Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 17th February 2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 322212)
it has far more substance and historical truth than any other Robin Hood film.

I don't think I want that from a Robin Hood film. Probably why I never saw it . . .

Justin101 17th February 2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 322143)

Did this have another name when it was out on Video? I recognise the picture from the seeing it in the video shop but not the name.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 322218)
Did this have another name when it was out on Video? I recognise the picture from the seeing it in the video shop but not the name.

Same name when it was released here on vhs.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/17/8aharase.jpg

Justin101 17th February 2013 09:26 AM

Thanks Stephen, It's more recognisable now, the font on the other poster threw me off.

Slippery Jack 17th February 2013 09:28 AM

Did she just notice her expensive necklace fell off during the day :eek: . . . ?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 322217)
I don't think I want that from a Robin Hood film. Probably why I never saw it . . .

It's there if you want to see it (and read more about what was happening in England at the time) but you can watch the film without it becoming a history lesson as it isn't. In terms of its content, it's more like Robin Hood Begins (to use a Batman analogy) than Prince of Thieves – not like there's any comparisons between that and The Dark Knight!

Slippery Jack 17th February 2013 10:25 AM

Robin Hood Begins :lol:

Did they rename the Merry Men the Very Serious Men? No merry allowed during the Nolanisation process :nono: . . .

Linbro 17th February 2013 10:45 AM

Watched 'Inside' this afternoon and loved every minute of it. The early scenes were very creepy - the scene where 'the woman' backs away from Sarah, when she's on the couch, and merges with the dark room behind her was brilliant.
Usually, for me, these films fall away once the mayhem starts, but this held it together 'til the end. Didn't out stay its welcome, either - a very brisk 79 mins.
Paradis, as Sarah, was excellent, but it was Dalle, as 'the woman', who stole the show.
Wtf hasn't this got an English subbed blu release?!?!
The only extras were a trailer, and a 'making of', which was very good.
Lincoln.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 322238)
Robin Hood Begins :lol:

Did they rename the Merry Men the Very Serious Men? No merry allowed during the Nolanisation process :nono: . . .

As with the Robin Hood Begins idea, there isn't a band of 'Merry Men' to speak of although Friar Tuck is in the film along with a couple of others – I can't remember who as it's been a while since I saw it last – who would be the famous members of Robin Hood's band of outlaws. Friar Tuck, as played by Mark Addy, is quite a funny character as he brews Mead, loves his bees and is perhaps the most comical character.

Invid Ninja 17th February 2013 11:17 AM

So I tucked into one of my recent Arrow pickups:

Who Dares Wins - Pretty underwhelmed with this one in all honesty. Compared to other great 'Boy's Own' films like Wild Geese and Where Eagles Dare this one comes across as lethargically paced and desperately lacking in the action department. One solid final action scene and a very catchy Roy Budd score keep it from being entirely bad though. Sadly, mediocre on the whole. :(

The Commander - The supporting feature however was solid Eurotrash fun; some truly bizarre dialogue courtesy of a cast including Lee Van Cleef, Donald Sutherland and a dodgy French accented John Steiner :dance: . Thoroughly silly and with some good body count action, looking forward to seeing the other Lewis Collins/Marghereti team up films. :)