Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 221577)
Arrived today....

Which release is that? I've been looking to upgrade from DVD for a while and that looks like the best release to buy.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 221544)
Saw Eureka's brillo looking steely's for A Touch of Evil and Two Lane Black Top.
Love the first film so will pick that up when i'm a bit less skinters but am unfamilier with the second one.
Is it any good?

I imagine Two-Lane Blacktop is a film which will divide opinion, hence why it is a 'cult movie'. I think it's excellent and own the Criterion Collection DVD and the Eureka BD.

If you rent films, it's definitely worth a 'try before you buy' watch.

Hawkmonger 3rd March 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 221648)
I imagine Two-Lane Blacktop is a film which will divide opinion, hence why it is a 'cult movie'. I think it's excellent and own the Criterion Collection DVD and the Eureka BD.

I'll tap it on my LoveFilm back catalogue. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 221648)

Two-Lane Blacktop was good.....up until the final scene!

Hawkmonger 3rd March 2012 07:48 PM

Dare I ask? :nod: :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 221650)
Two-Lane Blacktop was good.....up until the final scene!

I think that scene is a perfect way to finish the movie.

Saying what it is and what happens wouldn't exactly ruin the film for you, Hawkmonger, but it's probably better to watch the film knowing as little as possible!

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 221639)
Which release is that? I've been looking to upgrade from DVD for a while and that looks like the best release to buy.

Looks like the Canadian edition Nos.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 221657)
Looks like the Canadian edition Nos.

Thanks for the clarification - I'll have a look on Amazon.ca and other retailers for the best price.

Beyond72 3rd March 2012 08:35 PM

I enjoyed V - The Final Battle so much, I immediately searched for the first mini series on disc, and saw my local CEX had it for a pound!

:whoo:

:blush:

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 221674)
I enjoyed V - The Final Battle so much, I admittedly searched for the first mini series on disc, and saw my local CEX had it for a pound!

:dance:

Need to re-buy these (don't ask). One of my favourite childhood programs. You actually seen the original mini-series? Or did you actually watch The Final Battle first?