Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 8th July 2011 01:28 PM

I'd like to thank Stephen for inadvertently making me aware of FULL MOON FEATURES!...I've just ordered their blu of PUPPET MASTER and am looking forward to their SUBSPECIES release too on the 25th!!

http://i43.tower.com/images/mm115889...-cover-art.jpg

Baseball Fury 8th July 2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 164404)

What other Troma stuff is available on blu?:clap:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th July 2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 164449)
What other Troma stuff is available on blu?:clap:

Dark Nature
Mother's Day (Due September)
Poultrygeist
Surf Nazis Must Die (supposedly coming soon)
Tromeo & Juliet

Baseball Fury 8th July 2011 05:48 PM

Just got home to find that my copy of Obsession had indeed arrived. This is one hardcore package! The booklet is brilliant, really well produced. Can't comment on the on-disc content as I haven't fired it up, but the package is brilliant.

:clap::clap::clap:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th July 2011 05:51 PM

I've just watched the BD of Martyrs -- a brilliant movie that seems to improve with every viewing and have just started watching The Hills Have Eyes remake. I saw it ages ago so wonder how it will stand up to another viewing.

nekromantik 8th July 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 164482)
I've just watched the BD of Martyrs -- a brilliant movie that seems to improve with every viewing and have just started watching The Hills Have Eyes remake. I saw it ages ago so wonder how it will stand up to another viewing.

Hills remake is my fav remake ever!
Its brutal and knows it!
Shame Aja gone a bit hollywood with Piranha and the likes.
He needs to go back to High Tension and Hills days!

EDIT
Just pre-ordered Attack The Block Play.com exclusive "glow in the dark" sleeve :)
and got Obsession Arrow blu

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th July 2011 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered this!

PaulRobinson 9th July 2011 06:53 AM

Reaps, that Goonies boxset is awesome, easily my best purchase this year!

keirarts 9th July 2011 07:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just watched ironclad and essential killing.

Attachment 15153 Attachment 15154

Ironclad is the first 'historical' movie I've enjoyed in ages. Mainly because its very, very, very violent. People get cut in two, one fella gets beaten to death with a severed arm and theres on execution scene that gives cannibal ferox a run for its money. Its basically one long ultra violent medievil siege movie with lots of shouty men hitting things.

in other words...fun.

Essential killing is a chase movie where the guy being chased is taliban, the chasers are the americans. He's escaping extraordinary rendition in some icy winterland and must make his way cross country. After the opening there is no dialouge, the film is virtually silent and gets very strange as the main charcter becomes exhausted and starving. Very 'arty' I enjoyed the hell out of it, its only a tenner though there are few extras.

Both are out monday, but the privelidge of working in a shop that stocks this stuff is I get to watch it early. :rockon:

Tonight I watch battle la, then i'm going to give a frwench film called ressonances a go.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th July 2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 164570)
Just ordered this!

I received mine the other day Reaps - a fantastic set. :nod:

I was undecided what to watch today, then Alien 2: On Earth dropped through my letter box and made the decision for me. :D