Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 8th September 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 272109)
What films have you seen recently?

Attachment 78736

Attachment 78737

How does Dazed and Confused scrub up. Love that film. What extras if any does it have?

VicDakin 8th September 2012 07:52 PM

Dazed And Confused [Blu-ray]

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 272112)
How does Dazed and Confused scrub up. Love that film. What extras if any does it have?

The film looks great to my old eyes,clean crisp and bright,and as expected the soundtrack sounds great,screenshoots from Blu ray com,some nice level of detail,when Milla Jovovich is rolling a joint you could see speckles of weed on her hands,have 'nt watched extras yet,deleted scenes,couple of docs,aparently Criterion is the dogs,but R2 is cheap at the mo,which im happy with at the mo.Attachment 78738

Attachment 78739

Nordicdusk 8th September 2012 07:53 PM

Cheers Vic this is a must for me.:nod:

nekromantik 9th September 2012 12:30 AM

Just seen Compliance, the US Drama/Thriller that was based on true events.
My god! I was shocked that this happened, I thought maybe one or two incidents is imaginable but over 70!!! Thats just crazy!

For those that dont know the story its about this guy that prank calls a fast food restaurant claiming to be a police officer and ends up getting people to rape/sexual assault girls.

The actual film was very well done and acting was very good for unknown cast. One of the better indie flicks I seen this year and quite shocking to be honest. I seen a lot of sick stuff but this is one of the few things that made me think WTF! Mainly as it actually happened! Its now made me think are Americans really that gullible and stupid! (No offence :lol:)

fuzzymctiger 9th September 2012 03:21 AM

Chronicle - Very good, with a lot of similarities to Akira. Works well with the whole camera thing and not explaining anything. Effects were a bit dodgy at times but good overall.

Mean Girls - Havnt laughed this hard in a while. Very quotable, and very realistic in my opinion, almost like watching a documentary at times, because even I know people who act like this.

Friday The 13th Final Chapter - Watched an original tape of this that I got at an op shop. Can't judge on it though because the bloody thing was cut!!

keirarts 9th September 2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 272083)
I really need to pick up Final Exam and Humongous.

The Katerina release of humongous is excellent. Not picked up that final exam disc yet as I have the older bci release with the commentary track.

bdc 9th September 2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 271971)
Although One Dark Night does have a terrific final twenty minutes.

I really liked it as well. ;)

James Morton 9th September 2012 02:11 PM

BEHIND THE MASK - THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON
boring crap and overrated
BOTCHED
excellent horror comedy

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th September 2012 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Berserker (1987)

Based on Nordic legend, a Berserker was the first line of assault during Viking raids, feeding on human flesh they were cursed by the God Odin never to rest until their whole bloodline is extinct.

Naturally when a group of college kids drive into the woods for a camping weekend the Berserker rises from hell to continue its centuries old carnage.

The Berserker stands out from the normal everyday slasher due to its use of Nordic legends, the story is an entertaining one that never sags. The film keeps the viewers attention because it centres not only on the kids but also on the local police officer and his mate who runs the camping grounds, and plot revealingly, is actually Norwegian.

So far, so run of the mill. The real bonus of The Berserker is its real bear footage, courtesy of Hollywood superstar Bart the Bear (The Edge, The Great Outdoors, amongst many others). It helps that the Berserker is played by Barts handler and makes the fight between the bear, as it stalks the Berserker throughout the film, and the creature extremely realistic. It does seem as if the creature is being mauled by the bear and adds real authenticity when compared to simillar films like Night of the Demon.

This added to some fine acting and an enjoyable story makes for a fine slasher film that remains under most peoples radar.

Beyond72 9th September 2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 272273)
Berserker (1987)

Not a firm favourite or anything, but I'm glad I took a chance and picked up the DVD all the same. It was worth it just for George 'Buck' Flower alone. :)