Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

bleakshaun 27th May 2019 08:24 PM

White Dog
The Birds
Them!
Grizzly
Venom
Killer Shrews
Squirm
Arachnophobia
Cujo
The Giant Gila Monster

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 604204)

Jurassic Park might be contentious (and I could easily include others in the series), but I don't think it fits in this category any less than other films where people are killed by land-based creatures.

Damn right it is! ;)

I'm pretty sure i could be killed by a Razorback, tiger, large ape, dogs or even a very hungry snail, but you tell me where i might get eaten by a dinosaur and i'll go.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604220)
Damn right it is! ;)

I'm pretty sure i could be killed by a Razorback, tiger, large ape, dogs or even a very hungry snail, but you tell me where i might get eaten by a dinosaur and i'll go.

Isla Nublar ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 604221)
Isla Nublar ;)

The thing is you are treading into Dinosaur movie territory now (Do you really want to waste another great topic by allowing them into a Killer Animals Top 10?).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604220)
Damn right it is! ;)

My rationale for including Jurassic Park is that dinosaurs are no more far-fetched than 'The Eighth Wonder of the World' in King Kong. The former may be an extension of alligators or crocodiles just as the latter is an extension of chimpanzee's (Link, Monkey Shines etc.).

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 604223)
My rationale for including Jurassic Park is that dinosaurs are no more far-fetched than 'The Eighth Wonder of the World' in King Kong. The former may be an extension of alligators or crocodiles just as the latter is an extension of chimpanzee's (Link, Monkey Shines etc.).

The thing is you are treading into Dinosaur movie territory now (Do you really want to waste another great topic by allowing them into a Killer Animals Top 10?).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604222)

Oh, good point. I'll have a think about that in the morning and maybe modify my list.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 604225)
Oh, good point. I'll have a think about that in the morning and maybe modify my list.

I'm pretty sure we haven't done Dinosaurs yet and there are such a lot to go at.

From Creatures the film Forgot to Jurassic Park to Toy Story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ring_dinosaurs

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th May 2019 08:15 AM

KILLER ANIMAL FILMS
  1. The Birds
  2. Razorback
  3. Black Sheep
  4. Monkey Shines
  5. Grizzly Man
  6. Burning Bright
  7. White Dog
  8. Grizzly
  9. Dogs
  10. Slugs

This is my updated list, without any fantasy creatures or dinosaurs.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th May 2019 08:20 AM

This week's topic is similar to last week, but is for creatures which are fish, semiaquatics, cetaceans, amphibians, molluscs, cephalopods, or are otherwise water-based. This basically includes any fish, sharks, whales, crocodiles, octopuses, squids, and any creature whose habitat is water.

They don't have to exclusively live in water, but for the purposes of your list, they have to be water, not land-based in the films you are including.