Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

MrBarlow 19th September 2022 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All Deceased...Except The Dead. 1977.

I'm sure we are all familiar with Pupi Avati's House Of the Laughing Windows and Zeder: Revenge Of The Dead, they may not be for everyone but some people including me find them interesting. If you are looking for a serious horror/Giallo film...then look away from this one.

A man has to sell a certain amount of books and heads to the writer who is dead in his mansion, he is encouraged to stay but the body count is mounting and the investigating officer has no clue who the suspect is.

I'm guessing the studio wanted Peter Sellers for the role and got a lookalike, their version Seter Pellers to play the book seller with a assortment of strange characters, there is a dwarf maid who looks like she should be in Venice in a rain coat. This is like a homage to the dark house horror movies but with laughs added in, the murder scenes are way too comical.

Attachment 242261

The New 88 Blu-ray has Italian audio and English subtitles

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2022 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Hills Have Eyes Part II (1985)

People mock this film because the dog, Beast, has flashbacks to the first film.

A film he was in, in fact a film he was bloody heroic in and did as much as any human to fend off the hillside cannibals.

Besides why shouldn't he have flashbacks? He's the best actor in this. Give him something to do other than rip throats out of cannibals.

Even though this is widely derided it's a film i've grown to love over the years. Sure it's a cheap quickie thrown out by a then struggling Wes Craven. But you know. It's exploitation cinema after all. I might as well enjoy being exploited.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 676125)
All Deceased...Except The Dead. 1977.

I'm sure we are all familiar with Pupi Avati's House Of the Laughing Windows and Zeder: Revenge Of The Dead, they may not be for everyone but some people including me find them interesting. If you are looking for a serious horror/Giallo film...then look away from this one.

A man has to sell a certain amount of books and heads to the writer who is dead in his mansion, he is encouraged to stay but the body count is mounting and the investigating officer has no clue who the suspect is.

I'm guessing the studio wanted Peter Sellers for the role and got a lookalike, their version Seter Pellers to play the book seller with a assortment of strange characters, there is a dwarf maid who looks like she should be in Venice in a rain coat. This is like a homage to the dark house horror movies but with laughs added in, the murder scenes are way too comical.

Attachment 242261

The New 88 Blu-ray has Italian audio and English subtitles

One question!

Did you like it?

MrBarlow 19th September 2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676127)
One question!

Did you like it?

Yeah it was different than what I expected it to be and would merrit a second viewing

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 676128)
Yeah it was different than what I expected it to be and would merrit a second viewing

Does it have a booklet/ poster/ cards with it?

MrBarlow 19th September 2022 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676129)
Does it have a booklet/ poster/ cards with it?

It has a small booklet describing the film but haven't read through it yet.

Attachment 242263

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 676130)
It has a small booklet describing the film but haven't read through it yet.

Attachment 242263

Oh boy. It looks bad. Haha!

MrBarlow 19th September 2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676131)
Oh boy. It looks bad. Haha!

A bit like Troll 2, so bad it's good catergory:pound:

MacBlayne 19th September 2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 676084)
CRIMES OF THE FUTURE

Attachment 242239

Went to see this at the cinema last night, noticed it finally arrived locally so was right on it, never seen a Cronenberg film at the cinema and never thought he'd go back to his roots after his recent films, so was hyped for this.

I really enjoyed it, if enjoyed is the word for a film featuring the murder and autopsy of a young kid, tattooed internal organs, mutant body parts and sexy surgery.

It's kind of a Cronenberg compendium, mixing in so many of his subjects from his early sci-fi horror output, mutated organs, inanimate objects that are organic hybrids, surgery, tv screens and media manipulation, and underground organisations.

Attachment 242237

It's a slow moving, well acted, meditative piece that is heavy with intelligent dialogue and philosophical ideas, there's a lot of talk but i found it involving and fascinating. like a lot of Cronenberg films it moves at a slow steady pace building up atmosphere and mood.

