Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 11:09 AM

There are so many killer animal movies i could have done a top 50.

Perhaps the fish should have been a separate list from the animals.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469701)
Obviously Jaws is the greatest killer animal movie ever, but here is a list of ten other animal features that i love which haven't been mentioned yet.

1 - King Kong (1933)
2 - The Leopard Man (1943)
3 - Wolfen (1981)
4 - Lake Placid (1999)
5 - Pig Hunt (2008)
6 - Burning Bright (2007)
7 - Slugs (1988)
8 - 2 Headed Shark Attack (2012)
9 - Black Sheep (2007)
10 - Crocodile (2000)

Honorable mentions to -

Link (1986)
Piranha 3DD (2012)
Deep Blue Sea (1999)
The Devil Bat (1940)

I was just working on my list (a lot more difficult than I first thought!) and the 1933 version of King Kong sits at the top of mine too.:nod:

Demoncrat 2nd December 2015 11:21 AM

I have never been related to any insects. So I can shag them when I like.

Se also Empire Of The Ants haha ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 469703)
I was just working on my list (a lot more difficult than I first thought!) and the 1933 version of King Kong sits at the top of mine too.:nod:

I was thinking of putting Rats Night of Terror on my list but felt it was going a bit too far. :happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 11:32 AM

Here's mine...

1. King Kong (1933)
2. Jaws (1975)
3. The Birds (1963)
4. Q: The Winged Serpent (1982)
5. Grizzly (1976)
6. Long Weekend (1978)
7. Squirm (1976)
8. Day of the Animals (1977)
9. Slugs (1988)
10. The Devil Bat (1940)

Nordicdusk 2nd December 2015 11:47 AM

Great lists Dem and B_E I have never seen Slugs because I mentioned this before I have a phobia of slugs they turn my stomach. If I saw a slug near someone's mouth I'd be finished :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469701)
6 - Burning Bright (2007)

I'm going to give this film a plug.

A girl and her autistic brother are trapped inside a flashy modern house in lock down mode due to a hurricane. The snag is they are trapped inside with a tiger.

This isn't a SyFy Channel original which is CGI'd to death. Burning Bright is a proper film and uses a real Bengal tiger.

Due to this it's all a lot more realistic and there's a genuine sense of menace involved. Burning Bright doesn't attempt to do anything clever, it's a straightforward film with a simple plot and good characterization.

Recommended. (However don't expect a tiger that fights giant robots or large gorillas - it's a real tiger remember).

Nordicdusk 2nd December 2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 469708)
I'm going to give this film a plug.

A girl and her autistic brother are trapped inside a flashy modern house in lock down mode due to a hurricane. The snag is they are trapped inside with a tiger.

This isn't a SyFy Channel original which is CGI'd to death. Burning Bright is a proper film and uses a real Bengal tiger.

Due to this it's all a lot more realistic and there's a genuine sense of menace involved. Burning Bright doesn't attempt to do anything clever, it's a straightforward film with a simple plot and good characterization.

Recommended. (However don't expect a tiger that fights giant robots or large gorillas - it's a real tiger remember).

Sounds really interesting Dem cheers for the recommendation.

gag 2nd December 2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 469707)
Great lists Dem and B_E I have never seen Slugs because I mentioned this before I have a phobia of slugs they turn my stomach. If I saw a slug near someone's mouth I'd be finished :lol:

Last week i come home from work and decided to put my work clothes and other stuff in wash, i put some short on knelt down to put my stuff in wash and put my knee on a slug and squished it ,

EW:crying::yell::puke::mad::yuck: for **** sake i almost freaked out

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd December 2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 469711)
Last week i come home from work and decided to put my work clothes and other stuff in wash, i put some short on knelt down to put my stuff in wash and put my knee on a slug and squished it ,

EW:crying::yell::puke::mad::yuck: for **** sake i almost freaked out

What about your top ten animal films gag?