Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th July 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 257014)
The documentary about Mike Tyson

Blimey - he is a textbook psychopath/sociopath!!

Oh, if you're wondering, I'm a fan of WWF wrestling, and I thought this would be a similar kind of thing. How wrong I was!

I rented this a while ago and wrote a review. He is an extremely complex psychiatric mess with (even with my non-professional understanding of the word) sociopathic tendencies.

I've found his views on women to be utterly repugnant and his misogyny has absolutely no place in the 21st century. It's strange as he comes across as childlike and vulnerable yet utterly vile!

Demoncrat 13th July 2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderlust (Post 257059)
Truth or Dare: A Critical Madness

This sounds like a hoot (had to check it elsewhere cough cough), and isn't something that's come across my path before, recommended then??

Nordicdusk 13th July 2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 257014)
The documentary about Mike Tyson

Blimey - he is a textbook psychopath/sociopath!!

Oh, if you're wondering, I'm a fan of WWF wrestling, and I thought this would be a similar kind of thing. How wrong I was!

The guy was an absolute beast in the ring in his day but after watching this seems hes a different kind of beast outside of it. The warning signs were there at an early stage of his lack of respect for women when he got involved with Teddy Atlas,s young sister.

Gojirosan 13th July 2012 01:13 PM

Arctic Predator - 2010 USA TV d:VĂ*ctor GarcĂ*a

SyFy version of The Thing. Actually a lot of fun. Dean Cain's jumpers are often as horrifying as the alien frost giant monster! Well worth a look.

Attenberg - 2010 Greece d:Athina Rachel Tsangari

Exactly the kind of arty drama that the phrase "funny and touching" has been worn out upon. Really good film, if not wholly successful. Amazing performances and a nice cold-bleak-minimalist look. Not sure what it is with Greek arthouse and adult children who have been sheltered from society at large, but it works! Great stuff. Recommended.

gag 13th July 2012 01:46 PM

Just watched demons sorry but i thought the film was terrible on many levels only decent thing was the gore.

Susan Foreman 13th July 2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 257144)
Just watched demons sorry but i thought the film was terrible on many levels only decent thing was the gore.

But surely poor film + bad acting + plentiful gore = the perfect movie?

gag 13th July 2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 257149)
But surely poor film + bad acting + plentiful gore = the perfect movie?

Generaly but not this time for me :(

Slippery Jack 13th July 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 257158)
Generaly but not this time for me :(

Yeah I felt the same about 1, but enjoyed the sequel . . .

Slippery Jack 13th July 2012 03:59 PM

Freaked

LOVED it! One of those rapid-fire gag films where if one doesn't work, there is always another laugh out loud moment just around the corner. A pleasure to watch a film so packed with anarchic energy, wit, and invention - all of the things I found missing from Return of the Living Dead (which I finally watched the other night, hence the comparison). And how about the superb Screaming Mad George creations - they've not aged a jot! I suppose being released in 1993, it was a last hurrah for gloopy practical effect monsters :(. I also enjoyed the date-stamping references to Kim Bassinger, Winona Ryder, and Gremlins 3 :lol: . . .

VicDakin 13th July 2012 07:33 PM

Prince of Darkness

1 Attachment(s)
tonight its just me and the Prince of Darkness.
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...5&d=1342207997