Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Gold6082 9th June 2009 03:07 PM

All Vipco Dvds are bad quality I expected nothing Less, But agree.

Yes the Dvd is The Donald P version of Alone in the dark.

The Dentist II is the region 1 release is this also cut?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th June 2009 05:16 PM

The more I've thought about MARTYRS today,and it is a film that stays with you,yes,the backplot is original.I was expecting some sort of HOSTEL gang to be behind it all......I'll say no more,for the uninitiated.....;)

gag 9th June 2009 07:45 PM

Just watched robocop triology 1st one was ok in its days 2nd soso 3rd just plain pants... but y was peter weller not in 3rd 1
Also heard there making a remake

Also read some where a lot of wes craven films are being remade night mare on elm st, ppl under the stairs, serpent and rainbow.shocker etc etc ....and heard that david cronenberg videodrome is as well......is the film industry realy running out of ideas that they just constantly churning out remakes or sequels just 4 the hell of it???

Mojo 10th June 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 30321)
I watched Red Sands (2009) from Alex Turner the director of the creepy Dead Birds.I did'nt enjoy it.Very slow,not very atmospheric considering the location & the CGI is poor.A huge disappointment.

I really liked Dead Birds and was looking forward to Red Sands, but I think I'll give it a miss now. You've saved me a few quid there, mark ;)

Make Them Die Slowly 10th June 2009 09:38 PM

A stack of trash came in the post today.
Blackenstein
Seytan(the Turkish take on the Excorcist)
C.H.U.D.
Dead End Drive-In
Cut and Run.

Recently watched the documentary "Not Quite Hollywood" about Australian exploitation cinema.It covers sex,horror and action films and is well worth a look.

spooks 10th June 2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 30601)
Recently watched the documentary "Not Quite Hollywood" about Australian exploitation cinema.It covers sex,horror and action films and is well worth a look.

Indeed, saw 'not quite hollywood' the other week and thought it was rather good. Though it did make me rent howling 3.

Make Them Die Slowly 10th June 2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooks (Post 30603)
Indeed, saw 'not quite hollywood' the other week and thought it was rather good. Though it did make me rent howling 3.

I've just come out in a cold sweat at the thought of watching "Howling 3" again.

vipco 10th June 2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 30474)
All Vipco Dvds are bad quality I expected nothing Less, But agree.

Yes the Dvd is The Donald P version of Alone in the dark.

The Dentist II is the region 1 release is this also cut?

I find VIPCO to be a highly respectable company who refuse to put a DVD out till its near BluRay quality.

Gold6082 11th June 2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 30607)
I find VIPCO to be a highly respectable company who refuse to put a DVD out till its near BluRay quality.

:rofl:;) As much As I love Vipco's Catalogue and enjoy watching them, I don't think they are HD quality Just yet :p.Shame they went tits up I used to love going on horrorvideo.com and seeing what i had left to collect now I ain't flaming sure how many as there was a huge catalogue at one point. And I have the misfortune to own the really well though out versions the masterpieces of artwork with gold letters rather than Vaults for many titles, the imagination the effort :D:p

Gold6082 11th June 2009 10:33 AM

I have now recieved in the post Dolly Dearest to put in my too watch pile

Also got "Salvage" never seen it but it looks very good and i read a fair whack of reviews before buying.

Bad Seed the 1956 Rarity only £4 usually people want stupid money for that.

Deathdream,Dentist II (R1),Autopsy,Sleepaway Camp IV,from a whisper to a scream,Black Sabbath,The Killer Must Kill Again,Boogeyman,Trauma due in next 48 hours

which should jump this weekends pile?