Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th October 2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 613174)
Is it wrong to buy a film i already have in the case of Night of the Demon just for a 24 page booklet?

I'm justifying it by saying it was only three quid.

I suppose it depends on whether the booklet is any good!

gag 13th October 2019 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not seen either.

MrBarlow 14th October 2019 02:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this on order from Classicfilms

MrBarlow 14th October 2019 11:58 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Shopping Spree at HMV...
See that I'm a poet and didn't know it:pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2019 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just arrived from HMV.

I cannot wait for Saturday night. :woot:

Rik 14th October 2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 613264)
Just arrived from HMV.

I cannot wait for Saturday night. :woot:

I watched it last night, loved it but The Devils Rejects is still my favourite of the trilogy :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2019 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 613268)
I watched it last night, loved it but The Devils Rejects is still my favourite of the trilogy :nod:

I might go into town to buy 3 From Hell at some point tomorrow. I don't own House of 1000 Corpses which shamefully hasn't had a Blu-ray release in the UK and it's been a long time since I've seen The Devil's Rejects, so it might be a case of importing the first one and setting some time aside to watch all three in one sitting.

I received the latest 101 Films Black Label release, Skinner, a film I haven't seen and which was a blind buy.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...1&d=1571061390

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 613269)
I might go into town to buy 3 From Hell at some point tomorrow. I don't own House of 1000 Corpses which shamefully hasn't had a Blu-ray release in the UK and it's been a long time since I've seen The Devil's Rejects, so it might be a case of importing the first one and setting some time aside to watch all three in one sitting.

The thing with House of 1000 Corpses is it's supposed to look like a scuzzy, beat up movie. Rob Zombie uses so many different types of film stock - some are grainy as hell - and achieves the grindhouse look that Tarantino and Rodriguez would have killed for with Planet Terror and Death Proof.

I think what i'm trying to say is that House of 1000 Corpses really doesn't need to be seen in hi-def.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 613278)
The thing with House of 1000 Corpses is it's supposed to look like a scuzzy, beat up movie. Rob Zombie uses so many different types of film stock - some are grainy as hell - and achieves the grindhouse look that Tarantino and Rodriguez would have killed for with Planet Terror and Death Proof.

I think what i'm trying to say is that House of 1000 Corpses really doesn't need to be seen in hi-def.

That's a good point. However, I've read reviews which say the high definition release benefits from more vivid colours and better saturation levels, plus there are a couple of sequences where the 7.1 soundtrack makes the experience much more immersive.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 613280)
That's a good point. However, I've read reviews which say the high definition release benefits from more vivid colours and better saturation levels, plus there are a couple of sequences where the 7.1 soundtrack makes the experience much more immersive.

I only have a 5.1 sound system so that wouldn't affect me. :lol: