Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th June 2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 248083)
But wouldn't that have been a crap ending too? Engineer goes back to ship and sits down. THE END (but its good cuz it spells out wot we saw in Alien see?!). Why would he go back and sit in the pilot seat of his wrecked ship anyhoo? I admire Scott for not taking the needless continuity route (Red Dragon is the worst for that) . . .

[spoiler]It's all a moot point anyway, since it's not the same ship or planet.They just have a terrible habit of wreching their ships. :lol:[/spoiler]

antmumford 6th June 2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 248086)
[spoiler]It's all a moot point anyway, since it's not the same ship or planet.They just have a terrible habit of wreching their ships. :lol:[/spoiler]

Those spoiler tags don't work on this forum. Is there an alternative SPOILER tag that we can use on here?

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th June 2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 248090)
Those spoiler tags don't work on this forum. Is there an alternative SPOILER tag that we can use on here?

That's weird, they work on the tapatalk app. Very strange.

Hawkmonger 6th June 2012 08:01 AM

Show me the directors cut, Mr Scott, and I'd be happy to change my mind.
And it occured to me last night that the Octopussy was actualy a primative Face-Hugger. This doesn't change my opinion on then ending.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 248090)

This is the code (only withoutthe initial space):

[ spoiler=what the spoiler refers to]The spoiler itself[/spoiler]

So it would work like this:

SPOILER:
Bruce Willis' character is dead

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th June 2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 248109)

SPOILER:

Completely weird way to do it if you ask me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 248110)
Completely weird way to do it if you ask me.

I suppose doing it that way would mean you can have specific spoilers about certain parts of the film under discussion so, talking about Prometheus, you could have a spoiler about David, a spoiler about the ending, a spoiler about Peter Weyland, a spoiler about Vickers etc without putting everything into one huge spoiler box.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th June 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 248112)
I suppose doing it that way would mean you can have specific spoilers about certain parts of the film under discussion so, talking about Prometheus, you could have a spoiler about David, a spoiler about the ending, a spoiler about Peter Weyland, a spoiler about Vickers etc without putting everything into one huge spoiler box.

That's very true. Wish someone had told me it wasn't working when I posted my first one. :)

Gojirosan 6th June 2012 10:47 AM

SPOILER:
It sucks

Susan Foreman 6th June 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 248109)

SPOILER:

Bloody hell

I HAD to click on it, didn't I!!!!