Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 12th September 2011 04:36 PM

Strange thing happened today when I got in. My wife greeted me with "The postman didn't bring you any DVDs today, how come?"

Violence is Italian Art

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 180526)
Who took the plunge this morning and bought the new star wars blu boxset? Any first impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ME!

Can't wait to go on a Star Wars odyssey now!

Also picked up INSIDIOUS as well.:nod:

Rik 12th September 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 180598)
ME!

Can't wait to go on a Star Wars odyssey now!

Also picked up INSIDIOUS as well.:nod:

I bet they look awesome in HD, shame George Lucas doesn't listen to his fans and release the originals that we all grew up with in their original format.

Violence is Italian Art

sawyer6 12th September 2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 180607)
I bet they look awesome in HD, shame George Lucas doesn't listen to his fans and release the originals that we all grew up with in their original format.

Violence is Italian Art

Wait for another boxset with the originals coming in the near future :nod:

napalm-in-the-morning 12th September 2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 180609)
Wait for another boxset with the originals coming in the near future :nod:

I agree. Lots of people apparently boycotting the new blu set and hoping for an original re-issue. Going to be along wait. I have been surprised by the angry reaction the new set has stirred up.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 180526)
Who took the plunge this morning and bought the new star wars blu boxset? Any first impressions?

As Withnail would say, Lucas can stick his blu-rays up his arse for free, and f*** off while he's doing it! (and this is from a fan). :lol:

Rik 12th September 2011 05:14 PM

Can't believe the sheer cheek of some people on ebay!
star wars - the complete saga blu ray 9 disc set ltd edition sentotype | eBay
More than double the retail price!

Baseball Fury 12th September 2011 05:58 PM

Let's be fair, he DID release the original untouched ones. granted they're not on BD, but everyone seems to forget that they're out there. and so what if they're not HD, they weren't when you watched them as a kid either!

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 180624)
Let's be fair, he DID release the original untouched ones. granted they're not on BD, but everyone seems to forget that they're out there. and so what if they're not HD, they weren't when you watched them as a kid either!

They aren't even anamorphic! It just shows the disdain the man has for the original versions. He'll never get another penny from me for these films.

Rik 12th September 2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 180624)

Fair point :lol: