Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th June 2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 492627)
The 80's should be an easy list. Nothing much springs to mind. :pound:

I had a brief look at the '80s last night and it certainly seems a lot more 'barren' than the '60s and '70s.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th June 2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 492630)
I had a brief look at the '80s last night and it certainly seems a lot more 'barren' than the '60s and '70s.

They were great decades for horror films all around the world, not just in Britain. It would probably be the same with music.

J Harker 4th June 2016 12:44 PM

Bloody hell this week is a tricky one. Taken me a while to scroll through and catch up thanks to Cornwall's absolutely atrocious mobile coverage making forum access practically impossible last week. I'm surprised how many films are turning up that i was sure were US not British. And im not even talking about Alien or An American Werewolf. Despite being shot in the UK, i always thought the Poe/Corman/Price films were US productions?? Same with the Phibes films. And Robert Wise' The Haunting?

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 492638)
Bloody hell this week is a tricky one. Taken me a while to scroll through and catch up thanks to Cornwall's absolutely atrocious mobile coverage making forum access practically impossible last week. I'm surprised how many films are turning up that i was sure were US not British. And im not even talking about Alien or An American Werewolf. Despite being shot in the UK, i always thought the Poe/Corman/Price films were US productions?? Same with the Phibes films. And Robert Wise' The Haunting?

The Haunting although made by MGM was in reality made and fully funded by it's UK subsidiary MGM Borehamwood. Therefore it's a British film and was totally filmed in the UK.

J Harker 4th June 2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 492645)
The Haunting although made by MGM was in reality made and fully funded by it's UK subsidiary MGM Borehamwood. Therefore it's a British film and was totally filmed in the UK.

Mm, and the Phibes films and Theatre of Blood I'm just plain wrong. The Corman/Poe films though are at least joint US/UK productions so I'll exclude them from my list. Stick to exclusively British films if i can.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 492662)
Mm, and the Phibes films and Theatre of Blood I'm just plain wrong. The Corman/Poe films though are at least joint US/UK productions so I'll exclude them from my list. Stick to exclusively British films if i can.

Masque of the Red Death was shot in England on money from Anglo Amalgamated who were in bed with AIP at the time.

Inspector Abberline 4th June 2016 08:12 PM

list

The Legend of Hell House
Frightmare
Don't Open Till Christmas
The Lair of the White Worm
Circus of Horrors
Corruption
Dead of Night
Slaughter High
The Deadly Bees
The Cottage

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 492679)
The Cottage

Brilliant film!

What a way with words Ms. Ellison has. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2016 10:47 PM

Top 10 British Horror films of the 80's.

Gothic (1986)
An American Werewolf In London (1981)
The Company Of Wolves (1984)
The Lair of the White Worm (1988)
Hellraiser (1987)
Edge of Sanity (1989)
Inseminoid (1981)
Rawhead Rex (1986)
Death Ship (1980)
House of the Long Shadows (1983)

I find the 80's are fairly lean pickings for British horror. The only other i could pick is Hellraiser II, but i can't be arsed to search whether it's British or American.

J Harker 4th June 2016 11:22 PM

Top Ten British Horror films, although at least 3 of these would still make the cut if we dropped the horror tag.

The Wicker Man, Robin Hardy
Dracula, Terence Fisher
The Mummy, Terence Fisher
The Devil Rides Out, Terence Fisher
Theatre of Blood, Douglas Hickox
Tales From the Crypt, Freddie Francis
28 Days Later, Danny Boyle
The Descent, Neil Marshall
The Hallow, Corin Hardy
Severance, Christopher Smith

I think [emoji37]
Honourable mentions to