Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 7th September 2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 271821)
er...don't you have a wash/shower and have breakfast first?:)

No way its the weekend :tongue1:

Slippery Jack 7th September 2012 11:57 PM

Red White and Blue

Let down by the final act I thought, when it descended into standard revenge territory. But genuinely surprising twists and turns for the most part, with an excellent cast - well directed by Simon Rumley, a big improvement on his The Living and the Dead . . .

keirarts 8th September 2012 12:01 AM

AMERICAN PIE: REUNION.

Don't judge!

I like the origional american pie, I thought it had a nice Porky's vibe to it and a great script to boot, I thought 2 and 3 were a case of diminishing returns and I never bothered with the straight-to-dvd 'sequels' that came out minus the origional cast (bar eugene levy)

This one is probably about as good as parts 2 and 3. It made me feel old watching it (i was 19 when the origional hit cinemas) but it also made me laugh enough to rate it as a comedy. I doubt it'll ever make any of my best of lists but compared to some of the tripe i've seen lately masquerading as comedy it's certainly decent enough.

Also some good news for me, the dukes in lancaster will be showing Berberian sound studio in october... Definately going to see that one!

gag 8th September 2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 271828)
AMERICAN PIE: REUNION.

Don't judge!

I like the origional american pie, I thought it had a nice Porky's vibe to it and a great script to boot, I thought 2 and 3 were a case of diminishing returns and I never bothered with the straight-to-dvd 'sequels' that came out minus the origional cast (bar eugene levy)

This one is probably about as good as parts 2 and 3. It made me feel old watching it (i was 19 when the origional hit cinemas) but it also made me laugh enough to rate it as a comedy. I doubt it'll ever make any of my best of lists but compared to some of the tripe i've seen lately masquerading as comedy it's certainly decent enough.

Also some good news for me, the dukes in lancaster will be showing Berberian sound studio in october... Definately going to see that one!

Tbh i tend to find most omedies these days utter rubbish and just not funny. ted had a few chuckle moments but now special a lot of comedies i avoid even the trailers look shite. stwp brothers eg total pants. i like American pie reunion thats how comedies should be made even the opening scene had me in stitches. rest of the film was pretty funny. total agree with any after 3rd avoided them all.

Hawkmonger 8th September 2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invid Ninja (Post 271822)
Dredd - Put simply, it was awesome. A faithful and gleefully violent adaptation that for fans should be a real treat. :)

9 Hours to go till I see it! :dance:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th September 2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invid Ninja (Post 271822)
Dredd - Put simply, it was awesome. A faithful and gleefully violent adaptation that for fans should be a real treat. :)

Did you see it in 3-D or 2-D? I only ask because the Middlesbrough Cineworld is only showing it in 3-D and, even though I don't like the stereoscopic format, that's the only option open to me.

mercury 8th September 2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 271895)
Did you see it in 3-D or 2-D? I only ask because the Middlesbrough Cineworld is only showing it in 3-D and, even though I don't like the stereoscopic format, that's the only option open to me.

I don't go to the cinema that much as I find it too expensive, for me anyway. The reason I went to see Dredd last night was because after seeing the trailers for this film, It looked like it was made for 3d and might not be as good in 2d. I think I was right because alot of scenes were 3d orientated and may look silly/lose the desired effect in 2d. I am not a really a fan of 3d either and don't own a 3d tv. But this film was great in 3d, and the film itself great:pop2:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th September 2012 10:19 AM

At least it was shot entirely in 3-D, and not retrofitted/converted in post production. It'll probably still give me eyestrain though!

VicDakin 8th September 2012 10:23 AM

What films have you seen recently?

2 Attachment(s)
lost count of how many times ive watched both of these,but agaim last nite

Attachment 78660

Attachment 78661

gag 8th September 2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 271905)
I don't go to the cinema that much as I find it too expensive, for me anyway. The reason I went to see Dredd last night was because after seeing the trailers for this film, It looked like it was made for 3d and might not be as good in 2d. I think I was right because alot of scenes were 3d orientated and may look silly/lose the desired effect in 2d. I am not a really a fan of 3d either and don't own a 3d tv. But this film was great in 3d, and the film itself great:pop2:

Lol just laughing at you saying you don't go pics cos its to expensive that is so true I ranted a little on a post then you make that comment as well, it just so true and film companies just don't get it and blaming people downloading films is ruining the film industry well quite frankly don't you blame them at these prices nowadays, make it more affordable and more people will go and more often as well it not rocket science to work that out,