Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 3rd July 2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 409588)
Missed no boats. Diabolik will have it back up when the server is running at full capacity again.

phew! :happy:

nosferatu42 3rd July 2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 409607)
Get off it already... talk about obsession. Hitchcock could have made a film about it.;)
Only joking, glad u got what u was after man.:nod:

Or maybe not .
Some people are never satisfied;).
Just be glad u got decent release of a favourite film, that normally works for me.:nod:

ReversedBible 3rd July 2014 11:05 PM

Ordered two Shameless films.

Flavia The Heretic and Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh.

nosferatu42 3rd July 2014 11:17 PM

Keep meaning to pick up Strange Vice i've heard it's one of the best Giallo's let us know what u think. Saw the old Redemption version of Flavia but i heard it was cut to F**k. Be interested to know your opinion.:nod:

ReversedBible 3rd July 2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 409614)
Keep meaning to pick up Strange Vice i've heard it's one of the best Giallo's let us know what u think. Saw the old Redemption version of Flavia but i heard it was cut to F**k. Be interested to know your opinion.:nod:

Yes, I've also only heard good things about Strange Vice. I haven't really heard anything about Flavia though, so it will be interesting to see that one. I'll definately write about them in the what have you seen-thread. :nod:

nosferatu42 3rd July 2014 11:24 PM

I remember Flavia being quite arty and well shot, but seemed kinda castrated. Would be interested to see the full film sometime but it's not a priority, take from that what you will.:pop2:

SCM 4th July 2014 08:10 AM

This week i bought: sightseers, squirm, re-animator, french connection, bloodsucking freaks and a better tomorrow

Buboven 4th July 2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 409614)

Strange Vice is my fav giallo.

PaulD 4th July 2014 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Limiting myself to one bluray per month now as filmmaking/starting a video production company takes up so much time and money. This is July's treat

Gold6082 4th July 2014 10:27 AM

This weeks arrivals

Arrow

Dr Phibes Set
The Fury
Maniac Cop Steelbook

Final Terror & Deadly Eyes (Scream Factory)

Bloody Birthday (88 Films).

Latest Pre-orders

Nightbreed (Limited Ed) scream Factory
Zavvi Steels of City,Day & Phenomena (Arrow)
Graduation Day (88 films)

demonknight 4th July 2014 11:43 AM

One package from the courier this morning. The Ruins - Unrated Cut on Blu :) Very fast service I might add. Shipped from the US only two days ago.

ReversedBible 4th July 2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 409617)
I remember Flavia being quite arty and well shot, but seemed kinda castrated. Would be interested to see the full film sometime but it's not a priority, take from that what you will.:pop2:

Turns out it was sold out from the place I ordered even though it said otherwise. :( At least I'm getting Strange Vice.

Rik 4th July 2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReversedBible (Post 409664)
Turns out it was sold out from the place I ordered even though it said otherwise. :( At least I'm getting Strange Vice.

Saved yourself a snooze then, bored me to tears on the three occasions I've attempted watching it :lol:

g053584398 4th July 2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 406210)
Bargain of the week.

£3.51 off zoverstocks on marketplace! (INCLUDING shipping!)

Attachment 137209

Now that is a sweet deal! I just wish more Teruo Ishii films had been made available with English subtitles.

Bringer Of Funerals 4th July 2014 04:38 PM

Still no Stevie Seagal box set through the post :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th July 2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 409646)
One package from the courier this morning. The Ruins - Unrated Cut on Blu :) Very fast service I might add. Shipped from the US only two days ago.

Where from?

Bringer Of Funerals 4th July 2014 04:53 PM

Turns out Marvellio UK who I ordered from is an American firm, so everything is coming from USA, they should rename to Marvellio USA

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th July 2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 409683)
Turns out Marvellio UK who I ordered from is an American firm, so everything is coming from USA, they should rename to Marvellio USA

Sounds like it!

Got these 2 in Cash Generator. £1 for both.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/05/3y6uvuva.jpg

g053584398 4th July 2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 408724)
I've been after this for ages:

A good giallo, and I seem to recall the image quality being extremely good as well. If only those transfers had been progressive though.

sjconstable 4th July 2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 409689)
A good giallo, and I seem to recall the image quality being extremely good as well. If only those transfers had been progressive though.

Yeah it is, and somehow every time I watch it it manages to catch me off guard with exactly what is going on/who the bad guy is haha!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th July 2014 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 409684)
Sounds like it!

Got these 2 in Cash Generator. £1 for both.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/05/3y6uvuva.jpg

Two enjoyable films.

Your copy of The Real McCoy has a better front artwork than mine.

Dave Boy 4th July 2014 07:46 PM

Grindhouse CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST blu ray was waiting for me when I got home from work. Playing the soundtrack now as I type this....:cool:

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th July 2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 409716)
Two enjoyable films.

