Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

MrBarlow 3rd February 2020 12:26 AM

The Thing. 2011.

Paleontologist Kate Lloyd is asked to join a team of Norwegians in Antarctica to help uncover something that has been buried, unaware that the alien they have uncovered is slowly thawing out and awakens.

Prequel to the John Carpenter 1982 classic film, this has a good sorted bunch of acting and plot story to it that made it exciting when it was announced, (finally we get to see what happened to the first team). Only downside i hated, $38.000.000 budget and all they gave us was CGI effects that looked naff, Carpenter had a smaller budget and was able to do it the way we loved animatronics and they were more believable and more scary.

nosferatu42 3rd February 2020 12:57 AM

I'm pretty sure the makers wanted to do the effects using prosthetics and the producers wanted CGI or something along those lines, i remember seeing some test footage somewhere online i think.

I didn't mind the film, it was acted well enough but agree it would have been much more effective with old school effects.

Just found this video where it talks about the original effects -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...ature=emb_logo

MrBarlow 3rd February 2020 02:13 AM

The Thing. 1982.

An American team fend off a shape shifting creature that attacked a Norwegian post in Antarctica.

This is a true science-fiction horror classic that had the elements of the original, from a good story, well acted, great effects (kudos to Rob Bottin) and well crafted atmospheric location with a bland of paranoia. I'm not gonna say anything that hasn't been said before, except :thankingyou: to John Carpenter for this awesome movie.

MrBarlow 3rd February 2020 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 619780)
I'm pretty sure the makers wanted to do the effects using prosthetics and the producers wanted CGI or something along those lines, i remember seeing some test footage somewhere online i think.

I didn't mind the film, it was acted well enough but agree it would have been much more effective with old school effects.

Just found this video where it talks about the original effects -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...ature=emb_logo

That was interesting, just a shame the Studio went in a different direction with the effects and ending, the guys that done the effects, were right to be pissed off. It is worth to mention Harbinger Down was a decent movie and worth a glance.

Demoncrat 3rd February 2020 05:48 PM

The Loreley's Grasp (1974, Amando de Ossorio)

Another viewing of this odd little flick. When a girls (COUGH) college is threatened by an unseen madman (man???), a body guard is hired.
Featuring the stunning Silvia Tortosa as a rather prim teacher, this is rather relevant somewhat as female empowerment is high on the agenda, plus a pool so there is plenty of totty on show for unreconstructed types also :lol:.
Great atmosphere and deaths make this a crying shame of it's absence in HD. Grrrrr etc.
Highly recommended!

bleakshaun 3rd February 2020 07:20 PM

The Lighthouse
2 wickies are sent to a lighthouse on a lonely island, one of which has to do menial hard labor tasks while the other guards the light. Throughout they both try to keep grasp on their sanity
Um, what was this film? A horror? Strong performances from both Defoe and Pattinson and we also learn how to have sex with mermaids.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 3rd February 2020 07:55 PM

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? 1971.

Children from an orphanage are invited to Christmas party at a American Widower's house unaware of what she is hiding in her attic.

Gritty British horror with Shelley Winters as the lovable Auntie Roo, who opens her house every Christmas to kids unaware she is a bit disturbed. Michael Gothard plays her butler, who seems like a good guy but slowly becoming unbalanced. This is like a version of Hansel and Gretel but a bit darker with Mark Lester and Chloe Franks playing the siblings. This does have its slow pace and builds up well with its suspense and tension moments.

trebor8273 3rd February 2020 09:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZo0JRUyDnw

The Mu empire ( a eastern Atlantis type culture ) start attacking the surface world , our only hope lies with super sub Atragon and her captain , but first it has to be found and her crazy patriotic captain needs to convinced he needs to.help the entire world and not just Japan , luckily captains daughter has been brought to the slaughter and is kidnapped, forcing her father to take action.

Another enjoyable Toho film, I never grow bored of them! 7/10

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rht-uyWidu0

Don't know why but I get more enjoyment from films like this than any multi-million blockbuster.

