Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

trebor8273 14th February 2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 321472)
Yeah I watched it, would never have guessed though.

same here

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th February 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 321441)
Watched Silent Running for the first time. Strange movie, enjoyable though. It's interesting how they made the little robots walk!

Silent Running is a great film and one of my personal favourites. I've said this before, but it's the 'human' flipside to the very machine oriented 2001: A Space Odyssey. That's a double bill I keep meaning to watch in the same day as I've only done it over a couple of days previously.

Hawkmonger 14th February 2013 05:39 PM

Trilogy of alien nastieness...

Xtro- Always good fun and very surreal at times. The birth scene still make's me cringe.

Contamination- Rip-off-sploitation at it's best. A very down to earth spin on Alien.

Inseminoid- It's Norman.J.Warren. What more do you want?

trebor8273 14th February 2013 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yesterdays viewings

Nordicdusk 14th February 2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 321559)
yesterdays viewings

ROADHOUSE :rockon:

Nordicdusk 14th February 2013 06:34 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Gonna have a romantic night in just me and the following :lol:

Attachment 100209 Attachment 100210 Attachment 100211 Attachment 100212 Attachment 100213 Attachment 100214 Attachment 100215

Slippery Jack 14th February 2013 06:41 PM

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

From the opening scenes I wondered if this was a film I was going to struggle with (touchy-feely American indie flicks can go either way!). But then there was a surprise cameo from Tom Savini as a carpentry teacher*, and things picked up from there. Impressive and likable performances from the central trio, though the film definitely went on too long. And, as discussed in the Kermode review, I did find it very odd that three music loving teenagers in 1992 would never have heard David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ before!

Antiviral

I’d been looking forward to this for some time. Unfortunately, on the whole I found it rather tedious. Though the icky central idea is a good one, the execution was so icy and emotionally detached, I struggled to engage with any of it. I think the film would’ve greatly benefited from an injection of humour (pun intended). Even the manufacture of celebrity meat grown from their cells is dealt with a straight face! Maybe would’ve worked better as a 50 minute episode of Black Mirror.

*vaguely sad listeneing back to bits of the commentary with the director and his teen leads. When the director points out Savini, the kids have no clue who his is, thinking he was just another bit part actor :(

Dave Boy 14th February 2013 08:19 PM

Circus Of Horrors (1960)
The Mask Of Satan (1960)

Metallicbomb 14th February 2013 09:28 PM

Just watched Dead Snow
Very gory Very funny very entertaining
10/10:clap:
Can anyone suggest any more foreign Zombie films
I've seen
Rec
Rec 2
The Horde
Dead Snow
Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore)
Biozombie (Sun faa sau si)
Versus
Fido
The Beyond
Zombie Flesh Eaters
City Of The Living Dead
Battlefield Baseball
Braindead
EDIT: I'm very tired so missed of loads thank you for the suggestions but I've seen
All The Blind Dead Films
Zombie Creeping Flesh
Burial Ground
Nightmare Cty
Zombie Holocaust (more of a cannibal film)
Rec 3 (Good film but lacks all tension the first 2 had.)
The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (absolutley love this film, I've been to Windermere where the films supposed to be set
Even though a great deal of the film was shoot in Italy. Although the scene with the naked chick running across the road felt outer
Place but I'm not complaining:happy:

Slippery Jack 14th February 2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 321642)
Can anyone suggest any more foreign Zombie films
I've seen
Rec
Rec 2

Rec 3 ;) . . .