Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 20th January 2012 11:12 PM

"The Artist". Mrs MTDS dragged me out of the house earlier tonight to see this silent film about the advent of the talkies. I was a bit sceptical to start with, but after the 20 minute mark I was totally hooked and sat there grinning like a fool for the rest of the film. Highly recommended.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st January 2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 210696)
"The Artist". Mrs MTDS dragged me out of the house earlier tonight to see this silent film about the advent of the talkies. I was a bit sceptical to start with, but after the 20 minute mark I was totally hooked and sat there grinning like a fool for the rest of the film. Highly recommended.

I really want to see The Artist but, as there are no signs of it being shown at my nearest Cineworld, I'll have to keep an eye out on independent cinemas.

I heard one cinema gave refunds to customers who didn't realise it was black and white, silent and 4:3. Shows some people have no taste and won't watch a film if it isn't colourful, loud and widescreen.

sawyer6 21st January 2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 210741)
I really want to see The Artist but, as there are no signs of it being shown at my nearest Cineworld, I'll have to keep an eye out on independent cinemas.

I heard one cinema gave refunds to customers who didn't realise it was black and white, silent and 4:3. Shows some people have no taste and won't watch a film if it isn't colourful, loud and widescreen.

In my screening, 95 % of the audience didn't know it either but they enjoyed it.Consider that they were over 60 years old.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st January 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 210744)
In my screening, 95 % of the audience didn't know it either but they enjoyed it.Consider that they were over 60 years old.

I imagine the over 60s will have a greater tolerance for 'square' monochrome films than younger audiences!

sawyer6 21st January 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 210748)
I imagine the over 60s will have a greater tolerance for 'square' monochrome films than younger audiences!

Indeed.The younger generation does't respect old movies :(

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st January 2012 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been slacking big time in the amount of films I've been watching, but these are the last 20 films I've seen...

Gojirosan 21st January 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 210741)

I have been informed that some journos tried to find anyone who had complained and asked for refunds at this (apparently in Liverpool) showing or cinema staff who had been complained to and could find no foundation to this story at all.

Slow news day publicity stunt?

Pete 21st January 2012 01:12 PM

I haven't watched any films for a while now, I think I've become a bit sick of them. :(

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st January 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 210781)
I haven't watched any films for a while now, I think I've become a bit sick of them. :(

:shocked:

Too much football has rotted your brain, mate. ;)

Pete 21st January 2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 210785)
:shocked:

Too much football has rotted your brain, mate. ;)

Football was my first love and always will be. ;)

I don't know why I've suddenly started to feel like this but I've just lost any enthusiasm to watch any films - I don't even look in HMV or on Amazon anymore. Hopefully if I stay on here I'll get back in the mood.