MrBarlow 3rd February 2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 619832)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZo0JRUyDnw

The Mu empire ( a eastern Atlantis type culture ) start attacking the surface world , our only hope lies with super sub Atragon and her captain , but first it has to be found and her crazy patriotic captain needs to convinced he needs to.help the entire world and not just Japan , luckily captains daughter has been brought to the slaughter and is kidnapped, forcing her father to take action.

Another enjoyable Toho film, I never grow bored of them! 7/10

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rht-uyWidu0

Don't know why but I get more enjoyment from films like this than any multi-million blockbuster.

Could be because they remind us of our childhood and not much OTT acting and funny effects :lol:

Demoncrat 3rd February 2020 09:45 PM

Isn't because they are just so damn entertaining t??

Unlike the awful FF drivel I've just sat through.
Incident At Montauk
A lone goober wanders onto a "disused" military base in search of UFO stuff and t'ing. Naturally he has his camera with him. Not a decent scare in 80 minutes!! Just a very predictable "twist". Illogical within the constraints of the genre. By Cthulhu I miss The G String Horror, as at least that was funny.
Next!!

Demoncrat 3rd February 2020 11:19 PM

Tony (2011, Gerard Johnson)

This was a nice little find. A loner barely manages to keep his head above water, what with snide DSS staff and the local "hard man" on his case on top of everything.
How his coping mechanism interferes with his social interactions is a small wonder to behold. Economical (75 min if that) and even if I can't reaaally call it the UK Henry after all, I'll have a bloody good try! Come on then! :laugh::rolleyes::behindsofa:

Recommended!

nosferatu42 4th February 2020 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222398

Right so the new Suspiria,

Ok it's never gonna be the lighting in the bottle that was the original but i like the new film alot.
It's oddly arthouse, it takes it's time and does its own thing but keeps the general idea intact.

In some ways this new version makes more sense than the original, ( face facts the original Suspiria is totally style over substance. filmmaking.. ) dance has always been part of the witches ritual, and it puts that at the forefront.

What i respect about the new film is that it spends 2 hours of film building up an art house serious vibe then spends 10 minutes in total sleeze/ blood.

I like that.:cool:

The volk soundtrack song kinda reminds me of the Goblin soundtrack in it's dissonance.

I don't know, this is the second time watching this film and i think it deserves some kind of respect for not just being a shit remake, i think it was made out of respect for the original and the filmmaker knew it was never going to be the same so said screw it.

In my opinion it's a good film in itself and should be judged on its own terms.
It's not perfect but it's certainly not the film you would expect and if you give yourself over to it as it weaves its own spell.

It expands on the original idea and in some ways channels the "Inferno" witch at the end and the orgiastic finale of "Mother of Tears" but better, the thing is if Argento even got close to making a new film as competent as this we'd all be spanking the monkey.

I like it.

:behindsofa:

8/10:pop2:

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 619842)
Right so the new Suspiria,

Ok it's never gonna be the lighting in the bottle that was the original but i like the new film alot.
It's oddly arthouse, it takes it's time and does its own thing but keeps the general idea intact.

In some ways this new version makes more sense than the original, ( face facts the original Suspiria is totally style over substance. filmmaking.. ) the dance has always been part of the witches ritual, and it puts that at the forefront.

What i respect about the new film is that it spends 2 hours of film building up an art house serious vibe then spends 10 minutes in total sleeze/ blood.

I like that.:cool:

The volk soundtrack song kinda reminds me of the Goblin soundtrack in it's dissonance.

I don't know, this is the second time watching this film and i think it deserves some kind of respect for not just being a shit remake, i think it was made out of respect for the original and the filmmaker knew it was never going to be the same so said **** it.

In my opinion it's a good film in itself and should be judged on its own terms.
,it's not perfect but it's certainly not the film you would expect and if you give yourself over to it as it weaves it's own spell.

It expands on the original idea and in some ways channels the "Inferno" witch and the orgiastic finale of "Mother of Tears" but better, the thing is if Argento even got close to making a new film as competent as this we'd all be spanking the monkey.

I like it.

:behindsofa:

8/10:pop2:

I saw it when it came out on BD and gave a low rating, but after this comment and Dem's view is making me want to give it another glance, second time may be better than the first.

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 12:38 AM

Legend of the werewolf. 1975

A travelling circus in 19th century France adopts and showcases a feral wolf boy, who grows into adulthood only to kill the one man band. He runs off to Paris, where he develops a jealous, overprotective crush on a prostitute, leading him to attack her client, incurring a pursuit by a determined police surgeon.

This may not be a classic as the actors seems to tred on each other's toes and over act a bit too much, this isn't a Hammer film but a clone to the great studio itself tying to outsmart and trying to do better. The plot of the story was good from the start with the narration and how the legend began, and to have Peter Cushing was it's savior and some good visual effects with the transformation. Think this is another like or hate movie.

nosferatu42 4th February 2020 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 619843)
I saw it when it came out on BD and gave a low rating, but after this comment and Dem's view is making me want to give it another glance, second time may be better than the first.

I wasn't sure what to make of it at the cinema, but if you take it as it's own film it's pretty mental.:cool:

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 619845)
I wasn't sure what to make of it at the cinema, but if you take it as it's own film it's pretty mental.:cool:

Will take your advice on it that way Nos :thankingyou: when i was watching it i kept on thinking of the original and not the best way to do it.

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 02:25 AM

Trilogy Of Terror. 1975.

Three different stories, starring Karen black.

1st. A college professor reluctanly agrees to go on a date with her student, when she passes out he takes photos of her in hoping to blackmail but the professor turns the table.

2nd. A sister plans to kill her evil sibling while a doctor who has treated both siblings since their childhood tries to encourage her not to.

3rd. A woman buys a African Zuni doll for her boyfriend that comes to life and hunt her in the apartment.

Films like these don't rely on good old special effects but good acting provided by Karen Black who plays four roles in this, Dan Curtis directed this TV movie based on the writing of Richard Matheson with endings that give out unexpected twists and the Zuni doll was a little bit freaky to see when you were young. George Gaynes provided a good role in the second story which seemed a bit predictable. They may seem to be a slow start but each is enjoyable to watch.

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 04:16 AM

Trilogy Of Terror II. 1966.

Three more stories of horror and suspense.

1st. An adulteress wife kills her husband, when she and her lover plan to collect the insurance money they have to find a piece of microfilm that may be buried with him.

2nd. A mother tries witchcraft to bring her dead son back,but he has changed.

3rd. The second story to the Zuni doll after Amelia is found dead and the doll seems to regenerate itself and looking for a new body.

The long awaited Tv movie sequel...or is it? Lysette Anthony takes the lead with all three stories With Geoffrey Lewis playing the creepy caretaker of the cemetary in the first segment. The second story seems a bit more stronger attitude to it and more straight up tense moments as to the third its more laughable than horror. It is entertaining, and the stories last longer than the predecessor film, don't get your hopes up if you are looking for thrills and chills.

Nordicdusk 4th February 2020 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222401

The world has tilted off its axis after years of polar fracking throwing the world all out of whack. Daylight switches to darkness whenever it feels like it the sky has a strange glow and animals are acting strange this won't end well. In a small sleepy town of Centerville the dead start rising from the grave and it's up to the small sheriff's department to protect the locals.

Im a big fan of Jim Jarmusch and his style of directing as everyone knows here i adore Dead Man. If you are aware of Jims films then you know what to expect the comedy is deadpan as is the delivery of any of the other dialogue and every actor here does an amazing job with their delivery. This style is not for everyone it has a Twin Peaks vibe but i can see how some may find it long winded and boring even wandering aimlessly.

When it comes to the look and makeup for the zombies they look brilliant and when they are killed instead of blood and guts we get black dust flying out of them it was something fresh really liked how it was done and it was something different. Iggy Pop is bloody hilarious are a zombie he only says coffee but just looking at him had me laughing hard :lol:

Coffee leads me on nicely to something else i really liked just like George A Romero's films the undead are attracted you what they knew before they died creatures of habits hearing the zombies call out their favourite things worked to great comedy effect. "Candy Candy" " Power Tools Power Tools" "Coffee Coffee" :lol:

Overall very entertaining and very funny but not for everyone so approach with caution.

7/10

Nordicdusk 4th February 2020 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222402

Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock are back this time the destination is Graceland. While hold up in The White House Little Rock is getting bored and over crowded by Tallahassee she feels smothered by his emotions and over protection of her becoming too much of a father figure and treating her like a daughter that she cant handle so she takes off after meeting a pacifist hippy and stealing The Beast. Tallahassee is sent into mourning for the loss of the beast but he is almost driving into a murderous rage when his finds out she has run off with a pacifist :lol:

Double Tap continues with the fun gore and loveable characters and more rules of the first film adding in a couple of great cameos and a couple of more additions to the group.Double tap didn't fall into the trap of replicating the first film relying on jokes from the past instead it created new fun situations and fresh jokes. The standout in these films is always Woody Harrelson i just love him in everything he is in a great comedy actor and equally a great serious actor and just so damn likeable.

Watch until after the credits ;)

8/10

Nordicdusk 4th February 2020 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222403

Will Graham is plucked back out of retirement when a new serial killer is on the loose nicknamed the tooth fairy. Will Graham is an FBI profiler putting himself inside the minds of a killer after examining crimes scenes. He is a little too good at his job and this is the reason why he is in early retirement after past dealings with Hannibal Lecter drove him crazy and landed him in a mental institute. This new case will not only put him at risk but his family.

It's been a long time since i last saw this and i forgot just how good no great this film actually is. Shot with so much style the lighting the colours the buildings even down to the colours of clothing all fits perfectly with a great soundtrack wrapping it all up into a beautiful package.

Can't help mention the book when that's what this is based upon but this for me definitely stands alone so no need for comparison.

8/10

nosferatu42 4th February 2020 03:35 PM

After watching the Suspiria remake the other night i decided to re read my original review on here and it's interesting to me that i liked the film slightly more on rewatch.
I knew what to expect and just went along with the film, not really comparing it to the original as much.:pop2:

I adjusted the review slightly and bunged it on my letterboxd page seeing as i don't have the motivation to review much on here these days, as i tend to waffle on a bit once i get started.:wise:

Also the other night i had a long chat on the phone with a mate from school and we ended up discussing our favourite horror films, which was nice.:cool:

This led to me revising my personal top 100 horror list on letterboxd.
Here's a link if anyone wants a butchers.

https://letterboxd.com/nosferatu42/l...-horror-films/

There's also 100 - 200 and 200 - 300 lists although they need sorting more. ( i got a bit carried away)
Still pretty sure i've missed a load of stuff.:rolleyes:

gag 4th February 2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 619840)
Tony (2011, Gerard Johnson)

This was a nice little find. A loner barely manages to keep his head above water, what with snide DSS staff and the local "hard man" on his case on top of everything.
How his coping mechanism interferes with his social interactions is a small wonder to behold. Economical (75 min if that) and even if I can't reaaally call it the UK Henry after all, I'll have a bloody good try! Come on then! :laugh::rolleyes::behindsofa:

Recommended!

I bought this film last year when I found out the music was by The The my favourite band. People say well you should know that if favourite band, well yes but tbh around 2000 ish when I first slowly started with my depression etc, I lost interest with anything and everything and since then I've been like that and don't learn or follow (bands, people etc ) as much as I should do, and odd days when I get down I just struggle with everything. Hence my previous post about me not watching many films, like most people with depression I have my good days and bad days, but one has to plod on to best of their ability, and I have to be strong because I'm my partners carer .

Rob4 4th February 2020 06:55 PM

Donovan's Brain 1953 (Kino)

Scientist saves the brain of hateful millionaire. As the brain gains power the millionaire's evil personality takes over the scientist. As Joe Dante points out in Trailers from Hell, it's unusual for the period, to have a capitalist villain, which makes this stand out from the usual commie bashing crowd. Lew Ayres is excellent in a dual personality role, the B&W photography is sharp and the film has interesting characters. Very light on action but still kept me interested.

Demoncrat 4th February 2020 07:17 PM

Paranormal Activity 6: Ghost Dimension (Gregory Plotkin)

Yeah, you can all stop laughing at the back. I get it, if your franchise makes it this far, all bets are off usually cough Michael. But at least there's a happy ending. :rolleyes::laugh:
The vaguest whiff of Howard wafts over this, as tis slightly reminiscent of a plot device he was fond of cough Thing On The Doorstep.
Nae that it's any great addition to CINEMA of course. :lol:

Plus the initial "eeeeeeek!" bit was somewhat deflated by 'it' looking like shitey game graphics cough.
Ahem. Not recommended.
Watch Noroi instead. It's creepy as flip.

trebor8273 4th February 2020 07:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOPEn8f9cA

a huge robot appears and starts destroying everything in its path , after the military manage to destroy it a UFO appears the aliens on board demand land and also as many women as they want to breed with, this doesn't sit to well with the people of the earth and plans are set in motion to get rid of the intergalactic pervs. 7/10

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9hWU_7DNk

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 07:49 PM

Team America: world Police. 2004.

A broadway actor is hired by a counter terrorist unit.

Fom the makers of South Park, you know what to expect, a lot of adult humor, violence and sex and a bunch of celebrities. It does take a bad sense of humor (like most of us have on here) to enjoy this as it can be offensive as this is like Thunderbirds that's not for kids. As much as i laughed and got the hiccups, only one part i didn't like was the broadway song at the start.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th February 2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 619904)
Team America: world Police. 2004.

only one part i didn't like was the broadway song at the start.

You should watch Rent. I thought the song was funny when I first saw Team America but it was even better when I understood the parody and reference point for that song.

MrBarlow 4th February 2020 10:41 PM

Shogun Assassin. 1980.

A master samurai and his infant son warrior embark on a road of being assassin and hunter by a shogun who is paranoid, while seeking revenge for his wife's murder.

Combined with parts from the Lone Wolf and Cub series, Tomisamburo Wakayama plays the vengeful Lone Wolf who has a hidden cache of other weapons on his son's cart which his son Daigoro uses as well. Robert Houston (bobby from The Hills Have Eyes 1977) done a decent job picking out the best bits seemingly from the series and combining them together with plenty of blood splatter and head splitting sequences and a mixture of weapon fighting.

gag 4th February 2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 619918)
Shogun Assassin. 1980.

A master samurai and his infant son warrior embark on a road of being assassin and hunter by a shogun who is paranoid, while seeking revenge for his wife's murder.

Combined with parts from the Lone Wolf and Cub series, Tomisamburo Wakayama plays the vengeful Lone Wolf who has a hidden cache of other weapons on his son's cart which his son Daigoro uses as well. Robert Houston (bobby from The Hills Have Eyes 1977) done a decent job picking out the best bits seemingly from the series and combining them together with plenty of blood splatter and head splitting sequences and a mixture of weapon fighting.

All 6 films are masterpieces , I'm now trying to find a way to watch original TV series, Not the manga.

Nordicdusk 5th February 2020 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222408

Mothra,Rodan,King Ghidorah and of course Godzilla go head to head to destroy or save humanity but sadly people with their own agenda keep getting in the way :rolleyes:

The story is pretty generic a family torn apart brought together by the love of their child people doing wrong and having a change of heart halfway through just in time to redeem themselves. People sacrificing their lives for the greater good and a military group gone rouge unleashing the monsters on the world.

This reminds me of the first Pacific Rim fantastic action but bogged down by pointless human drama. I don't expect amazing story here but they need to divide the time properly between monster action and the human side.

Great action great visual that will do :clap:

6/10

Dave Boy 5th February 2020 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222409
THEM (1954)

The race is on to find two gigantic queen ants that survived the destruction of a nest in the desert. The trail leads to the storm drains in Los Angeles..

A special showing this time for me. Before mum passed she was going to watch the film with me. It was always a favourite of hers. Mum saw it at the cinema on it's original release. She always mentioned the sound the ants made.
So last night I watched the movie, and I know that mum was watching it with me.

Mojo 5th February 2020 04:04 PM

ORPHANS
Peter Mullan’s late 90s film set in Scotland, details the aftermath of their mother’s death on three brothers and their sister in Indicator’s latest Blu Ray release.
Kicking off with a fight in the pub on the night, the whole thing spirals in chaotic fashion for each family member as they try to come to terms with their grief and situations. Sad, dark, hilarious and outright bizarre in places, this astonishing film is dotted with loads of dark humour - utterly compelling and brilliant.
Mullan’s equally dark short films included here are also well worth checking out, as is an excellent reunion between the original cast. Highly recommended.

EDGE OF THE AXE
Jose Larraz brings us a by the numbers slasher, ‘updated’ to the 80s with some nerd with a big clunky computer.
The killer’s mask is creepy and there are a couple of gory murders, but apart from that, the whole thing is flat and lifeless. Hard to believe this is the same guy who brought us such gems as VAMPYRES, SYMPTOMS et al. No wonder is wasn’t included on a ‘ best of’ boxset.
Still hoping for a vol 2 set though. DEVIATION, SCREAM AND DIE, ESTIGMA maybe?

gag 5th February 2020 04:19 PM

Just thought I'd post this here lowest rating films on rotten tomatoes so low there zero.

https://www.directexpose.com/rotten-...s-lowest-rated

Do you agree ?

Most I haven't seem tbh but staying alive zero that's a bit harsh while Its no classic its not bad tbh.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th February 2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 619945)
Just thought I'd post this here lowest rating films on rotten tomatoes so low there zero.

https://www.directexpose.com/rotten-...s-lowest-rated

Do you agree ?

Most I haven't seem tbh but staying alive zero that's a bit harsh while Its no classic its not bad tbh.

This is not the place to discuss the merits or otherwise of films which have been critically panned, just the ones that (as the title suggests) you have seen recently.

:focus:

Nostalgic 5th February 2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 619777)
I only been on here 3 years nearly and a few times i have had a bit of stick with what i have posted up and just laughed it off, even now i still laugh, this is one place where everyone seems to band together and be there for each other. I can relate to depression, anxiety, 17 years ago i could have lost my life due to a stabbing, was told two millimeters deeper and i could have had some serious problems and i sank down and kept everything bottled in to the point of being told i was useless, pathetic, waste of space and suicide was an answer for me. Never bottle things in as it will eat away open up, we are all a good band of folks here.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for their support, I've had a lot of problems & have just started back on antidepressants (they seem to help even me out) and work plus family are difficult to juggle, i find it hard to concentrate on movies/books now as so much else going on so tend to stick to stuff I know.

I am/have been suicidal, and I don't feel judged on here. I'm trying to livemy best life & give my wife & son the life they deserve.

Love to all, and thank you once again for reading/listening.

Rik 5th February 2020 06:20 PM

I watched mother! this aft for the first time on Netflix, boring rip-off of Rosemary’s Baby 2/5

trebor8273 5th February 2020 08:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG5oXCycoAo

A unhinged doctor with the help of his mentally challenged henchmen , kidnaps young woman to try and bring his dead wife back to life. Enjoyable and at a little over a hour it's over before it begins, good performance from Lugosi as the insane doctor. 6/10

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zxr-Y-5YyA

troggi 5th February 2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 619949)
I just want to say thank you to everyone for their support, I've had a lot of problems & have just started back on antidepressants (they seem to help even me out) and work plus family are difficult to juggle, i find it hard to concentrate on movies/books now as so much else going on so tend to stick to stuff I know.

I am/have been suicidal, and I don't feel judged on here. I'm trying to livemy best life & give my wife & son the life they deserve.

Love to all, and thank you once again for reading/listening.

The folk on here are good people and will always rally around you. Friends, even "virtual" ones are hard to come by and hard to lose if you treat 'em right but you don't treat a friend right by keeping quiet about what's hurting you.

By opening up you have gained more respect than you can possibly know and the right to be helped by others. If you feel that the best way to heal is to talk to everyone then do it. You will be heard and, hopefully, helped.

You can also talk privately to many of the members, many of whom have also had traumatic times, and they will also listen and help if they can. Please remember, though, that we are only laymen and cannot give definitive solutions.

Demoncrat 5th February 2020 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Reality (Quentin Dupieux)

Finally got to see this. More shocked that there have been two more since. The list never ends ......

Ahem.
Director decides to see how far he can stretch his credibility and their credulity. OR metatextual smorgasbord reflecting on the place of narrative fiction in today's climate? :lol:;)
Needs a return, but then his all do. Word. :thumb::