Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1971-upcoming-non-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2010 05:58 PM

Looks like Germany are getting the unrated cut of Live Free Or Die Hard (Die Hard 4.0) on BD as part of a series of digibook releases. I can't imaging it won't see a release elsewhere.

Live Free Or Die Hard

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...aL._AA300_.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2010 07:17 PM

You bought any of the Die Hard films on Blu Ray Steve.

I was going to last week,but I loathe to give up my R1 Five star boxset....

Anyway,Die Hard With a Vengeance ain't out here yet,is it?:confused:

the blob 17th September 2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 102730)
You bought any of the Die Hard films on Blu Ray Steve.

I was going to last week,but I loathe to give up my R1 Five star boxset....

Anyway,Die Hard With a Vengeance ain't out here yet,is it?:confused:

I've got the first 3 Region A. They're good. Not spectacular but good. Gotta shift my 5-Star box when I get back. :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2010 08:05 PM

Yeah I have the Region A boxset as well. They are an improvement over the dvds, especially Die Hard With A Vengeance. It's just a pity that the first movie doesn't contain all the extras from the five star dvd.

Playzocker 17th September 2010 08:20 PM

About the Fox Digibooks: Their press release sais that for some movies, the extrended cut will be presented on a DVD - and Die Hard 4 is one of those cases. So we can expect the theatrical version on BD to team up with the Recut on DVD.

That only leaves one question the AVGN puts best ... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 102785)
About the Fox Digibooks: Their press release sais that for some movies, the extrended cut will be presented on a DVD - and Die Hard 4 is one of those cases. So we can expect the theatrical version on BD to team up with the Recut on DVD.

That only leaves one question the AVGN puts best ... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? :D

Ah well, they can forget that! Come on Fox, give us the extended cut on BD!

the blob 17th September 2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 102785)

What a load of rubbish! I mean, what's the problem with just finally releasing it on BD??? I really liked 4 but no way am I getting the unrated dvd when a BD is bound to happen someday.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2010 08:31 PM

Cheers for the Die Hard info guys.Think I'll stick with the box until they ALL appear on region b.

bdc 18th September 2010 08:25 AM

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5...bluraynews.jpg

"Synapse has officially announced to DVD Drive-In that they will be releasing the Hammer Horror classic VAMPIRE CIRCUS at the end of 2010 as a Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack. This is the first time that the film has officially been available on disc in North America, and in stunning High-Definition. The SRP is $29.95. TWINS OF EVIL and HANDS OF THE RIPPER will be announced in the coming months for release some time in 2011. Here are the full details -- Blu-Ray Specifications: VIDEO: High-Definition 1080p Widescreen (1.66:1) Presentation / AVC Codec; AUDIO: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Mono / DTS-HD MA Music & Effects Track; SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. DVD Specifications: VIDEO: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.66:1) Presentation; AUDIO: Dolby Digital English 2.0 Mono / Dolby Digital Music & Effects Track; SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

Blood-Curdling Special Features Include: THE BLOODIEST SHOW ON EARTH: “Making Vampire Circus” - An all-new documentary featuring interviews with writer/director Joe Dante, Hammer documentarian Ted Newsom, Video Watchdog editor/author Tim Lucas, author/film historian Philip Nutman and actor David Prowse; GALLERY OF GROTESQUERIES: A Brief History of Circus Horrors - A retrospective on circus/carnival themed horror productions; VISITING THE HOUSE OF HAMMER: “Britain's Legendary Horror Magazine” - A retrospective on the popular British horror/comic publication featuring author Philip Nutman; VAMPIRE CIRCUS: Interactive Comic Book" - Featuring artwork by Brian Bolland; Poster And Stills Gallery; Original Theatrical Trailer. The extras were produced by Daniel Griffith of Ballyhoo Motion Pictures." (Dvddrive-in)

"Tentatively, it also looks like The Image is coming in January with a 42nd St. Forever redux (vols. 1 and 2 combined, with a few trailers being axed and a few new ones taking their place...3 hrs. and 40 min.!) following in February."

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th September 2010 08:28 AM

Looks fantastic b, will be a pre-order for sure. :pop2:

bdc 18th September 2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 102960)
Looks fantastic b, will be a pre-order for sure. :pop2:

Just hope it's region free! ;)

Playzocker 18th September 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 102792)
What a load of rubbish! I mean, what's the problem with just finally releasing it on BD??? I really liked 4 but no way am I getting the unrated dvd when a BD is bound to happen someday.

I'd say the problem is that there is no HD print of the Recut and they just don't want to invest in a decent master.

Inspector Tanzi 18th September 2010 12:35 PM

Coming end of the year

IRON BODYGUARD

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...br-199x292.jpg

the blob 18th September 2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 103032)
I'd say the problem is that there is no HD print of the Recut and they just don't want to invest in a decent master.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely in this day and age. The Unrated version would have been planned from Day 1 and they're probably just planning to milk it along with the first 3 again at a later time. :)

They'll probably do the BD encode when they're ready to release it worldwide.

Playzocker 18th September 2010 02:46 PM

That, of course, could also be the case. Still, what better chance of releaseing that cut than within a new collector's edition? :D

the blob 18th September 2010 04:28 PM

I have a feeling they'll find an opportunity to re-do the whole lot as the first 3 were fairly early titles from Fox.

Bruce Willis Says Die Hard 5 Is Imminent

:nod:

bgart13 20th September 2010 10:34 PM

SANTA SANGRE on blu-ray and dvd from Severin, on January 25th, 2011.

Fangoria.com

http://www.fangoria.com/images/stori...indiscnews.jpg

the blob 20th September 2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 103645)
SANTA SANGRE on blu-ray and dvd from Severin, on January 25th, 2011.

Fangoria.com

http://www.fangoria.com/images/stori...indiscnews.jpg

Yep. It's a must-buy. Should look absolutely stunning!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st September 2010 07:16 AM

A definite pre-order from me. :nod:

the blob 22nd September 2010 11:45 PM

Well, it looks like Once Upon A Time in America has been semi-officially announced.. :)

“Once Upon A Time in America” on Blu-ray January 2011 | HighDefDiscNews

http://highdefdiscnews.com/images/on...atradefull.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd September 2010 05:09 AM

Just saw the new about OUATIA on the site. Fantastic news.

Pete 3rd October 2010 01:18 PM

Maniac review:

Maniac

Daemonia 4th October 2010 01:27 PM

Nice review, except that Maniac was never banned as a video nasty. Certainly, it was rejected classification by the BBFC a couple of times, but it never fell foul of the DPP and was never on the official list of video nasties.

As for 'video nasties', I'm sick of hearing the term. :mmph:

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th October 2010 05:40 PM

:eek::eek::eek: And that's all I'm saying

Death Race 2

bgart13 5th October 2010 11:23 PM

:dance: GRINDHOUSE and THE EXORCIST both showed up for me today! :dance:

Unfortunately, I can't check 'em out til I get home from work around 9pm. :doh:

the blob 5th October 2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 106674)
:eek::eek::eek: And that's all I'm saying

Death Race 2

Wonder if we'll get a rendition of 'When Will I Be Famous' while Luke Goss is driving around. He must be still asking himself the same question even after breaking into movies...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th October 2010 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know if this is region free?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th October 2010 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Again,a wasted opportunity with the artwork.
Look at this glorious creation.:cool:

the blob 6th October 2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 106965)
Again,a wasted opportunity with the artwork.
Look at this glorious creation.:cool:

Region A locked apparently. That artwork is bloody appaling!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th October 2010 09:28 PM

Cheers blob.
DAMN!:mmph:

Daemonia 7th October 2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 106964)
Anyone know if this is region free?

It's widely being reported as being region-locked, mate. I know, I'm gutted too. :(

Still, it's bound to get a UK release sooner or later. :)

the blob 7th October 2010 03:46 PM

No cover art up as yet but according to blu-ray.com it's definitely happening. :bunny:

Amazon.com: The Birds [Blu-ray]: Alfred Hitchcock: Movies & TV

Probably be region free too. The more Hitchcock the better! :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th October 2010 01:05 PM

My copy of The Exorcist arrived today -- hopefully I'll have time to give it a watch this evening.

Pete 11th October 2010 02:42 PM

Troll 2 Blu-ray review:

Troll 2 (Blu-ray) : DVD Talk Review of the Blu-ray

bdc 11th October 2010 06:14 PM

Is Troll 2 region locked?
If so I wonder if it will be released in Europe?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th October 2010 10:19 PM

Troll 2 is a masterpiece in terrible films and one that really needs to be seen to be believed. I hope it comes out on Blu-ray in the UK but, if not, I will seriously consider importing.

the blob 14th October 2010 03:55 PM

This looks so bad I actually think I'm going to end up buying it!

MIDNIGHT LEGACY - Giving the films the respect they deserve!

YouTube - ALIEN 2 ON EARTH trailer

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th October 2010 10:34 PM

The question is, will this be a film that is so terrible that it is brilliant or so terrible it is virtually unwatchable?

bdc 15th October 2010 09:48 AM

Alien 2 sulla terra is a fun movie.
I've got the Japanese vhs. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th October 2010 08:49 PM

It's gonna be a lovely January!

Amazon.com: Once Upon a Time in America [Blu-ray]: Robert De Niro, James Woods, Elizabeth McGovern, Joe Pesci, Burt Young, Tuesday Weld, Treat Williams, Danny Aiello, Richard Bright, James Hayden, William Forsythe, Darlanne Fluegel, Sergio Leone, Enr