Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1971-upcoming-non-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th November 2010 07:38 PM

I hope this is a precursor to a UK release -- hopefully with a reversible cover with Man Bites Dog on one side and C'est Arrivé Pres de Chez Vous on the other.

bdc 27th November 2010 07:45 PM

It's a Universal release,I don't know who holds the rights in the UK?

nekromantik 4th December 2010 03:55 PM

Im getting this as a xmas pressi!!!

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1487/avatarce1.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3832/avatarce2.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th December 2010 05:04 AM

Just saw the artwork for Universal's US March release of Out Of Sight on BD over at thedigitalbits, and must say I'm extremely pleased. Unless it's just temporary art (which it could well be, knowing my luck!), someone is finally using the very nice theatrical poster.....:pray:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518jHdrfE8L.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 07:24 PM

Another essential purchase imo, is this upcoming German BD steelbook of Grindhouse. Niiiiiiiice :dance: :nod:

http://images3.blu-ray.com/movies/co...8479_large.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 07:35 PM

Am I the only one who thought that the two Grindhouse films to be self-indulgent and boring? Death Proof more than Planet Terror, obviously.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 117001)
Am I the only one who thought that the two Grindhouse films to be self-indulgent and boring? Death Proof more than Planet Terror, obviously.

I didn't care much for Death Proof at all, but I really liked Planet Terror - A complete leave your brain at the door flick full of action, plus some nice effects.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th December 2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 117045)
I didn't care much for Death Proof at all, but I really liked Planet Terror - A complete leave your brain at the door flick full of action, plus some nice effects.

If they weren't made by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez and were two movies by debut filmmakers I don't believe they would have ever seen the light of day (or the dark inside of a cinema!).

antmumford 15th December 2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 117071)
If they weren't made by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez and were two movies by debut filmmakers I don't believe they would have ever seen the light of day (or the dark inside of a cinema!).

I thought both of them were brilliant :p

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th December 2010 11:09 AM

As I said several posts ago, it must be just me. I've even tried watching them again at home after being bored at the cinema but the change of location didn't help one iota.

the blob 21st December 2010 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of my top sci-fi films of all-time! March 29th, 2011.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st December 2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 117954)
One of my top sci-fi films of all-time! March 29th, 2011.

Bloody hell! I wish Warner would stop messing up classic covers. Looks just as bad as the recent Eastwood BD's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the blob 21st December 2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 117955)
Bloody hell! I wish Warner would stop messing up classic covers. Looks just as bad as the recent Eastwood BD's

Was thinking the same. I have the old R1 snapper and it looks much better!

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st December 2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 117956)
Was thinking the same. I have the old R1 snapper and it looks much better!

I think Arrow need to license EVERY film ever made! That way we'll always get original artwork :D

the blob 21st December 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 117957)
I think Arrow need to license EVERY film ever made! That way we'll always get original artwork :D

Trying to think where Rick would put the arse... could do a pic of the 'Furniture'.. :lol:

j/k!

oaxaca 27th December 2010 09:03 PM

Just wondering if someone could tell me whether the USA blue underground BD of DJANGO (and other blue underground releases for that matter) is region free or not?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I did try to search this.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th December 2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 118559)
Just wondering if someone could tell me whether the USA blue underground BD of DJANGO (and other blue underground releases for that matter) is region free or not?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I did try to search this.

I'm afraid it's locked to region A

Daemonia 28th December 2010 12:50 AM

As Stephen says, Django is region locked but, to the best of my knowledge, all other BU releases on BD are region-free.

oaxaca 28th December 2010 03:27 PM

Thanks for the answers! Thats a shame agh I nearly bought Django last night. Never mind, I think I'll be getting Circle of Iron (Silent Flute) and Vigilante from Blue Underground as long as they are not region locked. They have a fantastic selection of blu rays available and most are between ten and fifteen quid on amazon.co.uk

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 09:26 AM

Severin Films will release the classic (well it is to me!) BMX Bandits on BD on March 15th 2011. Nice to see the original artwork being used. This will definately be getting bought. :nod:

http://www.severin-films.com/wp-cont...y-web-temp.jpg

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 118673)
Thanks for the answers! Thats a shame agh I nearly bought Django last night. Never mind, I think I'll be getting Circle of Iron (Silent Flute) and Vigilante from Blue Underground as long as they are not region locked. They have a fantastic selection of blu rays available and most are between ten and fifteen quid on amazon.co.uk

I think you're safe with those mate - no region locks. I usually buy the BU blu rays too. Shame about Django, as I use a PS3, but one out of many ain't bad I guess.

