Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

jim corrupt 11th June 2009 03:47 PM

picked up a couple of pre certs from my local charity shop

Stryker
and
The Killing Hour (cut box in a clamshell :()

Gold6082 11th June 2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 30649)
Bought in the town on monday...

Bought second hand

Million dollar baby-£3
Mr.brooks-£3
Shoot em up-£1

From hmv

Last house on the left-3 discer-£8
Shadow:dead riot-£7
Jethro 3 disc box set-£10
Days of darkness-£

Not a bad haul!:)

What Happened was you got a bastard good bargain Bastard Bargain,Bargain bastard bet that guy he was worse than you!! :rofl:

well done good finds

Gold6082 11th June 2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 30668)
Just checked on the BBFC ebsite.
SHADOW DEAD RIOT is on the HIGH FLIERS label.
I didn't know it was on dvd over here either, but I have the R1 2xdisc on the MEDAI BLASTERS label...brilliant zombie horror!

That is 3 of us. :o

Sam 12th June 2009 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up 'The Black Panther' on VHS from a Charity Shop. Never heard of it but the lurid artwork drew me in (I think some of it was ripped off from 'House of Whipchord - or the other way round!) Has anyone ever seen/heard of it??

vincenzo 12th June 2009 11:53 AM

I have it on video somewhere. A good, mean little film about Donald Neilson (the post office burglar who shot 3 postmasters and kidnapped/murdered Lesley Whittle in a drainage shaft).

Donald Sumpter is excellent in the role.

gag 12th June 2009 11:57 AM

I went with my partner to watch ..Drag me to hell..
As we was walking in she asked me what are we watching ..i said drag me to and as i said hell she stop and i walked in to her..i said sorry love.

We got to the counter and she said to the assistant 2 for drag me to hell sorry love .... The bloke smirked and for fun he said sorry what did u say she replied 2 for drag me to hell sorry love, by now i was pissing my sides laughing :rofl:.. and she couldnt understand y..until i explain it ....she said ithought it was a strange title for a film... so she asked y i said sorry love and i explain she went bright red.. :o.. and apologised to the assistant he said dont worry u amused me and cheered me up...

Any how the film was pretty rubbish realy but i give it credit for 1 thing in some parts its extremely funny as hell..exscuse the pun.
Id even go to say i laughed more watching this than any comedy that been made for absolutely yrs...or is it just me that thinks there hasnt been a decent comedy for well over 5yrs, no matter what comedies they make they just arent funny..

Gold6082 12th June 2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 30808)
I went with my partner to watch ..Drag me to hell..
As we was walking in she asked me what are we watching ..i said drag me to and as i said hell she stop and i walked in to her..i said sorry love.

We got to the counter and she said to the assistant 2 for drag me to hell sorry love .... The bloke smirked and for fun he said sorry what did u say she replied 2 for drag me to hell sorry love, by now i was pissing my sides laughing :rofl:.. and she couldnt understand y..until i explain it ....she said ithought it was a strange title for a film... so she asked y i said sorry love and i explain she went bright red.. :o.. and apologised to the assistant he said dont worry u amused me and cheered me up...

Any how the film was pretty rubbish realy but i give it credit for 1 thing in some parts its extremely funny as hell..exscuse the pun.
Id even go to say i laughed more watching this than any comedy that been made for absolutely yrs...or is it just me that thinks there hasnt been a decent comedy for well over 5yrs, no matter what comedies they make they just arent funny..

LMAO bless her :rofl:

I still have not seen it, it is interesting to hear views as many seem to think it is the best thing since the year dot.

gag 12th June 2009 03:11 PM

Oh and another thing in drag me to Hell
About a hr in to the film she drops everything in the car and from then on wards rest of the film is predictable...well i thought so anyway

mark meakin 12th June 2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 30839)
Oh and another thing in drag me to Hell
About a hr in to the film she drops everything in the car and from then on wards rest of the film is predictable...well i thought so anyway

My brother saw it & said it was the worst film he'd ever seen.This was months after seeing Watchman which he said was the worst film he'd ever seen & a good year after seeing 30 Days Of Night which he said was once again the worst film he'd seen:confused:.Mind you he said Star Trek was "Fantastic !"

mark meakin 12th June 2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 30806)
I have it on video somewhere. A good, mean little film about Donald Neilson (the post office burglar who shot 3 postmasters and kidnapped/murdered Lesley Whittle in a drainage shaft).

Donald Sumpter is excellent in the role.

Yes a grim little effort made only shortly after the events which did not go down well.