Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

James Morton 13th December 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 203013)
It's definitely worth the upgrade as I'd love to be able to watch the film where the picture fills the screen from side to side!

Although I dislike the banner, To Kill a Mockingbird will be a certain pre-order.

2 films come to mind which are not anamorphic anywhere are the brilliant LIFEFORCE (German dvd is theatrical not european release) and THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT

the blob 13th December 2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 203515)
2 films come to mind which are not anamorphic anywhere are the brilliant LIFEFORCE (German dvd is theatrical not european release) and THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT

DAY OF THE JACKAL is one I'd be after too. Haven't even bought a DVD yet because I was sure somewhere along the line it would get an upgrade. I guess not!

James Morton 13th December 2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 203519)
DAY OF THE JACKAL is one I'd be after too. Haven't even bought a DVD yet because I was sure somewhere along the line it would get an upgrade. I guess not!

I agree about the excellent DAY OF THE JACKAL
always seeing it on tv with stupid sign language!
it deserves the sp.ed. dvd/blu ray treatment

Legend 28th December 2011 11:26 PM

Whoops, wrong thread.

Daemonia 30th December 2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 203519)

This was released on DVD last year with an anamorphic transfer.

Amazon.co.uk: Day of The Jackal [DVD]: Edward Fox, Terence Alexander, Michel Auclair, Alan Badel, Tony Britton, Denis Carey, Adrien Cayla-Legrand, Cyril Cusack, Maurice Denham, Vernon Dobtcheff, Jacques François, Olga Georges-Picot, Jean Tournier, Fr

the blob 30th December 2011 12:35 PM

Excellent! That was a pretty quiet release. I'll have to grab that soon then.

nekromantik 4th January 2012 12:12 AM

UK is getting a blu steely of Immortals in march!
Pre orders are up now for £17.99 on amazon and play however HMV want £24.99!
I also noticed a lot of their pre order titles are quite expensive!

marvinnashsear 4th January 2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 207346)
UK is getting a blu steely of Immortals in march!
Pre orders are up now for £17.99 on amazon and play however HMV want £24.99!
I also noticed a lot of their pre order titles are quite expensive!

Any word on the rating cos this was cut for a 15?

nekromantik 4th January 2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 207540)
Any word on the rating cos this was cut for a 15?

nope not yet.
I dont think it will be cut on home release as they usually release uncut on dvd/blu if the cinema release had to be cut.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th January 2012 08:52 PM

Just been watching the CES taking place in Las Vegas right now, and they've announced the Bond blu-ray boxset. Can only imagine the price they'll ask for this! They also showed a quick glimpse of the box. Looks like it could be similar to the US Planet Of The Apes set. Very disappointed if it is. This was the perfect opportunity for MGM to do the smart thing, and use the original theatrical artwork.