I read some other peoples reviews when i got home and was digesting the film, norms seem to comment that it is building up to not much pay off, but that is the nature of a lot of Cronenberg films, like Naked Lunch, Dead Ringers, leaving us on a ponderous moment that leaves us thinking, rather than the excesses of Shivers, Scanners or the gun violence of Videodrome.

Indeed considering the plunge headfirst into the body that Crimes of the Future is there is hardly any actual splatter, Cronenberg views the body as complex, beautiful and fascinating but also disturbing.
Decay and pain is a big focus of the film with pain being almost a thing of the past, except for Viggo's character who uses the aforementioned Cronenbergian devices for pain relief.

Attachment 242238

Anyway there you go, I thought it was really good, and there's a fair bit of nudity thrown in which shows along with the subject matter that DC is still not afraid to bare his soul, it's just as f***ed up as Crash or Videodrome, the only thing that's changed are the censors and general public as it's just as controversial.
Easily my favourite film of his since Existenz.

8/10 :pop2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAnQIs_kAs

I was already hyped for this, but your review has made me more excited. I can't wait to watch this some day.

My first, and only, Cronenberg at the cinema was Eastern Promises. I liked it fair enough at the time, but thought it was lacking compared to A History of Violence.

Rewatching them years later reversed my opinion. AHoV is very good, but doesn't have much insight to say beyond "we're all capable of brutality." Cronenberg's direction and the acting elevate a solid, if basic screenplay.

EP is stunning. What happened was, I initially read
SPOILER:
Mortensen's undercover cop as a tragic hero, sacrificing his identity to take down the baddies. And while that is still there, what I noticed on rewatch was that Mortensen kinda likes it. He can engage in debased behaviour, but still say it's for the greater good. By the end, he is in a position of power. Only question is, will he do good, or exploit it to suit his inner depravity?

Demoncrat 20th September 2022 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 676084)
CRIMES OF THE FUTURE

Attachment 242239

Went to see this at the cinema last night, noticed it finally arrived locally so was right on it, never seen a Cronenberg film at the cinema and never thought he'd go back to his roots after his recent films, so was hyped for this.

I really enjoyed it, if enjoyed is the word for a film featuring the murder and autopsy of a young kid, tattooed internal organs, mutant body parts and sexy surgery.

It's kind of a Cronenberg compendium, mixing in so many of his subjects from his early sci-fi horror output, mutated organs, inanimate objects that are organic hybrids, surgery, tv screens and media manipulation, and underground organisations.

Attachment 242237

It's a slow moving, well acted, meditative piece that is heavy with intelligent dialogue and philosophical ideas, there's a lot of talk but i found it involving and fascinating. like a lot of Cronenberg films it moves at a slow steady pace building up atmosphere and mood.

I read some other peoples reviews when i got home and was digesting the film, norms seem to comment that it is building up to not much pay off, but that is the nature of a lot of Cronenberg films, like Naked Lunch, Dead Ringers, leaving us on a ponderous moment that leaves us thinking, rather than the excesses of Shivers, Scanners or the gun violence of Videodrome.

Indeed considering the plunge headfirst into the body that Crimes of the Future is there is hardly any actual splatter, Cronenberg views the body as complex, beautiful and fascinating but also disturbing.
Decay and pain is a big focus of the film with pain being almost a thing of the past, except for Viggo's character who uses the aforementioned Cronenbergian devices for pain relief.

Attachment 242238

Anyway there you go, I thought it was really good, and there's a fair bit of nudity thrown in which shows along with the subject matter that DC is still not afraid to bare his soul, it's just as f***ed up as Crash or Videodrome, the only thing that's changed are the censors and general public as it's just as controversial.
Easily my favourite film of his since Existenz.

8/10 :pop2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAnQIs_kAs

Solid review nos. I think I was still in shock when I posted mine tbh :lol::rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2022 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Warrior and the Sorceress (1984)

Note to self - This is nothing but a cheap medieval knock off of Fistful of Dollars with David Carradine in the Eastwood role.

Not only that, it's pretty shit.

YOU DO NOT NEED THIS ON BLU-RAY.

MrBarlow 22nd September 2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676251)
The Warrior and the Sorceress (1984)

Note to self - This is nothing but a cheap medieval knock off of Fistful of Dollars with David Carradine in the Eastwood role.

Not only that, it's pretty shit.

YOU DO NOT NEED THIS ON BLU-RAY.

Thanks for the heads up Dem

Demoncrat 23rd September 2022 09:24 PM

Bandit (2022, Allan Ungar)

True crime caper with the Gibson popping up every so often. Recommend this one. Likeable cast helps. :nod:

Daimajin
(1966, Kimiyoshi Yasuda)

First in a trilogy. Went round to mates to show him one (wait for it ... :rolleyes::lol:) and he put this on in return. From that new Arrow set. Bonny looking flick. One of the odder Kaiju flicks I've seen. Recommended also.

Scorpion Thunderbolt (1988, Godfrey Ho)

This is the one I brought. This is going on Boxing Day. To describe it would be pointless. This is the most Ho thing that I've ever seen (his trademark of sewing together films ... it's at a peak here).
Yes, Harrison pops up :nod::rolleyes::pound:, but at least this time he isn't wearing that silly headband ahem. Highly recommended.

Deadliest Prey (2013, David A Prior)

Yes, it's a sequel to Deadly Prey. Some might call it a rehash, but and? Ted Prior dons the shorts one more time. You'll laugh, cry and jump for joy all at the same time (this might have been the drink though :laugh:)
A hoot, for the same reasons the parent was. :nod:

Frankie Teardrop 24th September 2022 11:01 AM

AMULET – Semi-arthouse take on the occult about a solider whose life on sentry-post duties in the Balkans was disrupted by the arrival of a refugee and the appearance of an amulet. Adrift in London, he ends up in a strange household where a woman tends to her mysterious, attic-bound mother. Things get progressively weirder after the solider starts a relationship with daughter and starts to find bats in toilets etc. It’s hard to balance split narratives, but the two strands of ‘Amulet’ unravel elegantly enough – maybe a bit too elegantly, it’s a very slow and poised film and it can’t quite get beyond a slight ponderousness. Perhaps I was looking for something more stylistically oblique; that said, the imagery and atmospherics gradually simmer up a nicely claustrophobic feeling and build to a conclusion that makes a bizarre but not unwelcome leap into sci-fi body horror territory. A baffling pay-off for some maybe, but a satisfying end to a slow burn that might just get under your skin. Interesting debut and worth checking.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th September 2022 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A Challenge for Robin Hood (1967)

Hammer's final Robin Hood feature film and what a romp this is. The likable Barrie Ingham replaces Richard Greene as Robin Hood in a kind of origins story for the character, starting out a noble betrayed by his cousin over an inheritance and on the run with good friend Friar Tuck (James Hayter) where he meets Alan-a-Dale and his small band of outlaws hiding out in the forest.

What follows is an excellent swashbuckler which i enjoyed just as much as Sword of Sherwood Forest earlier in the week. Peter Blythe and John Arnatt make for excellent villains as the murderous Roger de Courtenay and devious Sheriff of Nottingham and the action is breezily directed by C. M. Pennington-Richards who i'd only previously known from light comedies such as Double Bunk (1961).

Whilst you can't really compare a film like this to more recent takes on Robin Hood i did notice that large swathes of Ridley Scott's 2010 Robin Hood film had been shall we say inspired by A Challenge for Robin Hood.

Hugely enjoyable. I'm absolutely delighted with my purchase of Indicator's Robin Hood at Hammer box set.

On forty nine minutes exactly there's one glaring anachronism in view. See if you spot it. (Actually if you watch it you really can't miss it)

Demoncrat 24th September 2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 676311)
AMULET – Semi-arthouse take on the occult about a solider whose life on sentry-post duties in the Balkans was disrupted by the arrival of a refugee and the appearance of an amulet. Adrift in London, he ends up in a strange household where a woman tends to her mysterious, attic-bound mother. Things get progressively weirder after the solider starts a relationship with daughter and starts to find bats in toilets etc. It’s hard to balance split narratives, but the two strands of ‘Amulet’ unravel elegantly enough – maybe a bit too elegantly, it’s a very slow and poised film and it can’t quite get beyond a slight ponderousness. Perhaps I was looking for something more stylistically oblique; that said, the imagery and atmospherics gradually simmer up a nicely claustrophobic feeling and build to a conclusion that makes a bizarre but not unwelcome leap into sci-fi body horror territory. A baffling pay-off for some maybe, but a satisfying end to a slow burn that might just get under your skin. Interesting debut and worth checking.

