Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:04 PM

Does anyone know if The Black Cat from Shameless is worth a buy? Silly question I know! I had the VTC VHS release years ago and thought it was a tad slow and tame .. have I missed something??

;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75894)
When I saw Phantom Of Death on VHS in the 80s I thought it was OK ... nothing more ... but then stumbled upon Shameless and saw the trailer and couldnt believe how much was cut from the original release. So I went out and bought the Shameless release and was really pleased!! I nice, if slow movie.

:cool:

And for some unknown reason,I really like trhe cover of the Shameless dvd.It's not the best artwork but me likey :)

oaxaca 23rd April 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75895)
Does anyone know if The Black Cat from Shameless is worth a buy? Silly question I know! I had the VTC VHS release years ago and thought it was a tad slow and tame .. have I missed something??

;)

Well, its a fairly slow paced film, and not a very gory one by Fulci's standards as you probably remember. Its a decent enough film, probably worth giving another watch, you can pick the shameless dvd up pretty cheap now.

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75897)
And for some unknown reason,I really like trhe cover of the Shameless dvd.It's not the best artwork but me likey :)

I love the write ups .. they are hysterical sometimes!!! Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie, but it is a Fulci one about a kid with an amulet and the write-up on the back of that was soooo funny! Not even Shameless knew what the hell it was about and admitted it!!! Fantastic!!!!

Oh and who can ignore the sub-headings "The Gritter from the shitter!", "Whore aboard!", "Where fuzz gets buzzed!"

:dance:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75899)
I love the write ups .. they are hysterical sometimes!!! Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie, but it is a Fulci one about a kid with an amulet and the write-up on the back of that was soooo funny! Not even Shameless knew what the hell it was about and admitted it!!! Fantastic!!!

That would be Manhattan Baby.Another early Shameless cover I like a lot.

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75902)
That would be Manhattan Baby.Another early Shameless cover I like a lot.

Thats the one ... I remember it on the old EV VHS .... as The Possessed I reckon ...

It was daft then ... oh and poor :eek:

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:52 PM

Just noticed Optimum are releasing Lizard In A Women's Skin on 7th June .... with ..... a 15 cert!!

How times change!

Tagney 23rd April 2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75899)
Oh and who can ignore the sub-headings "The Gritter from the shitter!", "Whore aboard!", "Where fuzz gets buzzed!"

:dance:

I don't know who is the creator of these sub-headings, but that guy is a genius :D

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagney (Post 75906)
I don't know who is the creator of these sub-headings, but that guy is a genius :D

My mate and me go into HMV at lunch and I show em to him, they have him in hysterics!!! I reckon I am converting him :happy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 11:44 PM

28 WEEKS LATER tonight.Looked and sounded great.
A very underrated sequel.:nod: