Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Rob4 5th November 2022 09:02 PM

To the Devil... a Daughter

Watched it again last night. I'm guessing most people here have seen it so I'm not reviewing it. I just wanted to say imho, that despite the crappy ending, this is a bit of a gem hiding in plain sight.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 678347)
To the Devil... a Daughter

Watched it again last night. I'm guessing most people here have seen it so I'm not reviewing it. I just wanted to say imho, that despite the crappy ending, this is a bit of a gem hiding in plain sight.

Don't know why but you just reminded me that Hammer's last film The Lodge - which had just had good word of mouth and an expanded second week of release in America when Covid hit and civilization collapsed - is yet to get a physical release in the UK.

You'd think someone would put out a film starring Alicia Silverstone, Riley Keogh and Richard Armitage. Especially when it has positive reviews everywhere from Rotten Tomatoes to Meta critic.

Justin101 6th November 2022 11:10 AM

I’d never even heard of that one! It’d be a shame if gets buried. Does Hammer even have a UK distribution deal for their contemporary stuff?

MrBarlow 6th November 2022 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vengeance Is Mine. 2021.

Harry is a grief stricken man mourning the loss of his wife and daughter in a hit and run incident. He manages to teach were the killers are and goes on a path of revenge.

Con O'Neill plays Harry who is balancing between life and death right at the start we see his anguish and suffering yet manages to see sense. This isn't like any other revenge type movie, there is some character build up and when he does find the people he wants he does take a bullet or two. There is some good cinemaphotography used in this and visual effects but it can be a slow burner at times.

Attachment 243231

trebor8273 6th November 2022 08:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJh2gIBOto

A young woman goes out her way to deliver a pair of song birds too a man , ok this is a excuse as it's pretty obvious she wants to sit on his face. But she should of just stayed at home and stroke her cat as the birds in the region are acting strangely and soon go on all out attack on the townsfolk .

Highly enjoyable with a bunch of interesting characters and some chilling scenes the one with the birds on the school climbing frame pops too mind. The town had too have the world's most useless sheriff. I can't be the only one who want the birds too peck the eyes out of the old women in the cafe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYnkg--dw8.

The Batman returns over a decade being retired when things are even worse in Gotham with a new gang the mutants and having to deal with two face, a new police commission and the joker. But his greatest battle to come is with his once greatest ally Superman.

A great animated movie of a fantastic Batman story.

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaeUz7K83w

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th November 2022 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992)

Filmed eight years after the original film but set not too long after, The Final Sacrifice sees the remaining children of Gatling being adopted by the residents of their neighboring town. Not long after the children begin returning to the cornfields as one of their number , Micah, is possessed by 'He who walks behind the rows'.

Similar to the first film this centers around two strangers to the area. A journo father who is trying to write a story on the wrong doings in Gatlin and his estranged son, who quickly become embroiled in the new cult.

Although not as eerie and shrouded in folk lore as the earlier film this sequel is probably a more entertaining affair. There are some pretty fun dodgy Predator style vision FX for whatever stalks the cornfields as well as one or two cool set pieces. The cast are all fairly likable - not Micah of course, he's a bastard you'll want dead immediately - who this time include an old native American guy who tells of 'Nature out of balance with the spirit world' and other awesome lines which i love in films like this.

MrBarlow 6th November 2022 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Driven to Kill. 2009.

Ex Russian mobster now crime novelist Ruslan is forced to go back to his old ways when his ex wife and daughter are attacked and left for dead.

Steven Seagal tries his best with a Russian accent but at times he let's slip his own accent. Just what you expect from a Seagal movie in the 2000s, over the top acting, plenty of fights and some laughs. The knife fight in this lasted longer than the one he had with Tommy Lee Jones in Under Seige. I'm sure we all have our favourite Seagal movies but this was his decent film after Exit Wounds.

Attachment 243238

MrBarlow 6th November 2022 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ghost Chase. 1987.

The spirit of a dead butler that resides in a old grandfather clock helps the family descendant to find the inheritance he deserves.

I always remember seeing this on the old vhs rental shop but never actually watched it. Jason Lively plays the last family member who is cheated out by his greedy uncle and along with his friend Tim McDaniel and a ghost who posses a movie prop called Louis seek the family fortune. Aside from Roland Emmerich directing it, this is no way a great movie, it seemed more aimed at young kids but still has a lot of humour that does appeal to adults and helped pass time away. Worth a rewatch...I'd say yeah definitely.

Attachment 243239

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th November 2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678371)
Driven to Kill. 2009.

Ex Russian mobster now crime novelist Ruslan is forced to go back to his old ways when his ex wife and daughter are attacked and left for dead.

Steven Seagal tries his best with a Russian accent but at times he let's slip his own accent. Just what you expect from a Seagal movie in the 2000s, over the top acting, plenty of fights and some laughs. The knife fight in this lasted longer than the one he had with Tommy Lee Jones in Under Seige. I'm sure we all have our favourite Seagal movies but this was his decent film after Exit Wounds.

A good one this.

I have it in a three film set along with The Keeper and A Dangerous Man and all three are superior to much of his direct to dvd tat.

I remember a few years ago i counted how many Seagal movies i had on dvd and it was over forty. :scared:

MrBarlow 7th November 2022 02:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal. 2001.

A plane thats due to have a live performance broadcasted is hijacked in mid flight.

Marilyn Manson wannabe Slade Craven played by John Mannn on a plane thats been hijacked and has to try and be the hero. Rutger Hauer and Joe Mantega seem to be in this purely for a good pay check as their acting abilities are wasted, even Craig Sheffer returns in a different role and seems to be in it for the laughs and somewhat serious tone. This one can be a one time watch for me.

Attachment 243240

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th November 2022 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Revenge (2017)

As you can probably guess from the title this is a revenge thriller about a girl left for dead in the desert by three hunters out for a weekends sport. However she's not quite dead, how i really don't know, but she quickly recovers and seeks vengeance.

This is one classy French film. The desert landscapes are bleak yet the film is one that's all out sensory overload for the viewer with it's sound-scapes and interesting photography. Whilst very much an exploitation film it definitely has a feminist slant to it all. There's plenty of nudity on offer especially during the final showdown except, and Justin will be pleased, it's not female nudity (Boo!) it's male. Ten solid minutes of it in a bullet strewn climax.

Although not as extreme in the violence stakes as say Terrifier 2 there's some very strong blood and guts on offer. I actually gagged and felt sick during the protracted 'foot scene'. Seriously you need to see it for yourself.

Needless to say i was well impressed by Revenge and highly recommend it. One to upgrade to Blu-ray 100%

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th November 2022 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Night of the Demon (1957)

Its well documented that director Jacques Tourneur never intended to show the demon in all its glory, but was pressured into doing so by Columbia Pictures, much to his displeasure. However the two sequences featuring the creature are the films highlights and have become iconic moments of British horror cinema. The demon itself looks terrific and the way it appears, out of the sky in a swirl of sparks and smoke is ingenious.

Watching the extras on disc two of Indicator's limited edition Blu-ray set it's annoying how many 'experts' and critics still say the film shouldn't have the demon in it. Except Jonathan Rigby who like myself loves it.

nicholasrope 7th November 2022 09:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Invasion U.S.A.

Pure 80's Cannon Actionfest, which sees Terrorists (Lead by Richard Lynch) invade The U.S.A and only one man (Chuck Norris) can stop them. Yes this is silly, there's plenty of explosions, chases, one liners basically what you want from this type of Film.

Is it silly, off course it is, would Terrorist be able to arrive by Sea and blow everything up? the fact that whenever they try to do something heinous and Norris just happens to turn up in time, off course not, but it's a great no-brainer Film. It delivers what it promises on the cover.

Can't fault that.

Oh yeah, it's set around Christmas time

All Hallows Eve: The Reaping

Sequel to the original but there's no Art The Clown, another Videotape is dropped off and a woman just watches it (Seriously I would never do that) on the tape there are several Short Films. A bit hit and miss really, But it's short and can be easily forwarded on.

MrBarlow 7th November 2022 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Death Train. 1993

A German scientist aids a ex Soviet General to construct a nuclear bomb which a mercenary and his team are transporting with a train they have hijacked. A Special Ops team is sent in to stop the train and defuse the bomb.

We got Ted Levine who is the merc leader and does like to play chicken with trains, Christopher Lee as the form Soviet General and able to do a decent Russian accent, Patrick Stewart as the secret United Nation anti terrorist boss of Alexandra Paul and Pierce Brosnan who are teamed together and pull off a daring mission.

This was a made for t.v. film, it does have a bit of good action sequences and Alexandra Paul screaming out a lot when firing her gun, but does tend to drag on in bits. The extras who were part of Levine's team really didn't look to enthusiastic or maybe down to some poor direction. The original ending was to be different than what we got and can be predictable and laughable.

Attachment 243247

trebor8273 7th November 2022 10:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaeUz7K83w

One of the late great John Candys best, just like Robin Williams who didn't love John Candy?

In a tailor made role for him Candy plays Buck a lazy , irresponsible but loveable laybout who is forced to like after his brothers kids when the brothers wit falls ill. Touching and funny and we have a pre home alone Macaulay Culkin.

Touching and funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HCR4c1zPyk

Brilliant a classic and maybe John Belushi best. The film just has so much going on , great car chases , laugh out loud moments and a stella cast of musical legends.

Watching Belushi and Aykroyd together always makes me wonder what Ghostbusters would of been like it he hadn't died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZokeJ_n-0c

While it's not as good as the first and it's basically the same story and is missing Leslie Nielsen it's still very funny and like the first I always seem to find something new this time when Strike escapes from hospital and gets out of the truck outside the spaceport their are pods in the truck just like original invasion of the body snatchers.

MrBarlow 7th November 2022 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hunt To Kill. 2010.

U.S. border patrol agent Jim Rhodes living in the moumtain area of Montana is taken hostage along with his daughter by a gang of theives looking for a lost loot by one of their own. Rhodes is shoot and believed dead he goes on a mission to rescue his daughter using the mountains as his battle ground.

Steve Austin plays the border man who witnesses his partner Eric Roberts in a very small cameo role just about, gunned down in the line of duty. Being a workaholic and raising his rebellious teen daughter until a bunch of happy trigger finger thieves make a pit stop. There is a decent fight scene in the middle and yeah Austin can take a good beating, but this felt like a Rambo movie even the end credits score almost sounds the same. Decent enough to pass time.

Attachment 243248

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Stalked. 2019.

A young woman decides to leave her sick baby at home while she runs to the chemist and is kidnapped. She wakes up in a abandoned factory and is hunted by a invisible force.

Given that the main character is ex military and pitted against some random person who has devised a invisible cloaking material same thing used in the newer adaptation of The Invisible Man, she has the means to bring this guy down at several opportunities but fails. This seemed to have a good premise but fails and ended up being used for background noise, even the ending was predictable. IMO this was a waste of time.

Attachment 243249

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cooties. 2014.

A mysterious virus at a elementary school turning the children in to savages and the teachers with two uninfected pupils try to survive the outbreak.

This was a bit of a good comedy horror on the zombie genre that actually has kids infected but not the adults running about eating each other. Basically right at the start you know what will cause the outbreak but still a laugh to watch it unfold with Elijah Wood as the substitute teacher and Rainn Wilson as the P.E. Teacher who thinks he can be a hero, and you got Leigh Whannell who likes to get his hands dirty.The make up effects are nothing we haven't seen before and done a bit decent, certainly worth a glance.

Attachment 243250

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fortress. 1993.

In the future where having 2 children is outlawed, John and Karen Brennick try to flee the U.S. but John is captured and sent to a underground fortress and controlled by a chip inserted into his body. With other prisoners they intend to escape.

Director Stuart Gordon tries his best with another Science-fiction film this time with Christopher Lambert as the lead who's wife lost a child and his wife is pregnant a second time that goes against the new rules of society. It may not be for everyone but this was a decent film to rewatch after not seeing it since the 90s and better a second time round.

Attachment 243251

MacBlayne 8th November 2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 678331)
THE HIDDEN – Maybe I’m being a bit OTT, but I’ve come to think of it as one of the best B movies of the eighties. It’s certainly a master class in punchy minimalism, lean and stripped down but as slick as an LA pool shark, and mean with it. Like ‘Dead Heat’, it’s a weirdly mismatched buddy cop movie, with ardent hardnose Michael Nouri paired with eerie Kyle MacLachlan in a quest to snuff a body-hopping alien that looks like a slug with spidery appendages. Frantic chase scenes and lots of shoot-outs ride a high tide of adrenalin driven along by gleeful psychopaths who blast out punk (and a fair amount of lame poodle rock). A few fluid brush strokes are all it takes for ‘The Hidden’s violent world to burst into life, and low budget genre filmmaking is thereby raised to the level of Japanese calligraphy.

My father has no time for science-fiction or horror. All he wants are Westerns, and beat-'em-up action films. But he adored The Hidden. He sat on the edge of his seat, wondering where the hell it was going next. The film's relentless pace kept him hooked.

MacBlayne 8th November 2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678373)
A good one this.

I have it in a three film set along with The Keeper and A Dangerous Man and all three are superior to much of his direct to dvd tat.

I remember a few years ago i counted how many Seagal movies i had on dvd and it was over forty. :scared:

I was the same. I used to collect them all. In recent years, I sold most of them. I kept the glorious Warner Brothers films, and Marked for Death. Of the DTV era, I kept Urban Justice, Pistol Whipped, and Driven to Kill.

J Harker 8th November 2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678389)
Night of the Demon (1957)

Its well documented that director Jacques Tourneur never intended to show the demon in all its glory, but was pressured into doing so by Columbia Pictures, much to his displeasure. However the two sequences featuring the creature are the films highlights and have become iconic moments of British horror cinema. The demon itself looks terrific and the way it appears, out of the sky in a swirl of sparks and smoke is ingenious.

Watching the extras on disc two of Indicator's limited edition Blu-ray set it's annoying how many 'experts' and critics still say the film shouldn't have the demon in it. Except Jonathan Rigby who like myself loves it.

One of my favourites, in spite of the Fraggle Rock reject rather than because of it I'm afraid.

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
King Solomon's Mines. 1985.

Fortune hunter Allan Quatermain teams up with a young woman to find her missing father who is lost in the African jungle during a exploration.

Richard Chamberlain plays the adventurer who doesn't believe in the Mines but slowly comes round. Sharon Stone plays the Young woman Jesse who is looking for her missing father and a certain map that can lead to the area. Herbert Lom plays the German Colonel who likes listening to Wagner along the way and upsetting John Rhys-Davis who plays the Turkish head honcho who are also looking for the map. Certainly not a film to take seriously but does come with plenty of laughs along the way.

Attachment 243256

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th November 2022 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hell Is for Heroes (1962)

Clint Eastwood's go-to director Don Siegel made this classic well liked war film starring an over intense Steve McQueen, Bobby Darrin and James Coburn as part of a small unit of US soldiers who have to con a nearby German garrison into thinking they hold the whole area rather than just being a few men, until reinforcements arrive.

For a war film this is more character study than action packed spectacle. There are no German soldiers in it other than extras to shoot at so it never feels exciting or indeed tense in the threat department and whilst the various characters of the US company are interesting they certainly aren't The Dirty Dozen.

There's some good black and white photography going on but overall this always feels uninvolving and lacking in substance when compared to many other men on a mission / backs to the wall films.

iank 8th November 2022 08:08 PM

The Black Phone. A young boy is kidnapped by the child killer haunting his small town. Trapped in a soundproof basement things do not look good - until he begins receiving phone calls on a dead phone from the killer's former victims urging him to fight back. This 2022 flick is a solid and effective little chiller. :nod:

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Towering Inferno. 1974.

At the opening of a tall skyscraper, a fire breakouts trapping the people who are attending a party along the the architect.

Classic 70s disaster movie with a good star line up of Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Fred Astaire, Robert Vaughn, Richard Chamberlain. Making a new building and cutting costs doesn't work, this film should be a PSA for some councils especially Dundee as they enjoy cutting corners and paying for it now. This one no matter how many times I watch it, still keeps me entertained and still got the tense moments going but still you want to punch the Richard Chamberlain's character in the face, but liked the way the makers kept things up with the characters passing the blame about.

Attachment 243262

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th November 2022 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678420)
The Towering Inferno. 1974.

At the opening of a tall skyscraper, a fire breakouts trapping the people who are attending a party along the the architect.

Classic 70s disaster movie with a good star line up of Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Fred Astaire, Robert Vaughn, Richard Chamberlain. Making a new building and cutting costs doesn't work, this film should be a PSA for some councils especially Dundee as they enjoy cutting corners and paying for it now. This one no matter how many times I watch it, still keeps me entertained and still got the tense moments going but still you want to punch the Richard Chamberlain's character in the face, but liked the way the makers kept things up with the characters passing the blame about.

Excellent film. Have you seen Earthquake? Another classic seventies disaster movie. Highly recommended.

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678421)
Excellent film. Have you seen Earthquake? Another classic seventies disaster movie. Highly recommended.

Yeah ages ago but it's on my list to view again along with some other 70s disaster movies

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th November 2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678422)
Yeah ages ago but it's on my list to view again along with some other 70s disaster movies

Juggernaut is very good. Aka Terror on the Britannic.

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678423)
Juggernaut is very good. Aka Terror on the Britannic.

Thank you Den I'll try and find that one, most of them I have seen Cassandra Crossing, Airport, The Swarm , Rollercoaster, some have popped up

City on fire
Avalanche
Skujacked
Flood
Gray Lady Down,

I'm sure i can get these found and watched at some point

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th November 2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678424)
Thank you Den I'll try and find that one, most of them I have seen Cassandra Crossing, Airport, The Swarm , Rollercoaster, some have popped up

City on fire
Avalanche
Skujacked
Flood
Gray Lady Down,

I'm sure i can get these found and watched at some point

Gray Lady Down is good but it's not a typical disaster movie. It's a submarine movie about a nuclear submarine which is struck by a tanker and well, shit happens. I have it on dvd and almost bought it on Blu-ray in the last Indicator sale.

MrBarlow 8th November 2022 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678425)
Gray Lady Down is good but it's not a typical disaster movie. It's a submarine movie about a nuclear submarine which is struck by a tanker and well, shit happens. I have it on dvd and almost bought it on Blu-ray in the last Indicator sale.

I saw the plot to it and somewhat appealed to me and be a lot better than the film I'm watching just now

MrBarlow 9th November 2022 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Angel Of Reckoning. 2016.

Rachel a female war veteran returns home to settle down, when her niece commits suicide she tries to find the answers and goes on a personnel revenge path.

Simple plot that we love, ex marine comes home and gets a bit upset and then wages a one person war on those who have wronged them. This was a blind watch for me and I bet if I was sat with Stevie Wonder I'm sure he be begging for me to switch it off. Nice couple shoot out scenes, give the film credit for that and the skimpy clothing some...dancers shall we say wear. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed to the point it was like two clowns having laugh. The acting was horrendous, honest it doesn't get any better. Not one I would recommend.

Attachment 243263

MrBarlow 9th November 2022 02:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Game Of Death 2. 1981.

