Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th December 2011 11:06 AM

You're right, Bruno did. So much for Zen meditation!

Daemonia 11th December 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 202062)
Received...never seen it so I hope it's at least half decent... ;)

Lamb in Despair, A (1999) (Universe)

http://dv1.us/p1/950/018950-d0.jpg

Listen out for a thoroughly inappropriate (and probably completely unauthorised) use of Goblin's Dawn of the Dead theme. It's a bonkers film and quite unpleasant at times - you'll love it. :lol:

Daemonia 11th December 2011 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 202857)
My real head is somewhere underneath too,its a mask based on bald headed plaid wearing zombie from DOTD

Your real head is a mask based on a bald headed zombie? How did that happen?

Oh...hang on....

You look more like Boris Karloff to me. I bet people tell you that the time, huh?

Daemonia 11th December 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 202244)
I've never heard of True Romance before

Surely you jest? If you seriously haven't seen this, you need to rectify that immediately. It's amazing and one of my all-time favourite films. You don't know what you're missing - so I expect to see it in your next haul. ;) You really need to see this film, Prince!

antmumford 11th December 2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 203038)
Surely you jest? If you seriously haven't seen this, you need to rectify that immediately. It's amazing and one of my all-time favourite films. You don't know what you're missing - so I expect to see it in your next haul. ;) You really need to see this film, Prince!

Totally agree

I naughtily spent some money yesterday when I shouldn't have and bought Robocop and Mimic on Blu-ray. Tut tut Anthony tut tut

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

bdc 11th December 2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 203023)
If i remember correctly you said you wouldn't buy more DVD's this year but still you manage to pick up this crappy film only for the commentary? That's insane. You need help.

:lol:

I purchased those (cheap used) in November (UK seller)...and I personally like The Sentinel. :)
There are some more November orders that haven't arrived yet btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 203030)
You're right, Bruno did. So much for Zen meditation!

I haven't purchased anything in December yet,just arranged one payment for a November deal.
My Zen powers are not to be underestimated. :lol: ;)

dream demon 11th December 2011 03:48 PM

http://dv1.us/p1/211/074211-d0.jpg

I have the big box VHS of Jennifer. I saw this when I was a kid back in the '80s, but could never remember what it was until I saw the VHS listed on eBay. I'm guessing the 23rd Century is a VHS rip? Cool cover, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 202961)
Nice deal on those Cold Prey films. Is the third one out there? I read it's not as good as the others, but I would still like to own it. We still haven't got a release of the second one here, I had to import it. I play them at work all the time for customers and most dig them and ask me where to get em.

I thought the Cold Prey films were great, especially watching them back-to-back as I did. I had no idea there was a third one. Will have to check that one out. :)

*Edit* It appears Cold Prey 3 is only available in Germany and is not English friendly. :(

bdc 11th December 2011 04:15 PM

Cold Prey 3 is also available over here (Holland/Belgium) and in France/Scandinavia but none of those releases are English friendly I think.

Handyman Joe 11th December 2011 04:29 PM

Managed to build up 50 quid in PayPal after an ebay selling splurge, got a bit drunk on Saturday night and blew the lot on 2 Criterion blu rays - Night of the Hunter and Seven Samurai. I don't even have a region free blu ray player at the moment so they'll sit gathering dust for about 6 months. Doh!

Daemonia 11th December 2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 203079)
Managed to build up 50 quid in PayPal after an ebay selling splurge, got a bit drunk on Saturday night and blew the lot on 2 Criterion blu rays - Night of the Hunter and Seven Samurai. I don't even have a region free blu ray player at the moment so they'll sit gathering dust for about 6 months. Doh!

Oh the perils of being drunk and in charge of an internet enabled PC. It's more common than you think. I've often awoken on a Saturday morning to discover I've ordered films....but I figure, 'What the hell, it's ordered now.' I then brace myself for the wrath of the significant other (or keep quiet and hope she doesn't notice). :lol: