Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

nekromantik 6th February 2013 07:03 AM

Project X was interesting to say the lease....and not in the good way!
I did not find it vile, just meh. Dont really have a opinion on it.

Slippery Jack - Glad someone else enjoyed Tower Block! When I first saw the trailer last year I was like this will be bad but was presently surprised! Plus I am a O Connell fan! ha ha
Not that im into the "thug" stereotype!

Slippery Jack 6th February 2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 319409)
Slippery Jack - Glad someone else enjoyed Tower Block! When I first saw the trailer last year I was like this will be bad but was presently surprised! Plus I am a O Connell fan! ha ha
Not that im into the "thug" stereotype!

Yeah he does 'thug' very well :lol: If a new Clockwork Orange adaptation were to happen, he'd be a top Alex :nod: . . .

Hawkmonger 6th February 2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 319344)
Funny, it's inspired by a very famous open house party that happened in my state in Australia.

If anyone's interested, the kids name was Corey Worthington.

Doesn't negate from the fact that everyone in the film is a law breaker (all the characters are clearly underage, awkward when sex scenes are involved) and a vile turd, beating and attempting to murder anyone who dissrupts the party (neighbour, father of two. How nice thse little shits are to kill a loving father who's concerned to expose his children to there act's of putridity). This may well be the worst film i've seen in my life now I come to think about it.

fuzzymctiger 6th February 2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 319412)
Doesn't negate from the fact that everyone in the film is a law breaker (all the characters are clearly underage, awkward when sex scenes are involved) and a vile turd, beating and attempting to murder anyone who dissrupts the party (neighbour, father of two. How nice thse little shits are to kill a loving father who's concerned to expose his children to there act's of putridity). This may well be the worst film i've seen in my life now I come to think about it.

Well I haven't seen it, but the party they based it off didn't get that nuts.

Just a destroyed house, a couple of ransacked front yards, a lot of drunk people, and a dickhead becoming famous because of a news interview.

Baseball Fury 6th February 2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

I don't remember anybody getting beaten to death?

You do seem to get an your moral high horse a lot, whilst being a "lawbreaker" yourself, and purchasing 18 rated films whilst underage.

fuzzymctiger 6th February 2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 319425)

You do seem to get an your moral high horse a lot, whilst being a "lawbreaker" yourself, and purchasing 18 rated films whilst underage.

OH SNAP! :cool:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th February 2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

I watched it a month or so ago (recorded from Sky Movies) and didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as you found it to be. Not everyone in the film is a lawbreaker as some of those who turned up at the party were over 21 so were legal to drink and engage in consensual sex.

Of the three main characters, I found one of them (I can't remember his name) to be completely obnoxious, irritating and a generally horrible human being. However, when the shit really hits the fan, I don't remember anyone at the party killing anyone – it was all down to the psychotic neighbour with a flamethrower!

Demoncrat 6th February 2013 10:32 AM

come on girls........I watched ZFE for the first time when I was 14.....sound familiar??

Ahem, bit later than expected, but here's the rest of that review....

Paranorman. EEEK!! Is this meant to be a kids film??? Because it flipping terrified me in parts. (the tree). Cough cough. Will be watching this again, along with.....

Frankenweenie. More or less the story of a boy and his dog (and a love of Kenneth Strickland), I cried at the end (as usual), some stunning use of composition and a great wee turn from Martin Landau, what more could you ask from a film.

Eldorado (2013). Well, this is the life of a genre film fan. basically a queasy mishmash of 2000 Maniacs & The Blues Brothers, a cast of stalwarts (and Rik Mayall) chew the scenery and Bill Moseley sings (!!!!:rockon:) If this doesn't intrigue, c'est la vie, I'm not here to tell you what to think.;)

Berberian Sound Studio. Toby Jones (staid englishman) goes to work for hotheaded foreign types. hilarity ensues. Or was it a Burroughsian nightmare brought on by fear of sheds?? As puzzling as you want to make it, this may turn out to be my FILM of the year. And to prove that the Osc*rs are IRRELEVANT, was this nominated for Best Sound (whatever), I doubt it.

Cat In The Brain. Can't get enough of Lucio's version of Day For Night really, though I wouldn't recommend it as an introduction to the man's work.;)

Dreams That Money Can Buy (1947). When I watch stuff like this, I remember why I love cinema....but that usually fades so I can steel myself for.......

Boss Nigger (Jack Arnold, 1975). Yet again Turdantino rips a film off wholesale, plasters a different title on it again, everyone calls him "edgy" (though not on this site, kudos folks!!) Ahem. Fred Williamson takes on William Smith whilst on a horse. SOLD!! Better soundtrack than DU as well....

Hawkmonger 6th February 2013 11:15 AM

Bit of a difference between buying a movie and beating a guy for no reason other than he asked you to turn you music down. I've never harmed anyone out of any other reason other than self diffence, so frankly the whole 'get wasted and beat the shit out of some normal guy' thing makes me sick. This film glorifies it. A horrible piece of crap.

Baseball Fury 6th February 2013 11:18 AM

Have a word with yourself, seriously. IT. IS. A. FILM.

I guess slasher films glorify murdering people too?