Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

artisturn 28th June 2012 03:12 AM

Pathfinder (Theatrical Version) (2007)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2012 10:06 AM

I've been to the cinema twice this week to see Chernobyl Diaries and Rad Lights, both of which could have been better, but made the time pass very quickly and were well made.

Oren Peli's film (okay, he didn't direct, but produce, wrote the story and co-wrote the screenplay) is as close to a found footage film as you'll get without it being found footage. It says something about him that the most effective sequence, albeit a short one, is actually found footage and the cast of, Nathan Phillips from Wolf Creek aside, unknowns, impress and the location shooting in Serbia is outstanding.

If you've seen The Prestige and/or The Illusionist, the ending of Red Lights won't, in all likelihood, catch you off guard, but it's very well acted – even by De Niro in a supporting role – and will stand up to another viewing.

PaulD 28th June 2012 11:17 AM

Watched Tromeo and Juliet last night at Newcastle's grossly under-rated Star and Shadow cinema, as part of their Alternative Shakespeare season. I'm a big Troma fan so had seen the film before (it was actually my bluray the cinema were projecting meaning I got in for free with a +1. Rock and roll!*) but it was such an enjoyable experience seeing it on the big screen with a group of people all laughing and wincing in unison.

*the bluray I'd actually purchased from Pete last year, so thanks Pete!

Scyther 28th June 2012 03:57 PM

Watched Lady Terminator and Bianchi's La Moglie di mio padre aka My Father's Wifelast night. Over the top Indonesian ridiculousness for the former and sleazy melodrama on the latter. :)

Slippery Jack 28th June 2012 04:01 PM

Dust Devil

Well it had some amazing imagery (loved the sand flooded cinema!), but it was all a bit plodding, and the raft of stilted performances I found pretty painful. I remember I wasn't keen on Hardware either, don't think Richard Stanley (who I always confuse with Philip Ridley) is my cuppa tea . . .

Hamicus 28th June 2012 04:34 PM

I tried watching the Wizard Of Gore remake but failed. It was just too bad !

Susan Foreman 28th June 2012 06:07 PM

I watch 'Revenge of the Cheerleaders' this morning

Does anyone know why the target audience for this film is? I mean, the copious amount of nudity (male and female, including The Hoff's willy) suggests it's aimed as adults, but the comedy is so childish and immature, a child would find it unfunny

Hawkmonger 28th June 2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 253851)
I watch 'Revenge of the Cheerleaders' this morning

Does anyone know why the target audience for this film is? I mean, the copious amount of nudity (male and female, including The Hoff's willy) suggests it's aimed as adults, but the comedy is so childish and immature, a child would find it unfunny

Can you guess why I like it?:lol:

Baseball Fury 28th June 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 253871)
Can you guess why I like it?:lol:

Hoff's willy?

Hawkmonger 28th June 2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 253889)
Hoff's willy?

:pound: