spent amongst other humans, none of whom know who Soledad Miranda is.

:nod:

:lol:

Rik 9th August 2018 05:53 PM

You lot sound like a bunch of old farts :lol:

I don’t go out on the lash that often, but most Thursdays I rehearse with the band and because it’s above a pub I end up having a good 6 or 7 pints and if we’re gigging (like tomorrow) I’ll have a few more than that, perks of not being able to drive :nod:

gag 9th August 2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 584819)
I always use this argument with the other half, neither of us drink or smoke and we don't go for 'nights out' so to speak. So my spending on a few discs in a month is usually less than people spend on a weekend going to the pub.

You have to look at the bigger picture :lol:

That's so true considering some people smoke over 20 a day (what's price of fags tenner or something ?) That's around £70 a week then spend £70 plus on a night out at weekend .
I've never smoked never seen attraction , can't be arsed drinking more or less gone of it ,
never been much for drinking anyway just odd occasion here and there . tbh I rather spend my money on some hobby irrelevant to what it is at least you've got something to show for it where as drinking smoking etc you've got nowt but chances of bad health later on in life , at least with your hobby if owt goes wrong in life and hit hard times you can sell it to claw some money back and pick yourself back up again.