Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 221408)
According to dvdcompare, only the original, vanilla dvd was the uncut version. The special edition and the blu ray were both censored.

Hmmmmmm, looks like it could be a case of the uncut version being replaced everywhere with the R-rated version from now on....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 221359)
It'll be worth double dipping on Wild At Heart as it has this on the forthcoming UK disc.

DUMBLAND (all eight animated episodes) (35.00)
Two short films:
The Grandmother - 1970 (33.36)
Lumiere and Company - 1995 (00.58)

Sold!

Gojirosan 3rd March 2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 221439)
Hmmmmmm, looks like it could be a case of the uncut version being replaced everywhere with the R-rated version from now on....

Yep. The optical hiding of the shotgun blast is the "official" version now. It's Lynch approved. It's not actually a cut, though I have never seen it and have no idea how intrusive it may or may not be.

Paul 4th March 2012 01:38 PM

Does anyone know if Dune is being released in it's extended version or if it's just the theatrical cut?

the blob 4th March 2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 221801)
Does anyone know if Dune is being released in it's extended version or if it's just the theatrical cut?

I would hope it's the Theatrical version else it might turn up in an Alan Smithee box set. :)

nekromantik 4th March 2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 221813)
I would hope it's the Theatrical version else it might turn up in an Alan Smithee box set. :)

Speaking of Alan Smithee, there are 75 movies using that name according to IMDB! :eek:

Bringer Of Funerals 4th March 2012 04:37 PM

just pre ordered the steelbook Return of the living dead and Arrow's house by the cemetery

PaulD 4th March 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 221832)
Speaking of Alan Smithee, there are 75 movies using that name according to IMDB! :eek:

I'm surprised; I thought there'd be more. The story behind this film is perhaps the best. Life imitating art etc

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th March 2012 07:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Probably been posted already,but worth another look!
Glad Chinatown's getting it's original art!:woot:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th March 2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 222867)
Probably been posted already,but worth another look!
Glad Chinatown's getting it's original art!:woot:

Good call on their part, sticking with the artwork we all know and love rather than going with some instantly forgettable generic new Photoshopped rubbish. It's a definite purchase.