Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 22nd January 2012 03:42 PM

no customs charges, but I ordered from axel and i've never had any issues with them, as for photo's, tragically my pc/net is still down so i'm still stuck using my mums pc...:mmph:

heres the amazon link for it, Fernando Di Leo's Crime Collection Blu-ray 1972 US Import: Amazon.co.uk: Fernando Di Leo: Film & TV

It comes in a dinky little slipcase with four slimpack cases and a book. Nicest touch is it has 2 solid, thick pieces of card at either end inside to prevent the slipcase buckling.

BAKA 22nd January 2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 210838)
Today's post brought....

Your House has arrived and mine has yet to ship. Starting to regret going for the cheap option.

Scyther 22nd January 2012 04:08 PM

Snowed in here, so went ballistic on Amazon, ordering 'Nightmare in a Damaged Brain,' 'Cut Throats 9' 'Smiling Maniacs,' 'Seven Crimes of the Black Cat' and a few more. :pop2:

antmumford 22nd January 2012 05:14 PM

Traded some unwatched DVD's in CEX and in exchange I got The Italian Job (original) and Black Hawk Down with £18 still left to spend as and when I find something worth getting.

I had to get something to cheer me up after locking myself out the flat today, costing me £120 to get a Locksmith out to let me back in (which took him 3 seconds to do) :doh:

Legend 22nd January 2012 05:55 PM

Wish I had a local CEX. All of my DVDs would be gone. As for what I've bought recently, it's far, far too much. I'm sure nobody would be interested in the lot. When I see a good price, I just can't help myself. It has been a really expensive month.

James Morton 22nd January 2012 06:27 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN/BOUGHT ON BLU-RAY RECENTLY and CAN YOU RECOMMEND IT?

i have no trouble selling my dvds/bds when the time is right
get good money compared to others
no way would i sell to cex

Legend 22nd January 2012 06:36 PM

I have nobody to sell to, and the inconvenience of selling on ebay, finding packaging and going to the post office really outweighs the £4 minus postage I might get per disc. Perhaps it's just me being lazy. Actually, it no doubt it. Cex is the sort of thing I need, a nice hassle free way to relieve myself of every single one at once.

I don't have original cases for most now though, the DVDs are packed away in smaller cases so BDs get pride of place. The rate at which I'm buying them, they need it. When my month's orders arrive, I think I'm all out of space, which means yet another clearout.

Refused 22nd January 2012 06:41 PM

There's always places like musicmagpie to sell CDs/DVDs to. Just put them all in a box and a courier comes to collect them. You get pretty awful prices for everything, but no worse than CEX.

James Morton 22nd January 2012 06:46 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN/BOUGHT ON BLU-RAY RECENTLY and CAN YOU RECOMMEND IT?

i didn't necessarily mean ebay
i sell a lot of my stuff to filmvault
give them all details, what region, ltd ed, extras (mention a particular dvd and you will get more)
e.g.
i bought R1 AUDITION for £7 (i always buy new) and got £11 from them
bought the R1 INTRUDER on the Wizard label and got £10 when i paid £8
all in a box, freepost and someone comes to collect

Gojirosan 22nd January 2012 09:24 PM

Watching the Criterion BD of Godzilla: based on knowledge of the BFI DVD, the BFI/Guardian single layer giveaway DVD and the Channel 4 screenings of the 90s, the print is in much better shape (though still of its era), contrast is better than I thought possible and detail is hugely improved, you can see what is going on in the dark scenes/ Excellent picture quality. I doubt it has looked this good since 1954.

The audio though - wow. I have never seen this film with such little soundtrack hiss and such detail and intelligibility. It's not perfect, but it is superb. The sound is really streets ahead of all previous releases.

It's a superb Blu-ray and I recommend you buy it if you have any interest and region A playback.