Bobby Lo investigates the death of his brother Billy who was attending the funeral of his friend who died in mysterious circumstances.

The first half an hour is some stock footage from Enter The Dragon, director NG See Yuen obviously didn't expect Enter The Dragon to be released in full years later and can tell what parts really don't make sense in this.

Half way through we get to see a woman on stage singing and attempting to dance, guess she was told to dance and hold the microphone to her mouth and lip sync which is more comical. Tae-Jeong Kim in his first appearance playing Bruce Lee character from the first film (second time he played Bruce Lee was in No Retreat No Surrender) there is one or two decent fight scenes incorporated into this. Decent if you want a laugh and to see a full frontal naked woman.

Attachment 243264

MrBarlow 9th November 2022 05:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Meltdown. 2004.

A nuclear power plant in California is taken over by terrorists, F.B.I., Homeland Security and a Army Colonel clash on how to deal with the situation.

For a t.v. movie this had a good star cast with Bruce Greenwood, James Remar and Arnold Vosloo and good plot line, but the changing of the black and white and going back to colour was very unnecessary and the amateur shaky camera work made this very unwatchable.

Attachment 243268

MacBlayne 9th November 2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 678427)
Angel Of Reckoning. 2016.

Rachel a female war veteran returns home to settle down, when her niece commits suicide she tries to find the answers and goes on a personnel revenge path.

Simple plot that we love, ex marine comes home and gets a bit upset and then wages a one person war on those who have wronged them. This was a blind watch for me and I bet if I was sat with Stevie Wonder I'm sure he be begging for me to switch it off. Nice couple shoot out scenes, give the film credit for that and the skimpy clothing some...dancers shall we say wear. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed to the point it was like two clowns having laugh. The acting was horrendous, honest it doesn't get any better. Not one I would recommend.

Attachment 243263

Is this by Len Kabisinski?

MrBarlow 9th November 2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 678436)
Is this by Len Kabisinski?

Yeah that's the one Mac

Demoncrat 9th November 2022 04:24 PM

Slaughter Day (1991, Brent Cousins)

SOV splatterfest. Yes, there's always another one to find it seems. :nod::lol:
Filmed in the part of Hawaii that even Sidaris refused to use, two brothers have to combat a Fisher Price Evil Dead set up when they find a fusty old tome, and no I don't mean a Stephen King novel :laugh:.
Some hilarity ensues. Grotty and mirth inducing in equal measures.

MuckyFunster 9th November 2022 05:20 PM

I watched Terrifier 2 last night - rented it on RakutenTv [emoji106] decent selection on that streaming service, and they have the new Hellraiser too, which is next on my list.

Aye, Terrifier 2 was something! More of an experience than a film - it’s pretty light on the “story”, and is more a collection of wild killings and examples of well executed practical effects. My favourite bit was the bit with the “drop on by the clown cafe” song, which is a real ear worm.

I’m not sure what part of the film had audience members vomiting in the aisles [emoji848] it was mad, but it certainly wasn’t as stomach churning as “Mad God”.

Oh, Mad God [emoji1785] I feel sick just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th November 2022 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 678446)
I watched Terrifier 2 last night - rented it on RakutenTv [emoji106] decent selection on that streaming service, and they have the new Hellraiser too, which is next on my list.

Aye, Terrifier 2 was something! More of an experience than a film - it’s pretty light on the “story”, and is more a collection of wild killings and examples of well executed practical effects. My favourite bit was the bit with the “drop on by the clown cafe” song, which is a real ear worm.

I’m not sure what part of the film had audience members vomiting in the aisles [emoji848] it was mad, but it certainly wasn’t as stomach churning as “Mad God”.

Oh, Mad God [emoji1785] I feel sick just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but that Tippet thing wasn't in cinemas.

Audiences don't get the extreme gory stuff in Terrifier 2 in typical multiplex horrors. Have you seen the watered down garbage that the studios release nowadays.