Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Daemonia 15th October 2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 189780)
I'm Interested to see what other Universal titles they'll be releasing. Pity Videodrome isn't one of them!

Isn't Videodrome getting a UK Blu release in December?

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 190138)
Isn't Videodrome getting a UK Blu release in December?

Yes, but not by Eureka.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2011 10:38 AM

With regard to the Jurassic Park boxset, I'm concerned that one of the deleted scenes from The Lost World will be still cut by 33 seconds. If so, i'll give the UK set a miss.

dream demon 15th October 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 189768)
I'm hearing rumours that Masters of Cinema are releasing Paths of Glory and The Killing?! If this is true, I'll probably pull a muscle whipping my wallet out too quickly!

If true, then this is great news. I recently watched Paths Of Glory on Channel 4, and thought it was superb! MoC are really on a roll right now. :cool:

nekromantik 15th October 2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 190206)
With regard to the Jurassic Park boxset, I'm concerned that one of the deleted scenes from The Lost World will be still cut by 33 seconds. If so, i'll give the UK set a miss.

I only paying £31 for the tin edition so dont really mind at that price if the deleted scene is cut. :lol:

the BBTF tins are selling for over £100 now so I may sell it on later on.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 190238)
I only paying £31 for the tin edition so dont really mind at that price if the deleted scene is cut. :lol:

the BBTF tins are selling for over £100 now so I may sell it on later on.

Price doesn't come into it for me if it means getting it uncut somewhere else. :)

PaulD 17th October 2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 190206)

Why might it be cut? What's the scene?

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th October 2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 190619)
Why might it be cut? What's the scene?

A deleted fight scene with Pete Poslethwaite was considered to violent for the PG dvd and was cut by 33 seconds. The blu-ray set is a PG, so I fear it's still cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Morton 17th October 2011 11:56 PM

Upcoming UK Blu-Ray Releases

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but the UK PULP FICTION blu ray is UNCUT
just checked Melon Farmers
but the BBFC haven't said previous cuts waived

the blob 18th October 2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 190760)
I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but the UK PULP FICTION blu ray is UNCUT
just checked Melon Farmers
but the BBFC haven't said previous cuts waived

Just says uncut at the BBFC. Could be because it was only cut for video and the cinema release was uncut anyway.