Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

MacBlayne 1st December 2015 10:14 PM

So, are we opting for killer animals or incest? Or films that combine the two?

As far as incest goes, Visitor Q gets my vote as it opens with the ultimate father's day gift. :eyebrows:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st December 2015 10:25 PM

Interesting idea for a topic - I have to admit struggling a little with the incest idea for a while though... I had to pull out my friend from Norfolk's home videos to get some 'inspiration'.

Can animals include werewolves or is that cheating? ;)

MacBlayne 1st December 2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469669)
Interesting idea for a topic - I have to admit struggling a little with the incest idea for a while though... I had to pull out my friend from Norfolk's home videos to get some 'inspiration'.

Can animals include werewolves or is that cheating? ;)

Ooh, I'll be Howling 2 if that gets allowed.

Nordicdusk 1st December 2015 10:30 PM

Werewolves will be topic on its own sorry.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st December 2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 469672)
Werewolves will be topic on its own sorry.

I thought I was pushing my luck a little but you can't blame a guy for trying! ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st December 2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469673)
I thought I was pushing my luck a little but you can't blame a guy for trying! ;)

Wonder if that will include incest with werewolves?

Nordicdusk 1st December 2015 11:27 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Heres my top ten well i have had a little longer to think about it so here we go

10 Attachment 172751

There is a hell of a lot of fun to be had here watching giant ants picking off an unsuspecting group of tourists.

9 Attachment 172752

I remember seeing this as a kid and i was terrified of rabbits for years after it :lol:

8 Attachment 172753

Giant rats giant chickens giant wasps bad effects and bad acting sounds like fun times to me. This is one that always as me in stitches when ever i watch it.

7 Attachment 172754

Pretty intense film showing that your not even safe from your most loyal companion.

6 Attachment 172755

I love the story a pet alligator gets flushed into the sewers and after eating some lab rats that were injected with growth hormones he grows into a giant and goes on a rampage around the city. Nothing else needs to be said.

5 Attachment 172756

This is a bloody awesome film and its shot so beautifully. Very action packed and very underrated.

4 Attachment 172757

Jaws ruled the ocean and not to be upstaged the Piranha took over the rivers and dined at their favourite holiday resort :lol:

3 Attachment 172758

Fantastic effects and some great gore and a lot of fun. The cat scene is still hard to watch.

2 Attachment 172759

Again i first saw this when i was a kid and it terrified me every time i left the house i could see birds watching me sitting on the wall across from my house waiting for me sneering at me :lol: Its a classic what else can be said.

1 Attachment 172760

Is this even a surprise Jaws is one of my all time favourite films so it was always going to be top of the list. Jaws is just amazing so many stand out scenes and so much stand out dialogue and its still scary all these years later and any time you go near or in the sea Jaws is the first thing that pops into your head. Not many films throughout history have gotten so deep into the subconscious of the masses.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 06:24 AM

Some fantastic choices there Nordy.

I've never seen The Nest so will have to add it to my watch-list.

Nordicdusk 2nd December 2015 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469683)
Some fantastic choices there Nordy.

I've never seen The Nest so will have to add it to my watch-list.

Thank you :)

There is a great Blu Ray from Scream Factory of The Nest.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 10:56 AM

Obviously Jaws is the greatest killer animal movie ever, but here is a list of ten other animal features that i love which haven't been mentioned yet.

1 - King Kong (1933)
2 - The Leopard Man (1943)
3 - Wolfen (1981)
4 - Lake Placid (1999)
5 - Pig Hunt (2008)
6 - Burning Bright (2007)
7 - Slugs (1988)
8 - 2 Headed Shark Attack (2012)
9 - Black Sheep (2007)
10 - Crocodile (2000)

Honorable mentions to -

Link (1986)