Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

DJBenz 12th December 2010 10:41 PM

Absence of Light, which is quite possibly, no definitely, the worst film I have ever seen. :(

pedromonkey 13th December 2010 03:55 PM

watched German film Anatomie last night and forgot good it was. some good practical FX and some great acting made this film very enjoyable...

antmumford 13th December 2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

The Last Train - 1999 ITV post apocalypse series that ran for 6 episodes.
Oh my god! Pedromonkey, you are an absolute lifesaver. For years and years now I have wondered what this programme was called. I watched the first episode about 10 years ago and didn't know what it was that I watched. Ever since I've never been able to find out and anyone I asked didn't have a clue.
I just remembered bits of the 1st episode like with the hungry dogs and stuff.
How did you go about seeing this again? Is it on DVD? thanks for bringing it to light for me!

pedromonkey 13th December 2010 05:22 PM

unfortunately Ant it has never been and will never be released on dvd according to ITV, i managed to find a download of the entire series when it was reshown on syfy a couple of years ago. I don't condone downloads but for something like this which is never going to see the light of day again, it was only way possible for me to watch it...great show too

Sargento 13th December 2010 05:52 PM

Watched

Monster Man

... last night. Didn't expect anything of it but I really enjoyed it. great barmy fun with some lovely grue!

re.form 13th December 2010 07:58 PM

Harry Brown
Night of the Demon (1957)

pedromonkey 13th December 2010 09:59 PM

having watched Anatomie with Franka Potente i decided to revisit Run Lola Run and my god is this film bad ass, love the flow of it, the performances by both Franka and Moritz Bliebtreu (Das Experiment) Tom Twyker's direction and the editing of the film are spot on, just a great euro thriller in my book...

mercury 14th December 2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116882)
having watched Anatomie with Franka Potente i decided to revisit Run Lola Run and my god is this film bad ass, love the flow of it, the performances by both Franka and Moritz Bliebtreu (Das Experiment) Tom Twyker's direction and the editing of the film are spot on, just a great euro thriller in my book...

This film is great. It was one of the first dvd's I bought. I may have to get it on Blu ray now as a film this good deserves an upgrade:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 01:35 PM

Run Lola Run is a film that I could watch at just about any time and anywhere but I haven't seen Anatomie so will make a mental note to either rent or buy it at some point, probably in the New Year.

brain dead 14th December 2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116766)
watched German film Anatomie last night and forgot good it was. some good practical FX and some great acting made this film very enjoyable...

Those plasticised anatomy models were amazingly well done. I thought they were the real thing until I watched the extra features.

Gojirosan 14th December 2010 03:47 PM

Run Lola Run doesn't do it for me. It's not a bad film but it just didn't drag me in. I might add it to the ever-growing list of films to rewatch and re-evaluate.

pedromonkey 14th December 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 116957)
Run Lola Run doesn't do it for me. It's not a bad film but it just didn't drag me in. I might add it to the ever-growing list of films to rewatch and re-evaluate.

defo worth a rewatch and a re-evaluation Goji.

Need to get a copy of Das Experiment now as i originally saw all three within a space of a week of each other...

Run Lola Run was one of the first dvds i ever bought and for me it's just a great thriller.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116963)
Run Lola Run was one of the first dvds i ever bought and for me it's just a great thriller.

Same here, plus I completely agree: it's a great film.

Gojirosan 15th December 2010 12:00 AM

La Horde: Not bad but no [REC]. The thin plot seemed to have been strung loosely around the action set pieces and the performances were very "amateur dramatics" (lots of mugging and gurning from the living and the zombified). It was all rather silly, yet took itself a bit seriously. Nonetheless, entertaining and well filmed, but far from a classic.

pedromonkey 15th December 2010 04:19 PM

i finally, after many failed attempts, watched THE WILD BUNCH and im surprised it's taken so many attempts as this is a absolutely brilliant film. From the acting to the editing, the music and Sam Peckinpah's brilliant direction. Im so glad i finally saw this...

gag 15th December 2010 10:34 PM

Just watched Going off big time,
Thoroughly enjoyed this entertaining in many ways.
Also had loads of famous faces cropping up during the film,
Peter kay, Stan boardman just 2 to mention of..( and some bloke off emmerdale dont know his name or character in it)

mercury 16th December 2010 10:20 AM

Watched Happy Birthday to me. Very enjoyable:popcorn:

nekromantik 16th December 2010 10:33 AM

Watched Resident Evil: Afterlife last night....and its quite bad tbh.
The first 20 mins seemed like a fake movie and all the slow mo annoyed me.
It was worse then last Resi Evil!!!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 10:49 AM

Nekro, I am disapoint.

