Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 593853)
Recent arrivals. Criterion Collection Flash Sale haul, a bunch of recent releases (partly thanks to my second £50 Pure Rewards voucher of the year; switching most of my pre-orders from Amazon to HMV has now made a big difference, especially with the 2 for £25) and my Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday sale order. No one does slipcovers like Vinegar Syndrome, embossed, spot-gloss, die-cut, honestly so beautiful if you appreciate physical media / product design. Heard loads of great things about The House On Tombstone Hill, really excited to check that out.

I really like the slipcases on the Carpenter discs. It's not often i like newly commissioned artworks but i love these.

I watched the restored Fog dvd myself the other night. There's a big difference between dvd versions in terms of picture quality so hopefully the blu's sparkle.

BAKA 7th December 2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 593855)
I really like the slipcases on the Carpenter discs. It's not often i like newly commissioned artworks but i love these.

I watched the restored Fog dvd myself the other night. There's a big difference between dvd versions in terms of picture quality so hopefully the blu's sparkle.

Yeah, I agree. Really like the artwork on the Studio Canal Carpenter discs. I'm guessing they've done very well for Studio Canal, as they already seem to be filtering out without slips. Hopefully we see more in that vein from SC, they're sitting on a bunch of great genre films.

trebor8273 7th December 2018 03:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Arrived today.

platostotal 7th December 2018 05:12 PM

6 Attachment(s)
A mixed bag for the weekend, Blade Runner was from my mate who scratched my BD beyond repair by dropping his BD player while trying to open the stuck drawer so he got me a new one from HMV (all sorted) the Sicario double BD was £4.99 from Oxfam and the Willis BD was in a 2 for £1 deal with the Oldboy DVD and the Carlin DVD was only 50p. Weekend sorted.

SymbioticFunction 8th December 2018 12:59 AM

Ordered Criterion UK's 25 film Zatoichi blu-ray set from Amazon UK as it's currently mispriced at 21.93 pounds only. I hope Amazon honor that misprice and send it to me! Weirdly delivery is stated as 1-2 months but at that price, I can happily wait.

nosferatu42 8th December 2018 02:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This weeks charity shop pick ups.:santanukem:

Attachment 211058 Attachment 211059

Attachment 211060 Attachment 211061

Attachment 211057

gag 8th December 2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 593877)
Ordered Criterion UK's 25 film Zatoichi blu-ray set from Amazon UK as it's currently mispriced at 21.93 pounds only. I hope Amazon honor that misprice and send it to me! Weirdly delivery is stated as 1-2 months but at that price, I can happily wait.

Thanks as soon as I read it I went over and checked and bought it , at that price how can you say no .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...oichi+blu-ray+

After Xmas I might concentrate on the TV series if anyone knows where I can buy it at a reasonable price .

trebor8273 8th December 2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 593877)

Cheers ordered.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2018 04:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Recent arrivals.

Justin101 8th December 2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 593900)
Recent arrivals.

Was Deep Space Nine a bargain and is it still available? :elfsnow: