Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 678273)
I have the steelbook as well. Yeah, the first pressings had a moment missing from the end scene on the platform. It was as the skeleton turns.
When the replacement disc came back all restored I noticed that the yellow tint over the movie which was also a concern on the first pressing was also reduced.

Yeah the reason I bought the Olive films bd.

Might buy this though if it has a reversible cover.....

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd November 2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 678279)
Looks like we may have another player, a new label called Treasured Films have submitted The Last Hunter to the BBFC. If it's reasonably priced, it's a pretty good introduction for them.

Surprised 88 Films let it slip through their fingers.

They've also mentioned Satan's Little Helper as well

I'd certainly be up for both of those.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th November 2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678286)

Treasured Films is from the same guy who runs Filmtreasures, the site that sells import blu-ray's.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 678324)
Treasured Films is from the same guy who runs Filmtreasures, the site that sells import blu-ray's.

Is it likely to happen do you think, Stephen? He must have done quite well to be able to buy and restore prints of old films or at least negotiate a deal to produce and distribute already restored films.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th November 2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678325)
Is it likely to happen do you think, Stephen? He must have done quite well to be able to buy and restore prints of old films or at least negotiate a deal to produce and distribute already restored films.

Should do. Be interesting to see what else they put out. I was going to get the Synapse blu of Satan's Little Helper, but i'll hold off to see if it does get a release here.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 678326)
Should do. Be interesting to see what else they put out. I was going to get the Synapse blu of Satan's Little Helper, but i'll hold off to see if it does get a release here.

Fingers crossed.

I held off my regular dvd watch of Satan's Little Helper this October in anticipation of getting the Synapse release for next year.

Like you i look forward to a UK release.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th November 2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 678279)
Looks like we may have another player, a new label called Treasured Films have submitted The Last Hunter to the BBFC. If it's reasonably priced, it's a pretty good introduction for them.

Surprised 88 Films let it slip through their fingers.

They've also mentioned Satan's Little Helper as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678286)

Same. It'll be interesting to see what they have for artwork and extra features, and if they can pay the big names to provide commentaries and interviews.

Dave 1st December 2022 08:04 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Young Sherlock Holmes Steelbook [Blu-ray]

The classic from director Barry Levinson, writer Chris Columbus and executive producer Steven Spielberg comes to Blu-ray™ in this LIMITED EDITION Steelbook®. Following the teenage years of Sherlock Holmes—who meets and befriends his future sidekick John Watson during their first semester of boarding school—the adventure begins after a series of deaths occur on campus. The groundbreaking Oscar®–nominated* special effects includes the very first use of a completely computer-generated character in cinema.

Amazon

Attachment 243671Attachment 243672Attachment 243673Attachment 243674Attachment 243675Attachment 243676Attachment 243677

J Harker 6th December 2022 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just found this on Amazon. Due out on the 19th. £32.99.Attachment 243744

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

peter alex 6th December 2022 11:25 AM

shameless supposed to be making an announcement about four flies on grey velvet according to twitter but that was over a month ago they are the same prints of the films that was released years age no new special features on the discs and four flies sound problem towards the end of the film as not been fixed.