Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

James Morton 7th August 2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 264172)
Just watched Re-animator, no further comments required, I'm now watching Enter The Dragon, also no further comments required

seen ENTER THE DRAGON many times and honestly didn't know that it was shot without sound
later in post production the sound/effects were added
in beginning the Shaolin Monk is talking to Lee w/US accent which is dumb and of course I knew the kung fu noises etc were added on/exaggerated whatever but not about Lee, Saxon etc dubbing there voices afterwards

James Morton 7th August 2012 02:21 PM

saw THE GHOST last night
a very good political thriller

Rik 7th August 2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 264266)
seen ENTER THE DRAGON many times and honestly didn't know that it was shot without sound
in beginning the Shaolin Monk is talking to Lee w/US accent which is dumb and of course I knew the kung fu noises etc were added on/exaggerated whatever but not about Lee, Saxon etc dubbing there voices afterwards

I didn't know that until I checked the trivia facts on IMDB last night while watching, I must've seen it a hundred times since I was a kid too!

g053584398 7th August 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 264266)

It is a really good martial arts film and Bruce Lee was a great martial arts film star. Having said that, I would rather watch Sonny Chiba in any day of the week.

James Morton 7th August 2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 264290)
It is a really good martial arts film and Bruce Lee was a great martial arts film star. Having said that, I would rather watch Sonny Chiba in any day of the week.

no way
i had never heard of chiba until tarantino mentioned him in TRUE ROMANCE and had him in KILL BILL
BRUCE LEE was the KING

VicDakin 7th August 2012 06:52 PM

Xavier Gens

3 Attachment(s)
having an Xavier Gens evening
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...8&d=1344365421

Nordicdusk 7th August 2012 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 75586

Hot Rods and a giant Lizard :clap:

Frankie Teardrop 7th August 2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 264229)
The Burning Moon (Olaf Ittenbach) Another splattery success from the teutonic trashmaster imo. If, like me, you're bored senseless with doomladen cape films or sickeningly unreal romcoms....Then read a sodding book haha.

but if you like it sticky, get on board the Ittenbach Express.....:laugh:;):)

(I realise this statement make be taken the wrong way by the majority of perverts on this site....fill your boots folks haha)

Have you seen Olaf's 'No Reason'? It's based around a well over the top shitpit of hell similar to the one at the end of 'Burning...', but with fake cthulhtic cenobites, a weird colour scheme and some wraparound spiritual bollocks. Oh yeah, and a naked chick who has to get closer to god or something. It's good.

Rik 7th August 2012 10:33 PM

Seeing as I watched both Re-animator & Bride of Re-animator last night, I've decided to give my Arrow DVD of Beyond Re-animator a spin to round off the trilogy, love these films!

g053584398 7th August 2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 264307)
no way
i had never heard of chiba until tarantino mentioned him in TRUE ROMANCE and had him in KILL BILL
BRUCE LEE was the KING

Sonny Chiba's films were more exciting, shot with a far greater degree of skill and were much sleazier than Bruce Lee's. I do like Bruce's work though.