Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th February 2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 319141)
Just finished watching Tokyo Story, I'm blown away, such a great film, I'm on a massive downer now though, the last 30-40 minutes are so sad.

When a film finishes with an elderly couple sitting down and one saying to the other "Isn't life disappointing?", it isn't exactly the cheeriest of ways to end a movie! Still, it's one of the best films ever made.

Hawkmonger 5th February 2013 10:33 AM

Did I mention I was practicaly forced to watch Project X last night? What a vile, putrid, moraly incompetant, unfunny mean spirited, crude, malicious and down right nasty piece of dog shite it is. Twilight Breaking Bad part shitstorm is no longer the worst movie of 2012 as I see it. This vulger stain on the face of film making is an insult to anyone inteligences. As a house party film, it's dull, as a reflection of humantiy I dispair. :censored:

trebor8273 5th February 2013 10:52 AM

I enjoyed project x mind that was the one with Matthew broderick and Helen hunt, the one your talking about does look pretty terrible

Justin101 5th February 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 319188)
Did I mention I was practicaly forced to watch Project X last night? What a vile, putrid, moraly incompetant, unfunny mean spirited, crude, malicious and down right nasty piece of dog shite it is. Twilight Breaking Bad part shitstorm is no longer the worst movie of 2012 as I see it. This vulger stain on the face of film making is an insult to anyone inteligences. As a house party film, it's dull, as a reflection of humantiy I dispair. :censored:

I felt the same too, and the little coda where he 'got the girl' just made it even worse - vile film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th February 2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 319188)

I need to see this.

Anything that has Hawk preaching about morals sounds good to me. :nod:

Hawkmonger 5th February 2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 319209)
I need to see this.

Anything that has Hawk preaching about morals sounds good to me. :nod:

Oh lawks your in for a treat. it has negligable postive features what so ever, it's just a vile piece of crap.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th February 2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 319214)
Oh lawks your in for a treat. it has negligable postive features what so ever, it's just a vile piece of crap.

I know not to trust Amazon reviews but they mostly seem very positive. Its IMDB score of 6.6 is quite high also. On Rotten Tomatoes audiences love it but critics hate it.

Hawkmonger 5th February 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 319217)
I know not to trust Amazon reviews but they mostly seem very positive. Its IMDB score of 6.6 is quite high also. On Rotten Tomatoes audiences love it but critics hate it.

You should look at WHO likes it. Mostly 12-17 year olds who wouldn't know talent if it beat them across the face with it's genitals. :rolleyes:

Justin101 5th February 2013 12:24 PM

it's like an x-rated version of Skins without the (mostly) good acting of the first original series.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th February 2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 319221)
You should look at WHO likes it. Mostly 12-17 year olds who wouldn't know talent if it beat them across the face with it's genitals. :rolleyes:

Ha, ha you're in that category. :tongue1:

Seriously though, its very unlikely i'll ever see it. :nod: