Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th June 2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 253232)
My only issue was with the blue & orange colour scheme which was overdone and a little nausea inducing. It was so well shot otherwise. I can't help but wonder if black & white might have improved things - the colour tinted Méliès clips would really have hit home then.

That's an interesting point, but I felt the lush colour scheme added to the almost fairytale aspect of the film and heightened the adventure side of the story.

When I saw it at the cinema, I hadn't seen A Trip to the Moon, but bought the BD as soon as it was available to pre-order and have seen it about three times now, with the hand-painted colours looking remarkably good and effective.

Gojirosan 26th June 2012 11:43 AM

I now want to find and watch this Corpse Mania flick.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th June 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 253276)
I now want to find and watch this Corpse Mania flick.

There's one new on Amazon Marketplace. :)

Gojirosan 26th June 2012 11:50 AM

Cheers! Let's hope it's still there on Friday!

:lol:

mercury 26th June 2012 07:28 PM

Wizard of Gore (2007)......Not much to say but : Greetings and Salutations:)

SharonLynette 26th June 2012 09:06 PM

Streamed "The Burning" (1981) through lovefilm Sunday night. A pretty decent slasher but I do love a bit of camp horror :happy: although nothing beats Sleepaway Camp for that.

Nordicdusk 26th June 2012 09:35 PM

Capturing The Friedmans

Just watched this online. Wow pretty messed up.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th June 2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 253427)
Streamed "The Burning" (1981) through lovefilm Sunday night. A pretty decent slasher but I do love a bit of camp horror :happy: although nothing beats Sleepaway Camp for that.

I'm partial to Rituals, myself ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th June 2012 10:04 PM

Watched the mess that is Wes Craven's My Soul To Take.

There is so much wrong with it and very little right.

Terrible acting which isn't helped by the poor script and awful characterisation. The only decent thing was the occasional gory scene. But this is one poor film.

I think Craven needs to see that film Scream he could learn something from it.

Demoncrat 27th June 2012 11:21 AM

Attack Of The Herbals (David Ryan Keith)
A cheeky wee tale of capitalism gone mad, as local misfits try to save their picturesque village from the grasping hands of a property developer....by selling something they find floating at the shore cough cough.;)
This is not a Ken Loach film btw!!
With nods to Braindead, Evil Dead and a few others inbetween, this is a great wee effort to be taken in the spirit twas intended.....