The latest RE was up there with the second sequel - I thought it was great. Much better than the terrible third one - but different strokes for different folks.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 117225)
Watched Happy Birthday to me. Very enjoyable:popcorn:

It's also a film with a great ending that will catch many viewers off guard -- I have to admit that it surprised me the first time I saw it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 117226)
Watched Resident Evil: Afterlife last night....and its quite bad tbh.
The first 20 mins seemed like a fake movie and all the slow mo annoyed me.
It was worse then last Resi Evil!!!

I have the Blu-ray to review for its release on (I think) January 10 but haven't seen it yet so will try and go in with eyes wide open and without preconceptions.

I have seen tons of films recently including The Fly, Splice (again), 28 Days Later, Not like Others, Frozen, A Bay of Blood, Battle Royale, Cronos, The Devils Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth, The Elephant Man and the Alien Anthology. Blood is a brilliant films, most of which will be reviewed this year.

gag 16th December 2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 117227)
Nekro, I am disapoint.

The latest RE was up there with the second sequel - I thought it was great. Much better than the terrible third one - but different strokes for different folks.

I just recently bought all 3 Resident Evil films only seen 1st 1 sev times, had to watch it again cos didnt get into it, 1st time round..

by the way I like the pic thing of a to z

gag 16th December 2010 12:29 PM

Just fin watching Timber Falls , Substandard film wasnt particular good but wasnt to bad either,
The problem with films like these is even if they try to be a film of its own they are always going to be compared to other films, Hills have eyes, tcm, Wrong turn etc etc,
These type of films have been done so so many times before, But better,

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 02:12 PM

I've just watched James Whale's Frankenstein and am currently going through it again with Rudy Behlmer's commentary. When that's done, I'll watch The Bride of Frankenstein and again with the commentary. After that, who knows? I may even go to the cinema (the local arthouse one) to see Another Year.

nekromantik 16th December 2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 117227)
Nekro, I am disapoint.

:lol:

meh :tongue1:

It was boring.
The villain looked like he was from the Matrix.
It was just a lame attempt to cash in on the 3D craze.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 117251)

meh :tongue1:

It was boring.
The villain looked like he was from the Matrix.
It was just a lame attempt to cash in on the 3D craze.

Son, I am truly disapoint.

Sargento 16th December 2010 04:04 PM

K ... they are all rubbish with a capital R !!!

Bah!

Wake up man!

:crazy:

pedromonkey 16th December 2010 04:21 PM

i have enjoyed all 4 Resi Evil films, they're not high art or anything but they entertain men and i thought R4 was best since no.2....

im with you Kyle....

nekromantik 16th December 2010 04:29 PM

ha ha

I enjoyed first 2 but thats it.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 04:34 PM

I hear ya brother Pedro. Some people just cant appreciate high art :laugh:

I gotta admit that the films are pretty stupid, sure, but as Pedro says they are so entertaining (except for the third. That just sucked) I hear there's already a sequel planned due to the popularity of the last one. For me, the 3D was the icing on the cake for this one - pure entertainment.

:)

minky starshine 16th December 2010 06:44 PM

Don't Torture A Duckling..Fulci...2 scenes of extreme gore(one I found alittle difficult to watch,not because of the gore,but I felt terrible pity for the character!!)..liked this a fair bit

Legend Of Blood Castle(mya)..Gorge Grau...Thought I was watching a Hammer film..loads of gothic atmosphere

Gojirosan 16th December 2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 117257)
K ... they are all rubbish with a capital R !!!

Bah!

Wake up man!

:crazy:

I agree totally. The two I have sat through (the first two) have been awful films.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 07:26 PM

Ahh, looks like we're in the minority here, Pedro.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 117261)
For me, the 3D was the icing on the cake for this one - pure entertainment.

:)

For me, the icing on the cake was the cameo during the end credits. Can't wait for the next one!

Sargento 16th December 2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 117279)
Ahh, looks like we're in the minority here, Pedro.

Get a room you two!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 08:43 PM

...And I'll lock the door and chuck the key!!!! :lol:;)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 09:35 PM

:laugh: *shouts down megaphone* For all Resident Evil fans in hiding, its time to come out of the dungeon and celebrate! RE Fans United! We demand Resident Evil Fan Rights!

nekromantik 16th December 2010 09:39 PM

booooooo!
RE 3 and 4 sucks

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 10:18 PM

I'd really love to join in the conversation that it's been ages since I saw a Resident Evil movie so will only be able to give my opinion when I watch Resident Evil: Afterlife on Blu-ray, probably at the beginning of next year.

pedromonkey 16th December 2010 11:08 PM

join the RESI-LUTION!!!!!

Gigantor 17th December 2010 04:56 AM

SILENT NIGHT,DEADLY NIGHT

BRONX Trilogy:)