Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st January 2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 210755)
I watched it the other night with the Mrs (we're both big F1 fans), and it is indeed an incredible documentary.

I found it to be immensely powerful and my brother said it's the closest he's come to crying in the cinema.

I, along with plenty of other people, can't understand how Senna didn't make the long list for the Best Documentary Oscar.

antmumford 21st January 2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 210849)
I found it to be immensely powerful and my brother said it's the closest he's come to crying in the cinema.

I, along with plenty of other people, can't understand how Senna didn't make the long list for the Best Documentary Oscar.

At least the BAFTA's took notice, stupid Americans (no one take offense please)

Paul@TheOverlook 21st January 2012 05:20 PM

Wouldn't it qualify for this year's Oscars though? Has it even had a release in the US yet? I know it was shown in Sundance but can't remember if it went on general release over there.

bdc 21st January 2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 210745)
Today is my birthday and ordered Two-Lane Blacktop steelbook:)

Happy b-day! :party:

Slippery Jack 21st January 2012 08:13 PM

Me and Orson Welles for a quid in Tesco - me in the queue, clutching the dvd as to hide the beaming face of Zac Efron on the cover :blush: . . .

ReturnToZero 21st January 2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 210806)
and the AWE release of Blastfighter. Some unconfirmed reports say that this edition of Blastfighter is missing about 12secs of footage.

I have the swedish Njutafilms release which states Not Rated on the back and thats the same release as AWE. However, the UK release seem to be missing 12 seconds.

sawyer6 21st January 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 210894)
Happy b-day! :party:

Thank you :dance:

keirarts 22nd January 2012 10:55 AM

my FERNANDO DI LEO crime collection on blu-ray turned up yesterday. Its region free and SUPURB quality. Another one to add next to Alien 2 and redemptions rollin movies as textbook examples of how cult movies should be presented on blu-ray. Definately worth ordering. :)

djvaso 22nd January 2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 210965)
my FERNANDO DI LEO crime collection on blu-ray turned up yesterday. Its region free and SUPURB quality. Another one to add next to Alien 2 and redemptions rollin movies as textbook examples of how cult movies should be presented on blu-ray. Definately worth ordering. :)

Could you post picture(s) of packaging? Thanks in advance.

Daemonia 22nd January 2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 210965)

Did you get stung for additional customs charges, Kie?