Gojirosan 31st December 2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 117071)

Totally agree.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 119077)
Severin Films will release the classic (well it is to me!) BMX Bandits on BD on March 15th 2011. Nice to see the original artwork being used. This will definately be getting bought. :nod:

http://www.severin-films.com/wp-cont...y-web-temp.jpg

I've been wanting to see this since the first time I watched Not Quite Hollywood so what better way to do that than in high definition?!

Inspector Tanzi 31st December 2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 119095)
I've been wanting to see this since the first time I watched Not Quite Hollywood so what better way to do that than in high definition?!

I'd film I'd most like to see a Blu Ray of that was in the Not Quite Hollywood documentary is The Man from Hong Kong.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 119095)

I've loved BMX Bandits since I first saw it at the cinema. I was shocked when I saw this news. Never thought it would ever be released on BD. Good times!

bgart13 10th January 2011 09:25 PM

BU announced their DEEP RED blu-ray today. Both versions of the movie, too. Here's hoping there's no digital glitches on theirs.

the blob 11th January 2011 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
According to someone at blu-ray.com, Mad Max is also getting an Australian release in March so there'll be a Region B copy. Same awful cover-art though..

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th January 2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 121148)
BU announced their DEEP RED blu-ray today. Both versions of the movie, too. Here's hoping there's no digital glitches on theirs.

There don't appear to be any digital glitches on the Arrow release, only instances where some Blu-ray players don't have the necessary firmware to play the picture without breakup and properly deal with the sound.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th January 2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 121210)
There don't appear to be any digital glitches on the Arrow release, only instances where some Blu-ray players don't have the necessary firmware to play the picture without breakup and properly deal with the sound.

Indeed - my copy played (and sounded) fine. :nod:

bgart13 11th January 2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 121210)

Wouldn't that still be a digital glitch? Seems like it to me.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th January 2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 121307)

No, that would be due to the player needing an update; technically a glitch but only with the player firmware, not the disc. ;)

I popped the Blu in my PC drive to check, and indeed I had to download an update in order to play the Deep Red disc.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th January 2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 121307)

Yes, but only a digital glitch with your Blu-ray player!

bgart13 11th January 2011 11:36 PM

Heh heh. I was playing devil's advocate.

On another note, BU confirmed in an email to me today that the Eng and It tracks will be uncompressed on their release.

skyofcrack 12th January 2011 12:39 AM

I don't know what digital glitches you're talking about that go away with a firmware update but the missing frames are inherent in the print. I still haven't heard any comments from Arrow on that.

Edit: if the glitch you're referring to is the 45:27 pixelation on Carlo, that's definitely not a firmware issue. It's an authoring issue. It's on the master used to make the BD's. The same glitch is at 35:02 on the Export Edition.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th January 2011 05:31 PM

Just read that the marketing director of the French branch of Universal has revealed a few of the BDs on the slate for 2011. Hopefully these will be worldwide releases, but then again, Universal is region free, so it's all good. A few of the titles are......2 Clint Eastwood movies (including High Plains Drifter), The Jurassic Park Trilogy, more Hitchock movies and Scarface. Can I get a HELL YEAH!!! ?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th January 2011 05:42 PM

Hell yeah!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th January 2011 05:43 PM

More Hitchcock sounds great! :happy: Not fussed on the others mentioned, though.

the blob 12th January 2011 05:46 PM

Scarface finally! Been waiting for it ever since they half announced it for HD DVD.

More Hitchcock steelbooks? :eyebrows:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th January 2011 05:48 PM

I'm not too concerned about High Plains Drifter but Scarface will be really good in high definition and, as far as I'm concerned, the more Hitchcock stuff on Blu-ray the better.

nekromantik 12th January 2011 05:51 PM

they announced JP back in 2009 for xmas 2010 so not holding my breathe for this year :(