Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 7th June 2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 248344)
now i've just had the interesting news that my local (haha) cinema of note is showing Quatermass & The Pit (AND Plague of the Zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) shortly. :dance::rockon::bounce:

Yeah I got Plague of Zombies up on tuesday in Brum :cool:

FULL LIST OF SCREENINGS NATIONWIDE!

Slippery Jack 7th June 2012 09:58 AM

...just noticed, EVERYONE has Plague of Zombies up on tuesday :doh: . . .

Demoncrat 7th June 2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 248353)
Yeah I got Plague of Zombies up on tuesday in Brum :cool:

FULL LIST OF SCREENINGS NATIONWIDE!

Wow, 2 cinemas showing the same films :laugh: wonder how the cineworld audience will fare.....tempted to go to insane lengths (ie send mate to one, i go to other hahahaha)

Slippery Jack 7th June 2012 10:07 AM

Hmmm. Crappy Cineworld site doesn't seem to have any mention of it :mmph: Maybe the whole system goes down if they try and advertise a vintage no-CGI 2D film :confused: . . .

Hawkmonger 7th June 2012 10:55 AM

Have you checked in the coming soon section mr Jack?
I can assure you it's there.
I'm gonna be there myself, busy day at the cinema Tuesday, what with Plague AND Jaw's opening on the same day.
Looking forward to Quatermass and the Pit also. :dance:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th June 2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 248259)
I appologise on all 3 accounts but this doesnt change my opinion what-so-ever.
I was led to believe it was an Alien prequal by Mr Scott himself despite all his question dodging and tongue twisting, and he did not deliver the good's.
Yes, it was enourmasly fun that we got to find the history of the Space Jokey but jog on, I wanted to find out where the Xenomorph's originated.
I'll still go and see any sequal that anyone chuck's out there.:rockon:

Ridley Scott sat out to make a prequel to Alien, but changed his mind and decided to make a stand-alone film set within the same futuristic universe as his seminal 1979 film took place.

Slippery Jack 7th June 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 248360)
Have you checked in the coming soon section mr Jack?
I can assure you it's there.

Um, oh yeah ... so it is :blush: . . .

damek 7th June 2012 02:26 PM

I watched "House" with Michael Madsen, and it was a ****ing horrible unoriginal piece of shit that never got scary, just mildly less annoying in certain scenes than others. I knew this as soon as they entered the building......

I have no idea which movies the ideas they used in this movie were stolen from (my memory is not so good at times), but they were indeed copied.

Furthermore. I could not get a good download of this piece of shit -yes, I said it! I wanted to download a (this) movie- so I bought it from someone online for 3 euro incl postage.

It's worth like 2 cents though. The entertainment value is about that. Conclusion: this is total garbage, and I believe it got like a 5,x(see below) on imdb, but trust me: unless you like boring shit youve seen many times before, executed in a very mediocre manner, don't ever watch it.

Correction: the rating is 4.8

Gojirosan 7th June 2012 03:05 PM

MegaFault - 2009 US TV d: David Michael Latt

Perfectly entertaining but clunky and mawkish low budget disaster flick from The Asylum for SyFy. Full of Bad Science, which I LOVE in films. A very sad part of it was that this was one of Brittany Murphy's last films and she looked awful in it - skeletally skinny, botoxed and collagened into a wax duckface, and generally unwell looking. :(

re.form 7th June 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 248371)
Ridley Scott sat out to make a prequel to Alien, but changed his mind and decided to make a stand-alone film set within the same futuristic universe as his seminal 1979 film took place.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm putting SPOILERS just to cover my own back. There's not really spoilers here.

Just wanted to say that the films is a DIRECT prequel to Alien. You'll know why when you see it. It is not a stand alone film.