Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

re.form 1st June 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora75 (Post 83280)
Finally saw 'Hausu'. All I can say is believe the hype :)

...or Kung Fu will kick your ass!

Watched 'Black Sabbath' last night. 11 out of 10.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st June 2010 09:32 PM

Watched the (hopefully) soon to be Arrow-tastic Island of Death tonight and then Riccardo Freda's A doppia faccia with Klaus Kinski.

Aurora75 2nd June 2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 83465)
...or Kung Fu will kick your ass!

haha.. Kung Fu rules :woot:

Gigantor 2nd June 2010 08:41 AM

Class of 1984
the gate
treevenge

gag 2nd June 2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 83007)
Ah sounds like a good time :laugh:

I realized last night that if I dont get a job I wont have much money for food in September :eek: has made me worried now as I need a job or else ha ha
So no more DVDs till I find one :(

Know how you feel and what you mean,
Ive got a sort of job if and when required thought it would help until i found a proper job, (it doesnt because around april may there no work for 2month and same at xmas and because when i sign on they refuse to give me any money because im as they put it still emplyed and my last wage of £500 a month is enough to live of for 8 9 wks which according to them is the equivelant to the 50 60 odd pound a wk u get when u sign on....total set of @anker~) i search on line go round everywhere asking and handing in cvs, my partner a driving instructor and every pupil lshe teaches she ask them where they work and is there any jobs, just cant find 1... so sometimes i struggle that much that my partner is paying most of my billls at the mo and i be lucky if ive actualy bought more than 6 or 7 films this yr,

Aurora75 2nd June 2010 12:21 PM

Survive Style 5+

Cool and stylish Japanese film following various different characters and their strange and at times overlapping stories. A bit like pulp fiction in some ways with some bizarre and funny moments. Definitely worth a watch.

Sargento 2nd June 2010 04:11 PM

Watched ..

Book Of Eli

... last nite.

..... bbbbbbboooooorrrrring! And the "twist" at the end was riduculous! Lovely score though!

:mmph:

pedromonkey 3rd June 2010 12:38 AM

Book of Eli was brilliant, it was fallout 3 mixed with mad max and steel dawn, and yes had a fantastic score....

Pete 3rd June 2010 01:21 AM

Beatrice Cenci (Lucio Fulci, 1968) - Superb!

Class of 1984 (Mark L Lester, 1982) - Superb!

Commando (Mark L. Lester, 1985) - Brilliant!

Ninja Mission (Mats Helge, 1984) - Not bad

Phantasm (Don Coscarelli, 1979) - Worth a look

James Morton 3rd June 2010 01:27 AM

What films have you seen recently?

the brilliant SWITCHBLADE ROMANCE
my fave horror TENEBRE
the very underrated Brian De Palma film FEMME FATALE, great thriller full of twists, that only De Palma can direct brilliantly