Noted! :nod: :hail::hail::hail::hail:

Dave Boy 24th September 2022 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 242313
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (1978)

Another movie from the archives that I had not watched in a long time.
The movie retains it power and its still pretty hard to watch the relentless attacks on Jennifer.
I remember when the video was banned, I was working in DIXONS at the time and someone who worked there managed to rent a copy from under the counter and we watched it on and off in the store!

Justin101 24th September 2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676312)
A Challenge for Robin Hood (1967)

Hammer's final Robin Hood feature film and what a romp this is. The likable Barrie Ingham replaces Richard Greene as Robin Hood in a kind of origins story for the character, starting out a noble betrayed by his cousin over an inheritance and on the run with good friend Friar Tuck (James Hayter) where he meets Alan-a-Dale and his small band of outlaws hiding out in the forest.

What follows is an excellent swashbuckler which i enjoyed just as much as Sword of Sherwood Forest earlier in the week. Peter Blythe and John Arnatt make for excellent villains as the murderous Roger de Courtenay and devious Sheriff of Nottingham and the action is breezily directed by C. M. Pennington-Richards who i'd only previously known from light comedies such as Double Bunk (1961).

Whilst you can't really compare a film like this to more recent takes on Robin Hood i did notice that large swathes of Ridley Scott's 2010 Robin Hood film had been shall we say inspired by A Challenge for Robin Hood.

Hugely enjoyable. I'm absolutely delighted with my purchase of Indicator's Robin Hood at Hammer box set.

On forty nine minutes exactly there's one glaring anachronism in view. See if you spot it. (Actually if you watch it you really can't miss it)

I enjoyed this a bit more than the other film actually, really fun! The cast was really good and the story, while a bit more traditional, was really engaging and exciting! James Hayter! :cool:

As for 49 mins, I did rewind it to make sure I saw what I thought I saw haha :lol:

Both look bloody fantastic in the Indicator box set and like you, I'm glad I took a gamble on two unseen films to buy it. 100% staying in my collection, will rewatch multiple times over the years I think.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th September 2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 676324)
I enjoyed this a bit more than the other film actually, really fun! The cast was really good and the story, while a bit more traditional, was really engaging and exciting! James Hayter! :cool:

As for 49 mins, I did rewind it to make sure I saw what I thought I saw haha :lol:

Both look bloody fantastic in the Indicator box set and like you, I'm glad I took a gamble on two unseen films to buy it. 100% staying in my collection, will rewatch multiple times over the years I think.

Plus it's every bit as sadistic as a Hammer horror. I'm pretty sure no child in a Hammer horror was ever hunted in the woods by someone with a crossbow trying to kill them.

nicholasrope 25th September 2022 10:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Aces: Iron Eagle III

Lou Gossett Jr. is back and this time, he tries and get revenge on Drug Dealers who murdered one of his students. He is assisted by his Air Show Pilot friends. Again not a bad effort, worth a watch if you come across any of The Iron Eagle Movies.

Out Of The Dark

1989 Film which sees a Serial Killer (In a Clown Mask) target Girls who work on a Chat Line. I distinctly remember seeing The Trailer on Maniac Cop (Back in the day) and whilst there was a chance that it may appear on Blu-ray eventually, I was pleasantly surprised (And shocked LOL) that it appeared on Talking Pictures in the early hours, one Saturday Morning and whilst before watching it, I thought that it wouldn't be as good now, I really enjoyed it. Would have loved it if I had seen it in 89-90.

