Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

bdc 13th August 2012 06:34 PM

I really need to get "Best Worst Movie"...big fan of Troll 2.

Hawkmonger 13th August 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 265777)
I really need to get "Best Worst Movie"...big fan of Troll 2.

For me it's one of the best documentary's for one of the two 'Best-Worst' movies.
Troll 2 is just snipped at the bud of truelly wonderfully terrible by The Howling 3: The Marsupials.

Make Them Die Slowly 13th August 2012 10:51 PM

"Tucker and Dale Vs Evil". Not the type of thing I'd normally watch but I picked it up cheap in Morrisons when shopping today. It's really good and subverts the hillbilly killer sub-genre rather nicely. Not as funny as "Wrong Turn 3".

Frankie Teardrop 13th August 2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 265893)
"Tucker and Dale Vs Evil". Not the type of thing I'd normally watch but I picked it up cheap in Morrisons when shopping today. It's really good and subverts the hillbilly killer sub-genre rather nicely. Not as funny as "Wrong Turn 3".

I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it's the sort of film I'd normally be moved to dismiss due to outward appearances. Might give it a go now.

Make Them Die Slowly 13th August 2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 265901)
I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it's the sort of film I'd normally be moved to dismiss due to outward appearances. Might give it a go now.

I normally wouldn't bother either but along with my Danny Dyer obsession, I've recently become intrigued by all the horror films I see going cheap in supermarkets. Apart from me, I've never seen anyone buy one and the shelves are full of them, so there must be a market for cheap direct to DVD films. It feels oddly transgressive watching them instead of a steady diet of sleaze and weirdness.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th August 2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 265705)
After a busy weekend of gigs and the London 2012 closing ceremony, I finally got round to watching Thriller:A Cruel Picture(They Call Her One Eye) last night. I've gotta say it wasn't as shocking as I expected and not nearly as bad as ISOYG. I enjoyed it though and will definitely watch it again, maybe next time with the original Swedish audio(I was too tired to read subs last night).

Was that the XXX release with the hard-core sex inserts? I have that one just found them to be really weird and distracting as there's nothing quite like the rear view of someone's scrotum to take you out of the moment!

Baseball Fury 14th August 2012 10:00 AM

After a weekend where the little man only wanted to sit on the sofa and cuddle up with films, resulting in me watching Monsters Inc. (looks lovely on BD) 4 times, Tarzan (lovely sharp HD transfer, but fluctuating brightness in dark scenes) 3 times and Handy Manny's Motorcycle Adventure more times than I care to count, I went to the cinema last night and watched The Bourne Legacy. It was pretty average to be honest. The action scenes were pretty good, it had the obligatory Bourne car chase and Renner was as good as he always is, but everything else was a bit flat. Ed Norton's character seemed to be "Jack's Stressed CIA Director" in a lazy performance straight from Fight Club, Rachel Weisz was generic and ultimately, the story didn't really have a story. Will there be a sequel? Maybe. Will there be a prequel? Maybe. Will I care? Probably not.

Demoncrat 14th August 2012 10:37 AM

Watched the old Momentum release of They Live. Still relevant to this day, and anyone who disagrees is an agent of Control....:nod:

James Morton 14th August 2012 12:13 PM

saw some of JACKIE BROWN but as before got bored with this film, too much talking, what you'd expect from Tarantino anyway and def not one of his best

turned over and saw the very funny AUSTIN POWERS - INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY, the visual gaga were hilarious

g053584398 14th August 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 265926)
Watched the old Momentum release of They Live. Still relevant to this day, and anyone who disagrees is an agent of Control....:nod:

Definitely. But most people are too blind to notice.