Your copy of The Real McCoy has a better front artwork than mine.

Yep! I waa surprised to find a region 1 disc there. Apparently not uncommon though.

trebor8273 4th July 2014 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
to my great surprise this turned up today!

monkeypedro 4th July 2014 10:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my hands on the new Video Nasties part 2 dvd set at the Screening at the Prince Charles cinema last night and it is just awesome and definitely a must buy for all horror fans.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th July 2014 12:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This week's new arrivals.

demonknight 5th July 2014 03:20 PM

Picked up Texas Chainsaw Blu, Invasion of the Body Snatchers Blu, Dracula with Bela Lugosi on DVD and 13 Sins also on DVD. The local HMV store has just re-opened and I decided to have a look. Glad I did :)

demonknight 5th July 2014 04:09 PM

Also picked up a CD by the band 'Carcass' called 'Surgical Steel'.

gag 5th July 2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 409768)
Picked up Texas Chainsaw Blu, Invasion of the Body Snatchers Blu, Dracula with Bela Lugosi on DVD and 13 Sins also on DVD. The local HMV store has just re-opened and I decided to have a look. Glad I did :)

13 sins is a remake of 13 game of death and it not to bad a pretty ok remake.

keirarts 5th July 2014 05:46 PM

Found a double bill of thor and thor the dark world on DVD in cash gen for 1.99.

Traded it in for a tenner at CEX and picked up the first volume of Cowboy beebop on Blu-ray.

trebor8273 5th July 2014 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got this of a friend who received it today and didn't like it, no loss then if i don't like it as well. anyone seen it, might watch it later tonight or tomorrow.

edit

forgot to post nemesis blu ray set which turned up today

nosferatu42 5th July 2014 09:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two new additions this week.

Attachment 138926 £5

Received this the other day from Bedorca, price included postage which i thought was really good. First time i've bought something from cult lab traders and won't be the last, arrived really quickly too.:)

Attachment 138927 £2 charity shop.

Love The Dark Crystal, still find the creature designs amazing now. Just watching one of the featurettes now,a making of that's about an hour long.:woot:

trebor8273 6th July 2014 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up today for £1. Actually never seen it before so tonight will be my first viewing.

monkeypedro 6th July 2014 06:55 PM

12 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries and purchases.

BAKA 7th July 2014 12:43 PM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5959ac03.jpg

One last week, one this week. This is the curse of the B&N sale month! I'm not able to spend much on anything else and it appears like a quiet period until the package of Criterion goodies arrives from B&N. What a good couple of weeks though. Been looking forward to the Alain Robbe-Grillet set, despite only being aware of him as the writer of Last Year At Marienbad (which I adored). It's nice to finally get my hands on the seemingly perpetually delayed BD release of The Killer Reserved Nine Seats from Camera Obscura. Only my third Camera Obscura release, but I think the one I've been looking forward to the most. It sounds very much like Stage Fright from Michele Soavi, which is right up my alley.

Nordicdusk 7th July 2014 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 139061

I know Prince of Darkness is on it's way on Blu Ray but I can't resist for €1.

dynel 7th July 2014 01:19 PM

I've seen some awesome purchases here the last week, and wanted to ask you all something: Do you immediately take off the plastic wrap after purchase/arrival, or do you guys only remove it until the viewing? Just to keep it fresh.

I've seen some shelves (especially the nice gallery BAKA has) where all movies still seem to be wrapped. So I was just curious.

Demoncrat 7th July 2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 409785)
got this of a friend who received it today and didn't like it, no loss then if i don't like it as well. anyone seen it, might watch it later tonight or tomorrow.

edit

forgot to post nemesis blu ray set which turned up today

I loved it (TGBH). Charming film.

Four Of The Apocalpyse & Hitchhike (BU dvds) (from bedorca)
The Hot Rod (Paramount UK dvd)
Simpsons Series 4 (Fox UK dvd)
Dead Snow (EOne UK dvd)
Remo Williams (MGM UK dvd)

Nordicdusk 7th July 2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynel (Post 409903)
I've seen some awesome purchases here the last week, and wanted to ask you all something: Do you immediately take off the plastic wrap after purchase/arrival, or do you guys only remove it until the viewing? Just to keep it fresh.

I've seen some shelves (especially the nice gallery BAKA has) where all movies still seem to be wrapped. So I was just curious.

I take off the plastic as soon as I get them I love to see if the disc has art and the smell of new :lol:

dynel 7th July 2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 409907)
I take off the plastic as soon as I get them I love to see if the disc has art and the smell of new :lol:

:lol: It's the smell of fresh discs & booklets that gets me up in the morning