Elvis

Film was same as I previously reviewed it and an interesting omission from The Blu-Ray was no Deleted Scenes. Possibly that rumored 4hr version becoming a reality?

Demoncrat 27th September 2022 08:53 PM

Bullet Train (2022, David Leitch)

A fun cast makes the most out of a mad situation. Recommended.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2022 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shaun of the Dead (2004)

Now almost twenty years later Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg's horror comedy retains all it's brilliance especially in it's references to George A Romero's Dead films.

It's beautifully characterised and played and can i guess be watched as a pure comedy or a genuine horror film - Dylan Moran comes to an end every bit as stomach churning as Jo Pilato in Romero's own Day of the Dead (1985) - or like the majority of us, seen for what it is an excellent slice of black comedy horror.

I watched Hot Fuzz (2007), the second of Wright / Pegg's Cornetto trilogy on Sunday and thought it still far superior to The World's End (2013) (reviewed last week) but it doesn't come close to Shaun of the Dead. Although Timothy Dalton cuts one hell of a commanding figure compared to everyone else in Fuzz.

Nordicdusk 28th September 2022 11:15 PM

Has anyone seen the Munsters yet?

Demoncrat 29th September 2022 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crocodile Fury (1988, Ted Kingsbrook)

Witches! Vampires!! Crocodiles!!!
A sober look at poaching and its side effects :lol:
No, can't keep it up, it's a Godfrey Ho flick :rolleyes::laugh:
Sewn together from various sources, this one yet again defies description.
But I'll try.
You get ... a romantic subplot! Double crosses also feature. There's some spewing up, so keep that in mind!! :nod: The underwater sequences are something else :lol:

Attachment 242390

Demoncrat 30th September 2022 11:35 PM

Tiger Claws 2 (1996, J. Stephen Maunder)

JSM does it again. A wildly stranger beast than its parent btw. Can't wait to see the third then.
Jahal Merhli is a lucky man. Zero charisma is a ... stumbling block in yer actual leading man and that know worrimean?
The ratio of the actual Rothrockery is in dwindle mode which just adds to an initial imapct of UHHHHH, reducing her to a few paltry "love interest" scenes :mmph: and some fight footage laterer. Fascinating in other ways, as Jahal now sports the patented Ken Olin look ;):lol: which does suit him more than the mullet tbh.
I digress.:rolleyes:
Another vanity project. Vanity would have improved it tbh :rofl:
Ahem. Review tomorrow then! :nod:

Demoncrat 1st October 2022 04:22 PM

Tiger Claws 3 (2000, JSM)

Woooooooh mama.
First off, the 'rock looks mightily cheesed orf at the start of this one, no wonder as she barely lasts 20 minutes ahem. From then on a hairpiece takes centre stage. The plot? Sheeeesh. Madness. Then they spring the most cliched plot device in christendom :pound:
RECOMMENDED. :nod::rolleyes::pop2::lol:

trebor8273 1st October 2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 676456)
Has anyone seen the Munsters yet?

Nope and I don't think I ever want too the trailer made it look absolutely shite and all the reviews say it's much worse than you can imagine!

I love the Munsters but looks like zombie has taking a big techno coloured turd all over it.

nicholasrope 1st October 2022 10:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Replacements

When American Football players go on strike, a owner hires Coach, Gene Hackman and hires Replacement Players including Keanu Reeves and Jon Favreau. It's not bad but it seemed that it didn't know if it wanted to be a Comedy or a Drama.

Violence In A Women's Prison

Apparently part of the Emanualle Series, this one sees Laura Gesnar go undercover to report on the happenings going on at a Women's Prison. Kind of disappointed by this one as I heard that this was one of the better Women In Prison movies, however it just seemed run of the mill.

Seven

Now we're talking, one of my favorite movies and one that I wished I saw at the Cinema (Just to see the audience reactions) sees Detectives played by Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman investigate a Serial Killer using the 7 Deadly Sins as inspiration.

What made this a novel Film experience was that this was the first Film I saw that never showed the actual killings (Except for Wrath) and just showed the aftermath. This also is intelligent along with some shocks and surprises (Sloth and Envy)

That ending, might be one of my favorites.

nosferatu42 1st October 2022 11:13 PM

I saw Seven at the cinema and the scene where the peado corpse is not dead and screams absolutely shat my date at the time up, happy days.:cool: :clap:

gag 2nd October 2022 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 676611)
Nope and I don't think I ever want too the trailer made it look absolutely shite and all the reviews say it's much worse than you can imagine!

I love the Munsters but looks like zombie has taking a big techno coloured turd all over it.

Snap, I thought trailer looked awful, and I've only heard bad reviews with the odd exception saying they enjoyed it, and I'm not a huge fan of R Z films.

nicholasrope 2nd October 2022 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Firewalker

1986 Cannon take on the Treasure Hunt Genre that was around that time that sees Treasure Hunters played by Chuck Norris and Lou Gossett Jr., get hired to find Gold in South America which has Native American ties. There's some good humor in this as it's not to be taken seriously. It's good Sunday Afternoon fare but it's 20 minutes too long.

Leon222 3rd October 2022 04:26 AM

I have watched documentary film as I love to watch documentaries.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon222 (Post 676673)
I have watched documentary film as I love to watch documentaries.:nod:

Which documentary film did you watch?

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 676678)
Which documentary film did you watch?

Probably one about spamming forums.

Mojo 3rd October 2022 12:31 PM

ALL DECEASED…EXCEPT THE DEAD ( 1977 )

A hidden treasure will be revealed to a group of people gathered at a remote castle, but only when every one has died. Meanwhile, a black cloaked figure has started killing them one by one.
Sounds like a typical Giallo set up? Well, no. If the title of the movie doesn’t give a clue as to what type of film this is, then the music accompanying the menu certainly will, as it contains elements of…er…humour.
I suppose it’s entertaining enough if you’re prepared to put your brain on hold for 90 minutes and it’s good to see a new title appearing on Blu Ray. But just don’t expect me to start a collection of ‘comedy giallos’ any time soon!

ZEDER ( 1983 )

A writer finds a used ribbon in a second hand typewriter his wife has bought him, detailing the findings of a certain Zeder, who had discovered so called K Zones - plots of land that can resurrect the dead.
When a group of researchers start to put these findings into practice things get really creepy in this excellent supernatural thriller from Pupi Avati.
This was one of the first films I ever bought on ( murky ) Region 1 dvd back in the day and needless to say, 88 Films Blu Ray looks fantastic.
A terrific film and a great addition to The Italian Collection.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 676686)

ZEDER ( 1983 )

A writer finds a used ribbon in a second hand typewriter his wife has bought him, detailing the findings of a certain Zeder, who had discovered so called K Zones - plots of land that can resurrect the dead.
When a group of researchers start to put these findings into practice things get really creepy in this excellent supernatural thriller from Pupi Avati.
This was one of the first films I ever bought on ( murky ) Region 1 dvd back in the day and needless to say, 88 Films Blu Ray looks fantastic.
A terrific film and a great addition to The Italian Collection.

You've definitely sold me this one, Mojo.

Mojo 3rd October 2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676688)
You've definitely sold me this one, Mojo.

Hope you enjoy it Dem. It’s something a bit different and very creepy in places. Everybody raves about Avati’s HOUSE WITH THE LAUGHING WINDOWS, but I think this is better.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676681)
Probably one about spamming forums.

That was my hunch as well. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 676690)
Hope you enjoy it Dem. It’s something a bit different and very creepy in places. Everybody raves about Avati’s HOUSE WITH THE LAUGHING WINDOWS, but I think this is better.

I think Laughing Windows is bang average bordering on boring. It's why i'd never bothered with Zeder.

However now i have an image of what Zeder may be like in my head so i'm all there to be disappointed. :lol:

MrBarlow 3rd October 2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676693)
I think Laughing Windows is bang average bordering on boring. It's why i'd never bothered with Zeder.

However now i have an image of what Zeder may be like in my head so i'm all there to be disappointed. :lol:

Zeder can never be disappointing no matter how many times you watch it :pop2: